main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Social Party - Version 3

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Morgaine, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Sorry... :(

That really sucks. :(

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I hope that everyone had a merry Christmas! [:D]

3. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Christmas was great! The only bad part is that it's already over and I'm back at work again. However, the majority of my co-workers seem to still be on Christmas vacation. It's quite desolate at my office right now...

How was everybody elses holiday?

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    As you know, my holidays were rather not-existing due to being ill. Otherwise it would have been a calm time and I might have been able to do all the things I wanted to do (or at least most of those things). But this way... all the big work is still before me. Not a good start to the new year and new years wishes of getting those things done soon. :p

Being at work during the time of between the years or shortly after must be cool - with most people being still away and having a relaxed atmosphere to work in. :)

5. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Haven't checked in since the new permanent forums went live. To catch everyone up, I had an issue potentially affecting my long-term health addressed over the summer, shot a no-tap 300 (no-tap = 9 on first ball in bowling = strike) on my b-day in August, but the most important thing is that a half sister found us, her birth family, early in the summer, and we've seen a lot of each other since then, including our first Xmas together. Yes, she knows I'm a Star Wars fan. :D

And I finally made it to another Boston Super Megafest and met Dave Prowse. :D

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's nothing one needs on one's b-day. :( Hope it's not that bad as it sounded first and getting better every day. :)

It's cool about your half sister. Sounds like she never knew about you befor last summer. Great that she found out and you! :D

That Megafest isn't really solely about SW, right? Never heard of it at this end of the Galaxy.

Oh, and... Welcome back! :D

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Skiara, the second bit was about a bowling achievement that happened on my b-day, so that was, indeed, good. Not a "real" 300 game, but I had the last 4 natural strikes in the game, and those are the toughest to get in a "real" 300 game, so it felt like one to me. :)

And Super Megafest isn't all about Star Wars, but it's the only time the actors from it come my way (I met Anthony Daniels @ my first SMF in 2004). :)

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, that's pretty cool! I was never good at it - I am already happy when the bowl went in the direction of the bowling pins. :p
    (First, I thought the bowling picture was discribing how your illness got/hit you... [face_blush] Sorry, and glad to hear that it wasn't that way.)

Sometimes the smaller events are the better ones. Either they are more familiar or they have one or two really good surprises (and not tons of small half-good ones). :)

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    If people must know, the health issue was that I needed two colonoscopy procedures, the second one in which they removed a large (endoscopically) polyp that was too risky for the doctor who performed the first one to remove. The second one was done by a surgeon in a hospital OR in case they needed to do a larger resection.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Colonoscopy isn't nice on its own, but having two right after another and with that info about what needs to be done... Not nice days. :(
    But with those polyps got cut out I hope everything's normal and good again. :)

(Oh, and no, you don't need to post anything what you don't want to post. That wasn't my intention. :) )

11. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    It's been quiet here for a while now. What has everybody been up to? :)

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just had my city tournament last weekend, Lexi. I wanted to bowl every event, but only bowled in the team event after my doubles partner had to back out (there's a singles event, too, but they make you bowl doubles if you bowl in that, so I had to withdraw my doubles & singles entry). Still, I didn't disgrace myself on a tougher shot...had to grind out my spares, but was mostly successful doing so.

13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I uh...I uh...I haven't been doing much of anything. :p

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Not much, just the usual combo of work, hobbies and stuff. ;)

Two days ago it was the first day with real spring weather and I was happy to see the sun again (she was missed a long time here), and now, they tell us that we might get snow within the next week. Snow in March... not that fun... Sun is what we need... ;)

15. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Last year we had a snow storm on the first day of spring. :p

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    ...you're not forecasting that we'll get one this time, right? [face_praying]

17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It's snowing right now... a few days ago it was about 18°C and now it's 3°C (falling)... and snowing already... :(

19. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    -2°C... getting colder... wasn't spring supposed to come...?

21. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Not until the 20th of this month. :p

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Someone said that the meteorological start of spring is the first of May. So I demand spring with its usual warm(er) weather! *pouts* :p

23. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    [face_laugh]

I hope that you get it. Right now it's 50°F/10°C and by Friday it's supposed to be 66°F/19°C.

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  24. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    You have something against meteorologists? :p

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah, the name is misleading. :p Ology/ologist means study of/one who studies and meteor is another word for an asteroid so meteorologists should be studying asteroids/meteors. :-B

26. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    o_OSo you have something against me since that's the career I want to do