~*~*The Social Thread-Asia/Africa edition-All are welcome*~*~

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    How many degrees, Nina?

At the moment here is it nice. It is warm, but a bit windy, so you don't recognise the heat so much. :D
    Unless you do some kind of unnessary moves. :p

But walking outside is great! :D
  2. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yep, Europe must have stolen all the good weather for once [face_mischief]

Lastnight was the hottest ever on record, and it felt like it too :p
    Today is very humid so it isn't that nice, but the weekend was fantastic!! :cool:

Matt, we people without the Euro must stick together

hehe, be careful though, Sabine might hear us ;)
    I agree though, for now I'd rather keep the pound because it's really strong against everything else which makes holidays cheaper. I know we will eventually change to the Euro but it's nice to take advantage until that day happens.....and it's nice to be different too 8-}
  3. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    And what do you think what happen if I hear you? :confused: ;)

But even we got all the good weather, I heard in the radio that now there will come the rest of the hurricans from US. [face_plain] ;)
  4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thank you Matt! :D Loads of encouragement there. [:D]

I hope I can get the hang of it. Tonight the roads were mad and mum drove us to my uncle's house. My cousins have really shot up in the past year, it seems. It was so funny when the 15-year-old answered the phone...his voice was deeper! Heheh. ;)

Hey Alex, nice to see you stopped by! :D And I hope I get the hang of going about on my own. :) Good luck with your own test...sitting it soon? :)

Sabine, would you believe I mixed up the make of the car. *sigh* I'm not brilliant with cars. [face_laugh]

The car is not a Maruti...it's a Suzuki, apparently. The Maruti (and Indian car) was what my mom had previously. :)

Jean! [:D] Oh the gang's all here...man, I always miss the chat! [face_laugh]
    Tonight has been a heavy modding night. They are certainly keeping me on my toes over at WNU! [face_mischief]

Weather...it's getting warm over in Europe again? Wow, I really miss a lot when I disappear! :p
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    There is no need to be brilliant, Pash. ;)

And look at me, I mix up a lot of things. ;) [face_laugh]

Ah, ok, that name is known. But a Suzuki isn't driven by many people around here. ;)
  6. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    And look at me, I mix up a lot of things.

Yay, someone who I can relate to! [:D] ;) Gosh the number of doozies I have a day, hahaha!

As for the car type, I guess not. You will prob have a lot of European cars over in Germany, yes? :)
  7. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    [:D]
    What do you mean by "doozies"? :confused:

As far as I know we have a lot of german cars. Opel, Ford, VW, BWM... ;)
    But I drive a japanease car. A Nissan. ;)
  8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    By doozies I guess I mean funny mistakes or mixups! :D Mine have a name too! ;)

Oh nice. Your car sounds cool. :D And the ones you have in Germany sound so classy! :cool: Everyone loves BMW's here. ;)
  9. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    I see. :)

I have to admit, BMWs are really nice cars. I like them. :) But my student-dream-car is a Ford Fiesta. ;)
  10. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol don't worry it was my time to dissapear this time Pash :p

I'm waiting on lunch at the moment, getting grumpy from lack of food :p

Mike drives a Nissan, although I would like a Mercedes (sp?) myself ;)
  11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    [face_laugh]

No probs Jean. I will probably be heading off now as it's late here. :) Can't go wrong with a Merc, eh? ;) :D

Gosh I am so not good with cars. :( Although I like my mom's one...and I remember thinking that the Porshe Boxter was lovely.
    Wow, I'm really out of the loop! [face_laugh]

Sabine, that's nice. I wonder if dad will get me my own car, though. ;) My mom thinks I am a careful driver...she said so herself just today.
    Ofcourse, when we are in a hurry and I'm at the wheel, she's always telling me to hurry up! :p
  12. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Enjoy your meal, Jean! :)

Ofcourse, when we are in a hurry and I'm at the wheel, she's always telling me to hurry up!
    [face_laugh] That is unnormal for parents. ;) Last friday I drove dad's car (a Ford Focus) and the first thing he said to me "don't drive so fast" and when slowed down just a little bit he said "you don't have to drive that slow". And believe me the difference between the two speeds was very very small. [face_laugh]
  13. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And what do you think what happen if I hear you?

I'm not sure actually, I just felt the need to say it because you use the Euro ;)

I love cars, my dream car is a British sports car called a TVR. I'll post some pictures if I find some, they are drop dead gorgeous and very, very fast [face_love] :D
    Not that I drive that fast, of cause ;)

I'm not sure if I have any wise words for you Pash, but I think when it comes to driving on your own you just have to go for it! Maybe pretend Tom Welling is stranded somewhere and you have to go rescue him....Okay, maybe that's a bad example :p ;)

[face_laugh] @ Sabine. My mum is the same, but I always tend to drive nice and smoothly when she's in the car or else she will complain to me afterwards ;)
  14. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh my, now it's my turn to be away and miss some discussion... ;)

I told my mom that it was too hot today and that I was too tired to cook, so she treated me to a dinner at a restaurant! Was nice. :)

Oh my, car talk... I know almost nothing about cars. My mom's got two cars, a Volvo and an Alfa Romeo, they're nice cars, I think... she's going to sell one of them soon, though.
  15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sabine, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I tend to hesitate at busy intersections and get nervous when a dozen people try to brush past me. ;) Heheh. It's crazy driving over here, that's for sure.

But I know what you mean. Most parents would tell us to slow down... *sigh* I'm already slow, I guess! [face_laugh]

Wow, lots of talk of cars is making me want my own one. :D I wonder if dad will get me one...of course with my terrific (not) exam results, I think I might be in the dog house in the New Car Department. :p

Maybe pretend Tom Welling is stranded somewhere and you have to go rescue him....Okay, maybe that's a bad example

[face_laugh] You made my day! I might actually get stopped for speeding in that case! [face_laugh]
    Hmm, interesting motivation choice there, I must say! [face_mischief]

Nice car choices Nina. I have seen Alpha Romeo's here. :)

I would like a nice practical one for now...y'know like a small compact Jeep thingy...I think Toyota makes some nice models. I saw a pretty silvery one on the road recently. :D

16. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You and me both Pash! :p I have not yet even contempalted getting my full on driver's license yet. As it is, my mom has been attempting to encourage me. In a bad way of course... [face_laugh]

She put me behind the wheel, and made me cross the street, while a car was coming my way. I freaked out and hit the gas. It is now apparent I will not be driving anytime soon! ;)
  17. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As with most things in life, confidence plays a big part with driving. The best way to get more confident with driving is simply by just going out and driving. It does take quite a while to feel totally at ease, but eventually it will become second nature and you don't even think about it too much.
    Good luck with your next adventure Alex :)

Sorry to hear about your exam results Pash :( [:D]
    But you never know..... ;)
    I found this picture of one of the many cars I'd like to own. Perhaps not the pratical little number you were after Pash, but very nice none the less ;)
    TVR Tuscan

You made my day! I might actually get stopped for speeding in that case!

Hehe, glad I could help [face_mischief]
    I've tried it many times, which means I've saved Kiera and Lana lots of times :D
    But try and keep with-in the speed limit, I'd hate for you to get into trouble Pash :p

It's a bit late I know, but I hope you enjoyed your meal Nina. If I tried that with my Mum, I don't think I'd be as successful as you ;)
  18. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks for the words of encouragement Lord-Tice, as it stands, I am currently first attempting to get my USA ID card, then, I will attempt for the driver's license. As soon as we can afford classes ;) .
  19. starfish Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello, hows it going everyone?

I have my licence...and its wonderful. I'm one of the few people on my college floor with a car. So I drive people everywhere. We went to Montreal in Canada a few weeks ago. That was amazing. :D
  20. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Still here, too, Pete. ;)

Congrats because of your licence. :D It's cool and nice to be able to drive, isn't it? ;)

I have to go now again. My dancing class starts soon. ;)

Bye! :)
  21. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow, look! People talking in this thread! :D

Congrats on the license, Pete... I don't have one, so I'm always begging friends to drive me... well, when I need to get somewhere by car, which is rarely. :p
  22. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    What a surprise, Nina, right? :p

But it's cool to see it alive again. :D
  23. starfish Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I've had my licence for a while, but thanks anyways. :)

Yes, I'm still here Sabine. College keeps me very busy
    so I only have time to post in some places. Usually just
    the German boards and PM's.
    I still mean to read your other fanfic's Nina but that might not be till Christmas break.

Oooo, Christmas. Its not that far away. :D
  24. arcticfox Force Ghost

star 1
    hello all!

just breezing past, on an "Around The World In 80 Threads" tour.......making stops across the globe, spreading Star Wars Fan chear......untill i get back home - Australia! :)

so is everyone looking forward to the EP3 release? seen the Trailer yet?

i am still trying to get a link to it!

anyway, hope this finds you all well.....ENJOY LIFE!

off to my next stop....nearly up to 14... :D

bye!
  25. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    :p Heheh, everyone having a laugh...yep, it's been quiet here, no? [face_blush]

Pete, congratulations on the license. [:D] How does it feel to have the freedon? :D Cool, I hope. :) And you're driving the others around? Nice... :cool:

I haven't driven for a bit. All our errands have been later in the evening and since I'm not used to night driving, mom has been driving instead. Plus with classes and all, mom drives me up and down at night. I'll have to start driving again with mom...of course I'll have to listen to the odd comment or two. ;)

Nina and Sabine...hey, two of my gals are here! :D [:D]

You have kicked this thread to life ladies..and Pete of course. I will be so happy when exams are over and I can relax. :D

Edit:- Hey articfox. :D Nice to see another visitor here...heheh, good luck with your expedition arounf FF regions. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.