main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~The Snake Pit~~~ METAL GEAR SOLID Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Tom Cruise would make a decent Snake, I think.

2. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    ^^^To short.

I just saw National Treasure last night and I think the producer should be Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Michael Bay, I mean they teamed up to make Armageddon and that was a good film.

3. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hugh Jackman is Snake all day. Exellent choice.

Hey, im on "the end". I thought I could lay low when I saw his stamina going down but it came back up. They give you Bosses back to back with little room to breath. I like it. And of course its on hard. Id have it no other way.

I was wondering, is Snake a "clone" in each game???

4. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    No, Snake is not a clone in every game only in MG:SS(solid snake*the 2nd game in the series),MGS and SOL that is the same Snake but in SE the snake you play as is what people call Big Boss, but I call him BB

5. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Whoa,[face_hypnotized] =P~ [face_love] thanks for the pics Angela.

6. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    I just finished snake eater...and I loved it..it was a great game....and the story was just so good...I was at a loss for words at the end...wow

7. yukie

yukie Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2004
    SPOILERS.

Remember the end, when it says Eva disappeared in hanoi?

Grey Fox is half vietnamese.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

8. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Yikie, you might be on to something there.

9. yukie

yukie Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2004
    oh definitely! In MGS, nothing is just coincidence :)

EDIT:
    About the MGS movie...David Hayter wrote the scripts to X-men 1 and X-men 2! He can definitely do something good with the MGS movie

10. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    I have found the lyrics to the Snake Eater theme.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Main Theme
    Vocals by Cynthia Harrell

What a thrill
    With darkness and silence through the night
    What a thrill
    I'm searching and I'll melt into you
    But you're so supreme!

I give my life
    Not for honor, but for you (Snake Eater)
    In my time there'll be no one else
    Crime, it's the way I fly to you (Snake Eater)
    I'm still in a dream of the snake eater

Someday you go through the rain,
    Someday you feed on a tree frog,
    Its ordeal, the trial to survive
    For the day we see new light

I give my life
    Not for honor, but for you (Snake Eater)
    In my time there'll be no one else
    Crime, it's the way I fly to you (Snake Eater)
    I'm still in a dream of the snake eater"

11. The_Fireman

The_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Holy freaking cow that game was awesome! It was on par with MGS, or close to it. The second one was a little too out there for me, but this felt like a return to perfection. :D The only thing I'm SLIGHTLY disappointed with is that I had hoped they'd develop a little more Big Boss' evolution to the "dark side", as it were. Though I must admit, him standing there in that uniform with the beret and that mean look on his face was a NICE touch. And I suppose the whole thing over The Boss might have been a little influence on him turning against the US... Anyhoo, great game, nonetheless. EVA... =P~

Can anyone tell me what they said at the end before the credits regarding the "Patriots"? I caught everything else but that one slipped past before I could read it.

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I actually thought Big Boss' contempt with the United States government was explained perfectly, and I'm glad it didn't do anything else. The rest is obvious.

13. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    has anyone played MGS on the box(xbox)?

14. yukie

yukie Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2004
    Ya, big boss' lunacy was actually very well developed. Specifically, when you see the white innocent flowers turn red during the last fight...

15. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Found this on IMDB.com and thought that it was an interesting theory, so here it is.

Posted by MovieLover040

In a codec conversation that is rumored to take place in MGS3, Eva states that Ocelot is the son of two WWII war heroes, and was born on the battle field, and that left a huge scar on his mother.

The coincidences are just too many...

On top of that, Revolver channels Liquid in MGS2, due to the surgical implant on his arm...this would also lead us to believe that Ocelot IS the boss's son, since her husband...is The Sorrow...a guy who has many supernatural tendencies, and links...which would give the whole "Ocelot channeling Liquid" instance, some credence. She was born in 1922, I believe, I think that's what the headstone says, in the end.

EVA and ADAM are two American men who defected.

Many believe EVA (The informant, not Eva AKA Tatyana, AKA Tanya), is Raikov. Ocelot's name is "Adamska" which contains ADAM in it...so some believe that their real name, is part of their code name, or vice versa. Raikov's first name, I believe is Ivan, or a variation of that, someone on another board, said that in Russia, it's pronounced with an E sound, so it sounds like E-van...which looks like EVA...on top of that EVA, the informant would have to be someone who is high ranking, and actually has valuable information. I don't believe it's implied anywhere that the informant "EVA" was ever killed...he was just unable to make it that night.

16. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Awesome theories! :D Especially the one about Ocelot being The Boss' and Sorrow's son. Very interesting.

17. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Ocelot is The Boss' son. You find out after you fight him and you are in the cave. You can contact EVA and she tells you that he is the son of a legendary war hero and that he was born on the battlefield. Put two and two together, when you fight The Boss, she tells you that her child was born on the battlefield.

18. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Plus they state that Ocelots mother had a snake shaed scar on her. And The Bosses scar is snake shaped.

19. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    they did?

20. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Hideo also confirms this in the new EGM magazine along with these other interesting facts. I found this on IMDB.com.

I just got my copy of this month's Electronic Gaming Monthly in the mail. They have a brief interview with Hideo Kojima in which they ask some of the burning questions left from the game. The answers are:

-Ocelot IS the son of The Sorrow and the Boss.

-The End's parrot is the grandfather of Emma's in MGS2.

-Kuwabara is a spell. Quote "There was this historical figure in Japan called Mr. Kuwabara who was afraid of lightning. So Volgin, with all of his electricity, doesn't want any rain or lightning to hit him."

-A "moss guy" and "lizardman" were cut bosses.

-The camera will probably change in future installments, but he isn't sure how yet.

-The next game will take place in the future, after MGS2, and he would love for Meryl and Otacon to "do their thing again."

21. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    I don't think there is going to be any more MGS games. What would the story be? I think it should be left alone now.

22. El-Elyon

El-Elyon Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    I haven't played Snake eater yet, hope it comes to xbox, comes out in march next year *sigh*

Hideo Kojima has said so long as people want more MGS there will be more.

look up MGS4 in google, should find the statement somewhere.

23. The_Fireman

The_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I don't think there is going to be any more MGS games. What would the story be? I think it should be left alone now.

I'm dumbfounded at this statement. MORE METAL GEAR! :p I crave more.

24. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    I dunno... After Sons of Liberty Kojima said that he was done with the series.. but then Snake Eater came out. At first, I honestly thought that MGS 3 would suck but in the end, fortunately, I was very wrong. I just think that all the loose ends have now been tied up and theres no need to mess with the story anymore.

25. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    No... loose... ends? What madness is this?

MGS 2 had an exceptionally open ending! The identity of the Patriots, the fact that the Patriots none-too-benevolent rule continues, Ocelot/Liquid still running around, Olga's child, and probably a whole bunch of other things that I'm forgetting.

A sequel following on from that makes perfect sense.

I was actually a little annoyed that MGS 3 was a prequel, because of the amount of storylines from MGS 2 that were left hanging. Good thing that the game was up to scratch, and could stand quite well on it's own, plotwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.