~~~The Snake Pit~~~ METAL GEAR SOLID Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if I should make a new thread for this or if this is the right one, but I need help. I can't beat The Fear.. any of you guys here beat him yet? Any tips?!
  2. General-Jawa007 Jedi Knight

yeah i know about metal gear acid for the psp they annonced another mgs game for the consols.(i have no idea for which ones)
  3. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't beat The Fear.. any of you guys here beat him yet? Any tips?! get out your thermal goggles and your .45 and fire away when you see him, either that or use your AK.

As for the other game, there is a rumor that there might be a MGS4, nothing deffinate but it is still a possibility.
  4. SlackJawedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Something I'd like to see (in addition to an MGS4) is a remake of the first two Metal Gear games. Snake vs. Big Boss action! Grey Fox! Ultra Box! Woooo!

That's the groovy MSX versions, not the lame 'missing half the dialogue' NES ones.

Speaking of MGS4... It's already confirmed:

Groovy!
  5. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The fight with The End is better than Halo 2 and San Andreas.

edit:
    ...combined.
  6. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, the fight with The End was pretty cool. I managed to sneak up right behind him one time. I got about 2 feet from him, pulled out the sniper rifle, zoomed in, and gave him a bullet right in one of his nasty little liver spots... good times. :p
  7. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dammit, I've been trying to beat The End for like an hour now and so far I've only been able to hit him twice. [face_plain] How long did it take you guys?
  8. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It took me a long time to beat The End, one thing I recomend is look for the reflection off his scope. The battle of The Fury is the easiest next to the battle of Ocelot and The Pain. Right now I am in the Tourture Room.
  9. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah but it is such a big area and it gets so frustrating.

*cries*
  10. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Here's my strategy:

First, don't worry about dying in this battle. His bullets only take away stamina, and since all it requires to heal is for you to use the knife to pull out the dart, and there is more than enough food to hunt in the areas, there really is no danger whatsoever.

What you need to do is run around in the open. That's right, don't bother hiding. In fact, you want him to see you. When he does, he'll start shooting. Once that happens, immediately go to your map screen. He will have revealed his location and it will be marked by a red circle instead of a white one.

Now you need to get out of his line of fire and sneak around a hill or whatever else provides you cover (you may take a shot or two from him while running away, but like I said, it's not a big deal). Sometimes, depending on his current position, you will be able to sneak right up on him, but usually you want to engage him from a distance.

Once you get a clear line of fire, (Check your map again to see if he's still in the same place. Usually he'll stick around even after he's fired at you, but he will sometimes take off.) pull out your sniper rifle and put on your thermal goggles. If you haven't gotten the sniper rifle yet, it's in that shack in the southern (I think it's southern, anyway) area. He should still be facing in the direction that he saw you in the first place. Then, aim and fire. You should also be able to get a second shot at him while he's still reeling, but he'll run away after that.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

This battle is going to take a while regardless of your strategy, but I hope this helps. Just remember to always have your sniper rifle and thermal goggles on quick select and scan the area from time to time. You might just be able to spot him before he spots you, and thus avoid having to run around and make him reveal his location... just don't expect to always spot him first. ;)

11. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For the fury get a rapid fire machine gun and when you see him shoot, but bewear he has a flamethrower and he can fly.
  12. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And the battle of The Sarrow can be a little freaky, if you killed a lot a guys.
  13. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The boss fights in this game were so magnificent. I just beat it and it blew me away more than anything this year, as I knew it would.
  14. Mace_Windoo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Indeed. I thought the ending was magnificent.
  15. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just beat it and tell you the truth I cried. They really need to rerelease the original MG games so it could make a better time line.
  16. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    What are you supposed to do for The Sorrow fight? I just keep walking and after I get past The Fury I die. Help?!
  17. Mace_Windoo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    At the end, where he's standing over the skeleton and kills you when you walk up to him, press L2 and use the revival pill at the "Snake is dead!" screen.
  18. Darth_Julio Jedi Master

star 2
    Intro movie controls
    Do the following during the intro movie:
    Get This By Doing This
    Symbols appear on screen Move the right analog stick
    Changes the symbols Press R3
    Credits will make waves as they move across the screen Rotate the left analog stick
    Singer whispers "Snake Eater" Press R1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play With The Title Screen
    You can mess around with the animation and background at the title screen by pressing different buttons.
    Get This By Doing This
    Turns the background black so that you can only see Snake fighting the soldier. Triangle
    Changes the color of Snake and the soldier. L1
    Changes the color of Snake and the soldier. L2
    Speeds up the Snake vs. soldier animation. R1
    Slows down the Snake vs. soldier animation. R2
    Changes the background design. L3
    Changes the screen's color. R3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Language during Intro
    During the intro movie, you can press:
    Get This By Doing This
    Changes opening credits to 4 different languages and into slithering snake bones. L3

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Unlockables
    Unlock Extra Camo's

Get This By Doing This
    Last Camo You wore in a new game Beat the game, and the camo you were wearing will apear
    Sneaking Camo Beat the game once
    Spirit Camo Beat the game once

Obtainable Facepaint and Uniforms.
    Most camos can be found lying in the Jungle at relatively well hidden locations. Some camos have to be downloaded using a network adaptor and a memory card.
    Get This By Doing This
    Facepaint Kabuki Tikhogornyj, at the bottom of the pool before the waterfall.
    Camo Mummy Download it to your memory card.
    Camo Grenade Download it to your memory card.
    Uniform Maintenance Groznyj Grad Weapons Lab: East Wing in locker. Same time as the Sneaking Suit.
    Uniform Officer Steal it from Raikov.
    Uniform Scientist Given to you by Eva.
    Uniform Sneaking Suit Groznyj Grad Weapons Lab: East Wing. In the locker with the red stripe.
    Camo Ga-Ko Chyornyj Prud, underwater in northeast.
    Camo Water Bolshaya Past Base.
    Camo Snow Peschera Cave, on the right branch before the Pain.
    Camo Splitter Bolshaya Past South.
    Camo Chocolate Chip Bolshaya Past South.
    Camo Rain Drop Dremuchij North, under the rope bridge on the far side.
    Facepaint Oyama Graniny Gorky Lab, Exterior. In the air duct.
    Facepaint Zombie Dolinovodno during snake eater mission. Behind the building.
    Facepaint Rain Drop Dremuchij North, under the rope bridge.
    Facepaint Desert Ponizovje Warehouse.
    Facepaint Snow Bolshaya Past Base, In the fox hole on the left side of the middle building

Misc. Unlockables

Get This By Doing This
    The Boss Uniform Defeat her by draining her Stamina only
    Mechanic Uniform In Second Locker on Far Right in Groznjy Grad (Near the locker where you put Major Raikov at)
    Sneaking Suit In Locker you put Major Raikov in (Second time you go to Groznjy Grad)
    Colt Single Action Army Choose the gun on the right during the final duel.
    Snake vs. Monkey levels 4 and 5 Complete the game once
    Camera Complete the game once
    Extreme Difficulty Mode Complete the game once
    Patriot Complete the game once
    Tuxedo Camouflage Complete the game once
    Banana Camouflage Get the highest record time in every stage of Snake vs. Monkey
    Mosin Nagant Defeat The End/MK22 only
    Moss Camo Defeat The End by sneaking up behind him during battle and pointing a gun at him. He will lay on the ground. Point the gun at his head three times, aiming elsewhere when he speaks.
    Stealth Camoflauge Find and shoot all 51 Kerotan frogs spread through out the game.
    Stealth Camouflage Find and shoot all 64 Kerotan frogs that are scatter
  19. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here is a hint for defeating The Sarrow, don't kill anyone, if you do there spirts will be there.
  20. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    The ending was sweet. Didn't really expect any of that.
  21. Darth_Julio Jedi Master

star 2
    With that end no wonder why he became Evil!!!!
  22. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I went to thesnakesoup.com and there is some cheats that are list as above but there is one thing that wasn't listed...Radio Frequences, if you use your radio and dial the following frecences you will get some songs.

23. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't put all the blame on the Government you commies. ;) The Boss willingly went to her death to save the US from nuclear holocaust. Its not like the American Patriots *wanted* to throw away their best agent, but Volgin's nuclear attack left them with no choice.

I LOVE how Ocelot out backstabbed Eva. Can't beat the master honey. :D
  24. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    First off, spoiler warning, and second, Oh it's on.
  25. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If anybody can get the words to theme for Snake Eater, I would be greatful. Did anybody notice when you were with Granin that the music in the background was the theme from SOL and did anybody push R1 in those scenes, you can see Otacon's dad and MG Ray and the blueprints to Rex.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.