main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~The Snake Pit~~~ METAL GEAR SOLID Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blade_Of_Elu

Blade_Of_Elu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2003
    Blasphemy! Get out! :p

2. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    I think Viggo Mortensen or Hugh Jackman would make an awesome Snake if a MGS movie was made.

Ciao!

3. HaN___DoLO3

HaN___DoLO3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2003
    Of course, this doesn't explain why Snake looks and sounds exactly like Big Boss, when HE was probably raised under different circumstances....

I guess it's just an inconsistency. This game can't do EVERYTHING perfect.

LOL, exactly. I guess I'm just whining. I'm hoping Big Boss will have a very seperate identity. When I hear the voice in the English dub trailer, all I can think about is Snake... [face_plain]

4. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    The reason Liquid sounds diffrent is because he was raised in many diffrent cultures. I was born in the south of the US but my mom was born and raised in the NY-Chicago cities and she sounds diffrent then I do, and no I don't have southern accent and I don't say Y'all. I speak usually german because I learned german from a very earlly age.

5. HaN___DoLO3

Jan 6, 2003
    Tokyo Game Show trailer is up at the Konami site. :D

Here's a link to it, check it out, it's worth it: TGS Trailer

We get a first look at The Cobra Unit. :cool:
    They look bad ***!!! This game is going to rule, November can't come soon enough...

6. jollydwarf

jollydwarf Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    In the spirit of those surreal moments in MGS games, it appears that there's a bizarre minigame involving another PlayStation franchise. These are the reasons that I love Metal Gear.

7. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    The english subtitles for the TGS trailer didn't seem translate very well, especially the dialogue between Snake and Boss.

The names of Boss's 'sons' sounded impressive enough in Japanese, but their literal English translations don't quite cut it.

8. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Have we got an official release date yet?

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    As far as I'm concerned, Snake Eater will stomp anything and everything that hits the market this fall. Yes, I'm including San Andreas and Halo 2.

10. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    As far as I'm concerned, Snake Eater will stomp anything and everything that hits the market this fall. Yes, I'm including San Andreas and Halo 2. I agree with that

11. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    The demo's out is OPM. It makes me feel good.

12. HaN___DoLO3

Jan 6, 2003
    I picked up the demo today, and it's amazing! There's so much to do in this game. And I totally agree with Pooja This game will rule all challengers. :cool:

I can't wait for the whole game to be released. But, the demo should get me through the next month or so. ;)

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Don't get me wrong - those games will be great. But will they provide the story excitement and emotional depth as MGS3? Unlikely. Very unlikely. Not that all games must accomplish those things, but those things are one of the biggest reasons I play videogames.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    As far as I'm concerned, Snake Eater will stomp anything and everything that hits the market this fall. Yes, I'm including San Andreas and Halo 2.

*snickers, snorts, then guffaws*

...riiight. If I were to buy a PS2 all over again, that's not the game that'd motivate me to do so. That'd be San Andreas, and I can wait for the PC or Xbox version. :D

Yeah, I still got the bitter taste of MGS2 on my mouth.

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    If that's your opinion, cool. But not much in the way of videogaming has impressed me as much as Metal Gear.

16. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Is the Demo simmilar to what they said the game be, like can you move around in your enviorment more and do lots more intresting things and get diffrent reaction in other words does it have great replay value?

17. Decapitated-Jango

Decapitated-Jango Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    No, they lied. 8-}

I played the 15-min demo for 3 hours... and I need more. Now. Thank you, Hideo Kojima!!!

18. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    I'm in no mood for sarcasm, I wanna know.

19. Decapitated-Jango

May 18, 2002
    Obviously, it had replay value for me, since I played the demo for three hours when it could be beaten in 13 minutes or so.

And a little hint... if sarcasm ain't your thing, then the JC is not the place to be. It's not like all of us bored geeks are here to just spout 100% information to your every unspecific query without being sarcastic while we're at it. This isn't a game helpline where you talk to Mario. No one has to tell you anything, so simmer down. The game is incredibly immerse, and yes you can "move more in the environment" because the environments in MSG3 don't have any 90 degree angles. It would defeat the purpose if you couldn't move around more because then it would be like a building made out of bushes. Left turn, right trun, etc. And yes, everything you do in the game seems to have a conscequence, and the new Close Quarter Combat sysems rules.

20. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Cool thanks. I am actually sarcastic, just something bad happen to one of my friends and I wasn't feeling happy or sarcastic.

21. Decapitated-Jango

May 18, 2002
    Ok! Anyways I played the demo for another 2 hours or so today limiting myself to the sniper rifle/head-shots, then shooting everybodys legs, right arms, etc. Then I tried throwing snakes at enemies, and other stuff. Actually OPM missed a bird that you can hunt - there's only one in the final area on the roof above Slokov. Plus, they say you can't pick up the fruit on the ground- all you have to do is kick it tho. This goes for anything, frogs, snakes, mushrooms- you don't have to waste your ammo, just kick away.

Also, blasting 4 guys about 10 yards back with a shotgun is also entertaining. My favorite part is the bridge area. I get there with full ammo, play it out a different way, then jump off the cliff and start it over. Also, going back to that area when all the guys are respawned is fun. :D :D :D

Imagine when I get the game! *passes out*

22. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I'm looking forward to this game, but at the same time, I'm a little apprehensive.

The first Metal Gear Solid, to me, was an almost perfectly told story with just the right amount of twists and turns to keep me glued to the screen. Sons of Liberty, while still a very good game, just went waaaaaaay too far with the plot twists. I mean, I can usually follow the most insanely complicated stories with little problem, but Sons of Liberty left me scratching my head like nothing ever had before (or since, for that matter). Of course, after playing through it again, and reading some articles on what the story was really all about, I finally got a better grasp on it, but it shouldn't be nessecary to do that. You can only have so many double, triple and quadruple crosses before it all gets silly.

I'm afraid that Snake Eater will not only continue this trend, but actually be worse. Just the fact that Kojima has not "officially" confirmed that the playable character is Big Boss, when it seems so obvious that it is, causes me concern. I fear we might actually get a story that involves time-travel (please don't let it be so), or something equally ridiculous. In the screenshots and previews, we've already seen technology that has no earthly buisiness being in the 1960's.

Maybe I'm overreacting and It'll turn out great, but I just can't shake these feelings of doubt.

23. Decapitated-Jango

May 18, 2002
    If you kill Slokov, and choose not to continue and choose "exit" it says Time Paradox. Found that out this morning.

So, we'll see. ;)

24. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Well it would be a Time Paradox, since if Big Boss dies then Snake is never "born" and then the other games never happen. I think. Curse you Kojima!

25. Decapitated-Jango

May 18, 2002
    That's funny.

But I wonder how Snake knows about laser-guides for handguns...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.