The Social Party - Version 3

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Morgaine, Sep 11, 2002.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  2. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    No Julia, you aren't posting enough anymore. :p

And no, I didn't get to go. My sister wanted to stay home and clean the spare room... it is sorta almost done. We also waterproofed her basement to hopefully help her house sell. My mom and dad was supposed to go, but my mom had to stay home because her mom was in the hospital the other week because she was dizzy. My mom also had to do her taxes, which still aren't done.

Oh well, maybe next time. :( At the end of July.

Thought that I should share this with you guys, this is what I did on Sunday:
    [image=http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216175_1777761996091_1000600727_31662611_146380_n.jpg]
    I'm the stormtrooper in the middle. What happened was that we were at a toy show, and just a few blocks away, there were civil war re-inactors at the capital building. One of the girfriends wanted to go and see them, so we walked down to the capital building. We asked for permission before all of us approached them, and we go this picture in the end. It was nice that it was a warm day, I don't think that we would have walked down there if it was cold. This was in the newspaper in Columbus, and also we've found it on a few other sites. It was a fun day, and I'm glad that I went down to it. :)

Oh, and you're welcome, Gunny. :)
  3. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    I know, I know... :p It's just - there isn't all that much to reply to anymore, is there? :(

Too bad you didn't get to make that trip! Cleaning doesn't sound quite as fun as traveling. :p Keeping my fingers crossed for better luck in July, then! [face_good_luck]

(I guess this would be a bad time to mention I'll be going on holidays the week after next? ;) )

That's a great picture. :D Looks like some crazy crossover-fanfic come to life. Civil War, Star Wars and Ghostbusters? What a mix! 8-} I bet it was fun!
  4. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm here, Julia. [:D]

No, cleaning isn't much fun. But I hope you have a good time on your trip, and it is warm for you. Where are you going?

LoL. Most people can understand (to a point) the Civil War people and Star Wars people, but they don't understand how the ghostbusters come into the mix. :) They are at a lot of conventions that we are also at, so we let them tag along on our trek. There is also a Jack Sparrow (not our good one that we normally have) on the right of the group. He wasn't too bad, but his costume could have been better.
  5. Lexi Host of Quick-Games

Game Host
    star 4
    I saw that photo the other day at the Official Star Wars blog. I didn't know you were in it, Cindy :)
  6. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    ^^Yeah, that's the problem with stormtrooper uniforms - no one can tell it's you...

And I'm glad that you are, Cindy! [:D] Just wish more of the old gang would still visit. :)

I did wonder about that Jack Sparrow! But I think it's great, people from different fandoms having fun together, not one group feeling all elitist and not wanting anything to do with the others - just a bunch of fans enjoying themselves all together. :D

Oh, I'm just going to the north sea, a fairly short trip of maybe three hours by car - but it's to an island that we visited lots of times when we were kids, and I still love going back there every now and then. :) It's not going to be overly warm I expect, but I do hope for sunny weather! ;)
  7. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm the short one. :p (Really though, you can't tell though that I'm short there. ;))

But thanks for the heads up on the SW.com blog post, Lexi! That is so awesome! [face_dancing] We had found a few places on the net where that picture was, but SW.com is the best! :)

It is always cool though to go to a con and see all the other costumes, sometimes the things that people come up with are interesting!

Three hours is still a long drive. That's like me going to Dayton, Ohio, a trip that I did a few weeks ago. Okay, so I didn't drive the whole way, I carpooled with a friend for the last hour. ;) Have fun though!
  8. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    Indeed, it is a bit hard to tell how tall you are in that picture, what with you standing on the stairs and all that. ;)

I've never been into costuming, but pictures like this one sure do make it look like fun!

And being featured on the official site? Not bad. :D

(So what's up with the sw.com forums anyway, I heard they're closing them down? What's up with that?)

Carpooling is good, doing long drives all on your own is way too boring. ;) And thanks, I'm sure I will!!
  9. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Not sure why it is closing but it seems to be true - even though it was first posted on the 1rst of April. :(

Some refugees of TOS have arrived in WNU. If you like to welcome them, feel free. :D

Edit: Right now I'm writing on my Thesis and I have done a good part of it already, which is really cool since I hope to have a more relaxed time in the second half of my time to write it. :D
  10. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    On the 1st of April? Seriously? Now that's just cruel.

Hmm, haven't posted in WNU in a while... don't know if I'm quite the right person to do the welcoming these days, being around so little.

Good for you! :D Does that mean you're almost done with university then? :D
  11. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Yep...

You would be a good example for a person that can't never really leave - just doing 'longer' breaks. ;)
    (But at the moment it's a bit calmer in that welcoming thread. I guess more will come when it gets closed finally.)

Only about six months left! And all of these six months are going to be great - and I hope afterwards it won't be less fun. :D
  12. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    I welcome the occasionally newbie, but I'm definitely another prime example of popping in and out [face_laugh]
  13. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    Guilty as charged. :p

There's something about this place... :D

Did they announce when exactly they're going to close down, Skiara? (Poor guys - having to get used to a new forum, and then once they know their way around we'll probably move and they need to start all over again.)

You were planning to do an internship abroad this summer, weren't you? Is that going to be after you're done with the thesis already? :confused:

//edit: markup fail :p
  14. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Yes, they announced exact dates, but I can't remember them nor the thread where I've read it. Closing to read-only mod will be in the end of April. Shutting it down completely will be in the beginning of June. :(

That internship will be after my thesis - luckily. I think it would be too stressful to do both at one time. ;)
  15. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    Indeed! I don't think you'd get much writing done there...

Oh, so the thesis is not actually the last thing to do before you're all done, then? Any more exams left to do or just the internship? :)

Last week of April - that's next week! So soon.

Well, I won't be around to do any welcoming then... going on holidays tomorrow. One week at the sea. :D Perfect weather for it, too. :cool:
  16. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Holidays at the sea? I envy you! :) Although... I enjoy being here, having nice weather and being outside more and more. Motivates me to get some writing done. ;) :D

After the thesis, I just have one more test (not writing), one short paper (no mark for this one) and my oral exam on the thesis topic. And then... I'M DONE! :D [face_dancing] :D
  17. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    Holidays at the sea... well, hopefully you'll have thought to say hello to Sebastian for me should you see him.

My vacation is not too far away either and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have enough money to head off to the Indy Exhibition. That looks awesome from what I've seen from the newspaper.

I wished we could have a bit more of sunny weather around here, the rain is getting a little dull. Particularly when you've already had to stay in bed all day due to being sick.:(
  18. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    *crosses fingers as well* Should be doable! :)

But maybe better it's rainy when you can't go out and gets better when you feel like going out again instead of the other way around, don't you think? :)
  19. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    ...are you still waiting for me to come back from that one-week trip? [face_hypnotized] You can talk without me here, you know. :p

It's been a while, but my holidays were really great, the weather stayed perfect all week long and I got to re-visit lots of favourite places. :D

Since then, I've been rather busy, as you can guess, but not in a bad way - work's actually quite enjoyable, now that I've been there for a while I'm able to do more things, take on more responsibilities, I'm having fun with that. And we're finally hiring some new people too, so I'm not one of the new guys any more. :p
  20. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    We were just so friendly to wait for you, so you don't have too much stress to read tons of pages. :p

One week trip? Lasted long. :p

Great to hear that you did a step at your job ladder. :D
  21. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    Why, thank you, that's most considerate. :p

I wish! ;)

It's not exactly a promotion, more like that training-on-the-job period that you have when starting in a new work place is over now, and I'm a full member of the team, if you know what I mean. Much more fun when you actually know your way around and don't have to ask every single little thing, too. :p

Oh, and I got a pay rise already. Ten percent more, and I didn't even ask for it. :D I love my job. :D
  22. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    You're welcome! :D

I know what you mean, but it's also one of these little steps at the job latter. Without becoming an "oldbie" at work, you won't ever be able to do the bigger steps. ;)

Oh, and I got a pay rise already. Ten percent more, and I didn't even ask for it.

10%? :eek: ... Didn't you say your company is looking for new people? I think I need to apply. :p
  23. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    :D

True. But I think I still have a bit of time before having to think about the big steps - it's only been half a year, after all. The big decisions will come in about a year from now...

We are indeed still looking for more people. :D You might have to study computer science or something similar before they accept you, though. ;) I think that's the reason they gave all us fairly-new people a raise, actually - there's more demand than there are people available, so they need to make sure we remain happy and don't leave for a different company. (Not that they needed to - I'm not there for the money. But you won't hear me complain. :D)
  24. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Only one year from now on? Wow, that's fast... or... What kinf of decision would that be?

Do you think one or two classes at the VHS (adult education center) and a diploma, which tangents that topic as well, would be enough? I could even add some skills of economy if needed. [face_mischief] [face_money_eyes] :p
  25. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8