main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Social Party - Version 3

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Morgaine, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Those were some good waffles. :D

(I ate the rest aboard the train. ;))

I'm back from the meeting, too. :) Was really great to see everyone again, I will most definitely not let another seven years pass before the next one! :p

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm glad that you liked them. :D

3. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Ooh, you had a meeting? How nice! :)

It's really cold here now. Have to put on my warmest clothes every morning before biking to uni.

4. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    ^^That's what I did last week. This week the temperature is somewhere around the freezing point - which isn't exactly comfortable, but certainly better than last week. ;)

Yeah, we did a 10-year anniversary meeting - it's been ten years since the GSFF first got together. :D Was really great meeting them again, it had been way too long for me...

5. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Wow... ten years! Well, now that I think about it I think FF Sweden should celebrate ten years next year... not that I was a part of it then. :)

I wonder where all the time went? It's been over 8 years since I first registred here. Some people have been here 12 years! Amazing.

6. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    I wasn't there for the very first meeting either, but at least for the second one (nine years ago). :)

Yeah, it's amazing how long it's been... when we started, most of us were still in school or just starting university... I guess we've really grown up during our time here. :D

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Would have someone told me that I would stay 8+ years here, I would have called him 'crazy'. But now I wonder about how can time flies as well, like Nina above. ;)

8. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I predict we're gonna sit here when we're old and cranky, and complain about how much better the boards where when we were young... :p

(Of course, I believe people are doing that already...)

9. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, people have been doing that for ten years already. At least. :p

10. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    It was so much better before! :_|

[face_mischief]

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Laura! [:D]

But of course if you know where to hang out, the boards can be pretty fun.

I can't believe that in less than 2 months I'll have been on the boards for 10 years. [face_plain]

12. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Just wait till after the move - how much do you think people will be complaining about things being worse than before then? :p

Huh, yeah. Not long till the 10-year anniversary of the day I registered, too. Didn't even realize that... long time indeed...

Laura! :) [:D] Long time no see - how have you been, girl? :D

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're so right, Julia. After the move and with the time passing by the current board will look better and better, although the new board has more options for us - it'll just look different I think. Honestly I love this board, because it looks easy and not over-filled with stuff one doesn't really need for the usual posting like other boards. So I hope the new one will look as close to this one as possible - and I think the mods who are working on the new one are (mostly) in the same line. :) So, in short: I already start claiming that the old times were better, although the 'old times' aren't over yet. Am I doing well? [face_laugh] :p

Laura, nice to see you again! [:D]
    How have you been? :)

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I hope that they make the new board as much like this one as possible. There are a lot of features on other forums that we don't really need hrre, as they just take up unnecessary space.

15. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    From the screenshots I've seen, it sure looks like they're working hard on making the new boards look as similar to these as possible. :) But actually cleaning up the header a little, because there are so many links in the current one that aren't really all that necessary, but of course we have no control over those.

That's the spirit! :D You may yet become a bitter oldbie. :p

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Then I can be the resident bitter midbie. :p

The screenshots do look similar, but there has definitely been talk of adding new features once its up and running smoothly.

17. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    What's up peeps?!

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Furio, how could I miss your post? :eek: ;)

Somehow I think we shouldn't become bitter people for more than 2 minutes. That doesn't fit to us! ;)

So...

Merry Christmas to you all! [:D]

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Merry Christmas!

I'm done wrapping my presents, I didn't have many to wrap. And it's almost 4am. (I was lazy about wrapping them. :D)

My sister however is still wrapping hers.

Might be time for another Christmas movie... I might stay up with my sister while she wraps her gifts... won't be the first time that we are up late... a few years ago we had to go to the gas station (which was thankfully open 24/7/365) to get batteries for one of my niece's presents.

Maybe I'll go and work some more on my fan fic... one of them. [face_laugh]

I do have other presents to wrap, but those are headed to New York, so I have the weekend to wrap those... the post office isn't open until Monday! ;)

...It's snowing! (On the JC. ;)) But I think we are supposed to get snow tomorrow... we already have some on the ground... better than last year when it was raining. :( (But I just looked outside, and it is snowing here, and quite a bit has fallen already, but it isn't big flakes.)

Hehehe... I'm so random... :D

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    My aunt got me a 3-D owners guide to the Millennium Falcon. :) It is really neat.

I also got a Pez dispenser from my niece that is in the shape of Kasey Khane's #9 NASCAR car. :) Oh, and a Santa cookie plate. :)

My grandma gave us money, and I'm not sure what I am going to get yet with that. ;)

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    If you can't find anything, you could give it to me, Cindy. I have a few things that I could spend it for. [face_whistling] ;) :p

I got a winter jodhpurs for Christmas. Since it was so cold the last days, my boyfriend agreed that it would be useful to use it before Christmas time. So I'm already enjoying it - and it's the best thing I got! Really needed! :D

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    [mindtrick]You will give me some of your Christmas money. [/mindtrick]

:p

Hooray for board snow. :p

23. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Hahaha Gunny. I already had to give $5 of it away, for my manager's Christmas gift. I might go out today to get some left over Christmas stuff in the stores.

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I thought someone would appreciate my blatant misuse of the Jedi mind trick. :p

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Exactly, misuse. Jedi are not to use the Force for personal gain. :p