main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~The Snake Pit~~~ METAL GEAR SOLID Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    You can also see the positively goofy Sorrow (complete with signs that will help you) and Ocelot at the White House. [face_mischief]

2. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Finally played Twin Snakes. I enjoyed it except for a few things that nagged me.

1. The voice changes. It's mainly accents, but it annoyed the hell out of me.

2. It's easier than the original Metal Gear Solid.

I can't wait to get Snake Eater, but my PS2 is broke. :(

3. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    1. The voice changes. It's mainly accents, but it annoyed the hell out of me.
    Because most of the people who did the original voices died.

For us who have played Snake Eater, how long did it take you to beat The End?

4. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    First time it took me about an hour and ten minutes to beat The End. The second time through I just killed him at the warehouse.

5. Darth_Julio

Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2004
    there is a rumor that RAIDEN IS A CLONE OF THE BOSS but that they change it sex. it that true?

b/c i thought he was a clone of that russian commander?

6. Darth_Julio

Aug 18, 2004
    i know there is a mg3 board, but there is not board about where in the freking world this frogs are located so .....

if you know where they are or where we can see this informaiton please post it here thank you ......

7. Darth_Finkle

Darth_Finkle Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2003
    Ah, an MGS thread!

I love the Metal Gear Solid series. I've played through 1 and 2 more times that I can count, and I'm already almost through Snake Eater for the third time. These games never get old. That's what I love about 'em.

BTW: I highly doubt Raiden is a clone of the Boss. She did have a son, but by the time of the Big Shell Incident he would have been much older than Raiden was.

It goes rather quickly once I've actually found him.

8. Darth_Julio

Aug 18, 2004
    So why the heck Raiden MG2 look like that Russian Commander( no im not talking about ocelot or the boss)

im talking about the russin commander ( vol's b/f ) the one he steal he's clothes

9. Darth_Finkle

May 27, 2003
    In Metal Gear universe answer: They might have been related or something.

Real-Life answer: It was an in-joke from Kojima. Nothing more.

10. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    ^Exactly. When you put Raikov in the locker there is a poster of Raiden on it.

11. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    Is anybody watching the screen Savers right now? theyt just said there might be a Metal Gear Solid movie in the near future!!!!!!!!

12. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    I was just about to bring that discussion back up and see who would you like to play the characters.

For Otacon, I think either the guy who played Daniel in Stargate the movie or Jeff Goldblume.
    For Vamp or Psyco Mantis-Me, but they would have to put me in white make up because I am tanish.

13. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002

Sadly, it took me about 2 1/2 hours to beat him. However once I got my strategy down it was a piece of cake.

Here's my Metal Gear Cast. Not everyone is a must but they were the only ones I could think of.

Metal Gear Solid -
    Solid Snake - David Hayter 2.Hugh Jackman,
    Liquid Snake - David Hayter 2.Hugh Jackman,
    Big Boss - (Dave or Hugh in age makeup)
    Roy Campbell - Brian Cox (1.Richard Crenna if he was still alive)
    Meryl Silverburg - Franka Potente?
    Naomi - (Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, Rosamund Pike)?
    Mei Ling - ?
    Otacon - Michael Shanks
    Pyshco Mantis - (A tall skinny guy)
    Sniper Wolf - Rebecca Romijn-Stamos
    Revolver Ocelot - Rade Serbedzija
    Vulcan Raven - A body builder?
    Gray Fox/Cyber Ninja - ?
    DARPA Chief - Dennis Haysbert

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty -
    Solid Snake - David Hayter 2.Hugh Jackman
    Raiden - Orlando Bloom
    Solidus Snake - David Hayter 2.Hugh Jackman
    Revolver Ocelot - Rade Serbedzija
    Otacon - Michael Shanks
    Roy Campbell - Brian Cox (1.Richard Crenna if he was still alive)
    Rose - Anne Hathaway
    Olga - Vanessa Marshal
    Vamp - Marton Csokas
    Fortune - ?
    Emma - Christy Carlson Romano
    Fatman - (someone who is fat)
    Scott Dolph - Delroy Lindo

14. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    Jet Li would make a gooed Ninja

15. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    Mei Ling: Ziyi Zhang. That's the little thing from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Nastasha Romeneko: Izabella Scorupco (that's Natalia from Goldeneye).

Fatman: John Goodman. C'mon, it could work!

Solid/Liquid/Solidus/Naked Snake: David Hayter. Though I'm not sure if he can do a good English accent.

Meryl Silverberg: Mirando Otto? I'm pretty bad with female parts...

Psycho Mantis: Gary Oldman! He's done an acceptable Eastern European accent, plus he makes for a good madman.

Sniper Wolf: Famke Janssen. Yep, it's Xenia all over again.

Vulcan Raven: Oh, a toughy... If only Arnie could change his accent...
    Eh, some unknown.

Donald Anderson: Denzel Washington. Perfect.

Colonel Scott Dolph: Samuel Jackson. Because I had to work him in there, somewhere. :D

Colonel Roy Campbell: Well, Dick Crenna's dead, so...Harvey Keitel? Yeah, he'll do.

Fortune: Vivica A. Fox. You know it makes sense.

Vamp: I'd say Johnny Depp, but I'm worried he'll camp it up even more. :) Meh, I'll give him a shot.

Revolver Ocleot: David Carradine. Yeeeeeah.

Rosemary: Jennifer Garner. Yeah, I'm not even trying anymore.

Hal 'Otacon' Emmerich: Michael Shanks. Yeah, the guy from Stargate's perfect.

Emma Emmerich: Hmmm...Amy Acker?(That's Fred from Angel.) I'm kinda stuck with this one...

Kenneth Baker: Gene Hackmen. It works.

Richard Ames: Ed Harris.

Raiden: Has to be Bloom. No one else is girl enough. ;)

President James Johnson: Harrison Ford. Why not? :D

Olga Gurlukovich: Nup, out of ideas.

Sergei Gurlukovich: Ditto.

Naomi Campell: There's too many characters in this series. I'm going to bed.

16. Darth_Finkle

May 27, 2003
    A MGS movie would be cool, if it was done right.

That may be a pretty big "if".

Here is one point to consider (assuming the film will follow the game events):

In the game, a lot of exposition vital to the plot, as well as a lot of the plot itself, is communicated through codec/radio sequences. But how would you make that interesting in a movie? But if you do away if the codec/radio altogether, how do you present the information it would have given?

Any ideas?

Kenneth Baker: Gene Hackmen.

Excellent! I never thought of that. Best casting idea I've heard yet!

17. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Can someone tell me the purpose of the Kermit the Frog dolls all over the game? I havnt finished it yet and was wondering why are they there. I shot a couple just incase it meant something and the thing just makes this weird sound.

Also, without spoiling it for me, does SE open up into something huge and unexpected like Sons Of Liberty did? A yes or no answer from anyone who knows will do. Im talking about something wild like when you got to the second part of the game you became Jack. Or, how it just gets outrageously surreal before the end. So far I find the Bosses mindly entertaining. Iv faced the winey kid with the guns and the bumblebee dude.

Oh yeah, two more things. Is SE a continuation of the saga or an entirely different story? 1964 is throwing me off. Are the other games supposed to based that long ago? And wasnt that Revolver Ocelot's voice at the end of the last game? Yes or no again.

Any help here would be hot.

18. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    The frogs are called Kerotan, if you can get close to one, look at it and call Paramedic for a bit of an explaination. There are 64 of them in the game (one in every single area), and if you shoot them all you get the "stealth" camo.

There is a twist at the end, but nothing out of left field like in SOL. You have yet to face the coolest bosses. ;)

Snake Eater is a prequel. It takes place entirely in 1964, decades before the events of the other games, but it does answer some questions about the series. And yes, that was Revolver Ocelot's voice at the end of MGS.

19. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    THANKS!!!!

Unfortunately, I may have passed up shooting a Frog or two, but this is one of those games with high replay value- i'll get back to it on my second run. "STEALTH CAMO" Hell Yeah!

A prequel, cool. I thought for a split moment that this may be the case but it didnt stick. Now that I know for sure, this is EVEN cooler.

Hido is the man.

20. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003

Hido is the man It's Hideo.

21. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    Forgive my type-O your geekness. HIDEO IS THE MAN!!!!

22. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    LOL, It is just I like Hideo he is just so cool and makes a good story better he is like the GL of Video Games.

23. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I like your cast list SlackJawedJedi, it was pretty good. It's probably the best one I've seen (other than mine that is :D).

Anyway, I was doing my paper route this morning when all of the sudden it hit me that Dead Cell was set up by the Patriots :oops:. Call me slow if you will but I forgot if they mentioned this in the game, but I was thinking the the only real bad guy in the whole MGS saga is the US government/Patriots. I'm mean they drag The Boss's name through the mud and like it says at the end of MGS3, she will always be remembered as a traitor. They also set up Solid Snake on the Tanker so people will hate him and then they finally frame Dead Cell's leader and have him killed. Then they go after Commander Scott Dolph and have Ocelot kill him. Then while the government trashes Dead Cell, Dead Cell swears that they are innocent and then they eventually snap and want to help Solidus take over [face_thinking].

Man, I love Hideo fun making some of the best video games ever. Talk about a mindjob though.

Also for those of you who have beaten SE, what do you think happened to EVA. I know that the timeline at the end said that she dissappeared or something but do you think that she is still in hiding or that someone found her and exposed of her body. I was talking about this on the IMDB.com board. I personally think that she is safe in hiding. However abunch of guys think that BB found and killed her since she betrayed him at the end. I personally think that BB wouldn't do that. What do you think?

24. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Eva disapeared by...Ocelot, that is what I think anyway.

25. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    Snake should be either Hugh Jackman, Viggo Mortensen, Eric Bana or David Hayter.

Michael Shanks is perfect for Otacon. I don't think there is anyone else who could come close.

Renee O'Connor (from Xena) would make a good Meryl. She has the right look and has a similar voice to the actress from the game.

[image=http://www.whoosh.org/issue73/graphics/oconnor.jpg]
    [image=http://www.efanguide.com/~roc/reneeblackbikini.jpg]

Raiden should be either Leonardo DiCaprio or Orlando Bloom. Leo is the better actor but Orli is more feminine. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing either one in Raiden's skull suit.

Ciao!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.