main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General ~*~*The Social Thread-Asia/Africa edition-All are welcome*~*~

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Pete, I thought your main home (here at the JC) would be somewhere else. But I have to say I am glad to here that it is the GSFF. :)
    See you there again soon. ;) :D

Yep, Pash... of course. ;) [:D]

Oh yeah, christmas is coming... That means starting to think about presents and who will get which one. ;) :)

Hello arcticfox! :)
    Where did you start your journey? :)
    Good luck with it! :)

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Oh I cannot wait for Christmas! :D [face_dancing] It's my favourite time of the year. [face_love]

Oh speaking of pressies, Sabine...we can all post our present ideas at the YJCC thread. :cool: They will probably start a thread for it sometime in December. It's always fun posting wishlists...heheh. :D

Like...hmm... 6 foot 4 inch box, containing Tom Welling. [face_mischief]

I'm counting weeks, Sabine...just 3 more weeks till exams will be out of my brain...well until the next session! :p

3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Thanks Pash, I enjoy the freedom of both having a car and being
    at college. Living on campuss is wonderful. :D

Also driving with other people in the car is more fun. One time
    we fit 9 people in my car...That was crazy. :p

Night time driving is a bit difficult, even more so when its
    raining or snowing.

GSFF is :cool:

Oh, and ArcticFox, feel free to use my May the Force Be with You
    lines in other languages. I've been to many of the FF's as well.

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    9 people in the car? [face_laugh] Sounds like you're having a riot, hehehe. ;) :D
    I think I remember a friend of mine from church telling me this time when a whole heap of boys from their school needed to get somewhere. One guy picked up a load of them...2 in front, maybe 5 or 6 in the back and the last guy didn't know what to do.

So he dove into the back seat and was lying on the others till they got to wherever it was! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Independance is definitely one thing you get with owning your own car...I still drive mom's but I dunno if dad will get me one now. I would love one just like mom's but in a different colour. :D

5. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, that sounds pretty much like what we had to
    do. My car is rather small so the 6 people in the back
    had to sit on each other. lol :p

It was a 20 min ride to where we were going too.
    And then back. :D
    I sat in the back on the way there and let my other
    friend with a licence drive my car.

When we got there I couldn't feel my legs. lol

6. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Ouch! Hahahahaha! [face_laugh]

Pete, that reminds me of the times my work mates and I used to take trishaws or 3-wheelers to some of our client places. My work place didn't give us big salaries so we couldn't call cabs. ;)

When we did take trishaws and there were 3 or 4 girls and a few guys, the girls would go together or the guys would get to sit properly while some girls had to sit on the oters laps.

Since I'm a broader girl and I was taller than the others, I wound up being the one seated on, all the time. ;) I used to joke that I could get my thigh exercises done while on the move! :p

Heheh, stuff like that still cracks me up. [face_laugh]

7. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Lol, thats funny Pash, :p
    Not exactly sure what a trishaw is though.

How tall are you?

Crazy stuff is always fun. Thats why I love college.
    We do lots of crazy stuff. Like we made a fort a couple weeks
    ago, we made a haunted house for Halloween, we had a costume day,
    and we drive around with way to many people in my car. :D lol

Oh and I have a picture from costume day. Sabine has seen it
    and I meant to show it to Nina. But you'll probably see it here.

http://apnelson.zoto.com/special/toprated/3c37a860152db9836d5802c033259e5b-

I'm the one on the very right.

8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    A trishaw or 3-wheeler is also called an autorickshaw.

It has 3 wheels (one in front and two behind) and is like a little buggy. The driver sits in front and operates the buggy with handlebars that look a bit like a bike. The passengers sit in the back seast...about 3 people ca usually fit in. If we're a bit bigger...then we have problems! :p

Oh I'm actually not so tall, Pete. I'm just 5 ft 6" but that's taller than most people I worked with. ;) A few of the boys were taller than me though...but some weren't. ;)

Heheh, the Halloween stuff sounds like a real blast. Oh pictures? :D I'll peek at it now. :)

Edit:- Just saw the picture. Cool. :D And it looks like everybody was having a great time! [face_laugh] at the pics of the babies everywhere. Heheh, there was one on a tellytubby too! [face_laugh]

Pete, you wearing dark shades, yeah? :) And a cap? Heheh, very cool. :cool:

9. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Ah, I think I have a good picture of a trishaw now. I've seen
    similar things in Canada. :cool:

5'6" is a good height, thats about me too. Maybe a little shorter.

Yes, I'm the one in the cap and shades. Though I don't normally
    wear shades. I like my blue eyes. lol :p

10. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    5'6"? What's that in metric? Oh, nevermind, I'll check... it's 167,64 cm. ;) (I love http://www.onlineconversion.com/ )

That's tall, to me. I'm 164 cm, and I think that everyone who's taller than that is TALL. :p

Nice pic, Pete! :)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I haven't seen such a thread before, Pash. Ok, I am rarely at YJCC. ;) But it could be cool to see what other people want to get to christmas. ;) :)
    Will you let me know, if that thread is up? :)

I am 1,73m. Don't know what it is in feet. ;)

And one thing I recognised: Either this thread is nearly dead or it is full of life. :D

[:D]

12. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Either this thread is nearly dead or it is full of life.

[face_laugh] Sabine you're spot on, girl! [face_laugh] That is true. Normally the Smallville thread is quite active coz Matt, Jean and I post there...but this one has been quiet. Well, stirring up some action here is always good. :D

The Christmas wish list thread...as soon as I see it up, I'll PM you or let you know somehow, Sabine. :) Yep, it's funny too. We post pics of the stuff we're e-sending to friends and it's great for a giggle. ;)

Pete, blue eyes are so cool! :cool: Mine are black... Ah well, it goes best with darkest brown hair and tanned skin. ;)
    It's those baby faces that really got me giggling, hahahaha!

Nina, 5 foot 4" is nice...you're petite, which is always cute. I get funny comments like:- "you're not that big" and "you're not sooo broad"...

I wish I could ask them:- "If I'm not sooo broad, then how broad am I? :p [face_laugh]

Hmm Sabine let me convert your height and see...oh Nina's link there might be of use. ;)

Edit:- Sabine I just converted your height using Nina's link. BTW, great link Nina! :cool:

Sabine you're 5.675853 in feet...I guess that would make you 5 feet 6" plus a little bit. :) So we're around the same height...or you're a bit taller. :D

13. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Heh, I always get comments like "you're so small" and all my friends tease me about it. But it's okay, I rather like it. You can hide easily behind other people. :p

I'm already written my wishlist for Christmas. Gonna drive mum insane with all the SW stuff I wrote on it... ;)

14. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    ;) @ hiding behind other people! :D I guess if we were in the same room you could hide behind me, Nina. [:D]

I have had workmates (and guys mind you) saying...she's a big girl...
    Erm, yeah... ;)

;) I think I have a lot of Smallville stuff and Gilmore Girls stuff on my wish lists this year. :D I want to get some DVDs of the shows. :D

Also I would like to get a new phone... [face_whistling] but my dad is ignoring it. ;) I think he wants me to get through my exam first... *sigh*

As for SW stuff...I wish I could get the newly released OT DVDS...but the originals will cost the earth over here...hmm, must save up. I wonder if they'll get here this year. ;)

15. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Well, it sounds like we are all about the same height.
    Just a couple inches difference. Blue eyes and Blond hair.
    Can you tell I'm part Swedish. Yeah. :cool:

I like this thread so I'm glad its back to life. :D

Whats this Christmas thread thing? Where do I find it?
    I must know. Christmas is wonderful.

I don't have the DvD's yet either. I just haven't had time.
    Does it really take a year for them to get to Sri Lanka? You should just have some one send them to you.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Pash, for converting it. I was a bit too lazy and my time was running off. [face_blush] ;)

One thing that came to my mind when I read all your posts is, that I would like to meet you all one day. :D

My christmas list is also already written, more or less at least. Mostly I want a new (second hand) car, because I don't know how long my car will still work and a car is really needed where I live. ;)
    But somehow I think I won't get that gift. It's something like when little children write "I want a horse for christmas". :p

Is there really no one who can buy the OT DVD's for you, Pash? :(

Can you tell I'm part Swedish.
    Always thought you were from the USA. Have you ever lived in Sweden? Or is someone from your parents from Sweden? :confused: :)

I have green eyes and blond/light brown hairs (depends on who you are asking). When I was young I had really blond hair. ;) :D

17. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Can you tell I'm part Swedish. Yeah.

I've always thought of Swedish people as having that Nordic blond look...y'know all cool pale hair, fair skin and pale eyes...very cool. :D When I saw the picture, yep...that did strike me, Pete. :)

And I'm glad the thread is alive too..I have missed you guys. Sabine and I do meet up all over the place but this is one place I see you post. :D

Whats this Christmas thread thing? Where do I find it?
    I must know.

And know about it, you shall. As soon as I see a wishlist thread up, I'll tell you guys about it and send you a link. :D In fact I think there are some Christmas threads up already. ;) I haven't posted yet coz I want to get the exam out of the way first. :p

Does it really take a year for them to get to Sri Lanka?

Yes and no, Pete. The bootleg stuff arrives real quick. For example I know the seasons of Smallville that I want to get will arrive here as soon as they do in the UK. But for original DVDs of the SW Old Trilogy, it might take a while, coz lots of people here are not as big SW fans as...well I am for instance. ;) Plus I'm a girl so that's a rare combo! [face_laugh]

I know people who watch AOTC and go..."Right so why is eps 3 coming after eps 6?" and i'm like "Weeeeelll, here we go again!" ;)

When I need to get some stuff like exercise videos and my LOTR DVDs, I got a friend of mine to buy them outside and she sent them through her brother or dad. :)

Sabine, I could get the OT down but I have already asked for some stuff so that's due soon...perhaps after that I'll get the OT...or hope that when it arrives here in Original form, it won't be to expensive! :p

Thanks, Pash, for converting
    NO probs...it's cool that we are around the same height...though I do suspect that you're abit taller than me, Sabine. :cool:

One thing that came to my mind when I read all your posts is, that I would like to meet you all one day

Tell me about it! :D That's something that has always been in my mind. If ever I came to Europe I'd definitely want to meet the European FFers that I know, Sabine. Gosh there's you, Jules, Jean (ofcourse she might not there for long ;) ), Niklas is travelling but I'd love to see him, Nina and Vanessa and Maja. Hmm, did I miss anyone? :p

Pete, you're in the USA...argh, my chances of going to the USA are slim but you might meet some of our gang if they all go for the Celebration 3 thingy...or other SW conventions. :D

Sabine, I always find it cool how hair colour changes for people with fair air. How is that? :)

Phew...looong post! [face_laugh]

18. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Yes, Sabine I was born in the US. But my grandmother is from
    Sweden. I have visited Sweden one time. For about a month.
    I have quite a few relatives there. :)

I do plan to meet Nina and her group at C3. :)
    I promised Gaiatha I would bring stuff for smore's
    because none of them knew what Graham crackers were.
    Do you know what smore's are?

19. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Pete, I think you look more "Swedish" than I do... I do have blue eyes, but I'm not blond... ;) Oh, and I'm not tall and busty and called Ulla either, like all Swedish girls in american movies... :p

Pash, it would be so fun to meet you someday! Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can do that someday. :)

Christmas... I love Christmas. Soon it's December and we can start counting the days until the 24th (which is the day we celebrate Christmas in Sweden). But first we have to live through November, the darkest month here. It usually rains, and we get hardly any sunlight at all... but when the snow comes I'll be happy again! :D I love snow... and it really gives me the feeling of Christmas. A Christmas without snow isn't really a "real" Christmas for me... ;)
    Oooh, and I must bake all the special Christmas cookies and candies and stuff... and decorate the house... :D :D :D

20. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Ah, I know not all Swedish people have blue eyes and blond hair.
    Lots of my relatives don't. But me and my sister got the blond hair
    and blue eyes genes. :D

Besides I think red hair is quite amazing. I only know a few
    people with red hair. So I think your hair is very nice Nina. :)

And you are right, Christmas without snow is horrible. Sorry Pash
    but it really is. Have you ever seen snow Pash?

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Phew...looong post!
    [face_laugh] That is exactly what I thought when I say your post, Pash! ;) :D

"Right so why is eps 3 coming after eps 6?"
    Interesting question! [face_thinking] Why is it so... [face_thinking] Could you explain that, Pash, please? :p [face_devil] :D

You make me curious. Do you have a pic of you somewhere online? :)

If ever I came to Europe I'd definitely want to meet the European FFers that I know, Sabine. Gosh there's you, Jules, Jean (ofcourse she might not there for long ), Niklas is travelling but I'd love to see him, Nina and Vanessa and Maja.
    Sounds like a European Meeting with a really nice visitor of Sri Lanka. ;) :D
    It would be great. But somehow I would like to see Sri Lanka, too. :) But I am not sure if I ever will be able to go there.

Sabine, I always find it cool how hair colour changes for people with fair air. How is that?
    How is that... [face_thinking] Good question. I never notice the change. But when you are older and look at old pictures, there will be a time you will recognise that your hair colour changed. Sometimes I like my brown hair and sometimes I wish it would be a bit more blond. And I liked it when I was at the north sea and my hair becomes lighter again. ;) That was cool! :D ("was" because I don't go to the north sea anymore.)

Ah, thanks, Pete. :)
    "Graham Crackers"... I remember that discussion. ;) :D

Oh, yeah, and the same as every year here in Germany (Cologne/Köln)... Hoping for a white christmas. ;) :p

Btw does anyone know if their exists some kind of advent calendar here in the JC/FF? It would be cool, if something like that exist. ;) :D

Oh, and may I quote you, Pash? ;)
    "Phew...looong post!" :D

Edit: Ok, not as long as your post. ;)

22. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi Gang, great to see this thread alive & kicking once again :D

Sooo much to talk about though :p ;)

I'll start with hair....when I was very, very young my hair was very, very blonde. My Mum still has a lock of my hair and I'm amazed by how blonde it actually was, it's almost white :eek:
    But now it's brown. It goes a bit lighter in the summer, but depends on how much sun I catch which is never a great deal ;)

It would be great to meet you one day Pash :D
    I will be meeting with Nina and Pete and many others next year, which I'm looking very much forward to I must say. And of cause I got to meet Sabine this year along with many others [face_dancing]
    I'm still thinking what Arsenal gifts to get you Pete, so don't worry I haven't forgotten. And I look forward to tasting some Graham Crackers, as long as Graham doesn't mind ;)

Christmas should be good this year, but I actually hope it doesn't snow but that's because I have lots of driving to do, and this country just doesn't cope well with snow :p
    We usually get snow in February though, so I think I might get lucky. But I hope Köln has a white Christmas this year Sabine ;)
    Nina, do you really celebrate Christmas on the 24th??? I never knew that and I find that very interesting....so you get to open your presents a day before us, not fair :p ;)

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Hello Matt! :D
    Yep, we met at the Jedi-Con. It was cool. :cool: :D

Normaly we get some snow, too, but mostly only some snow flakes and if we are very lucky the ground will be covered a little bit by snow. But usually it isn't at christmas. :( But thanks! :)

Oh, and we celebrate christmas on the 24th, too. ;) :D We start it in the evening when it is dark. :D
    My family starts with turning on the lights of the christmas tree when it is dark, then unpacking all the presents and then it is dinner time. Yummy! :D

24. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, the 24th... okay, a small account of the typical Christmas in my house (and it's practically the same in all of Sweden).

We wake up in the morning, look at all the presents under the tree and try to refrain from shaking them trying to figure out what's in them. Then we eat the traditional Christmas breakfast, which is rice porridge with sugar and cinnamon. After that, at about 11am, we go to church to watch the Christmas play there, where they tell the story of baby Jesus and such. It's very nice, I used to love it as a kid and I still think it's very beautiful.

Then we get home, and start preparing the Christmas food, and then we eat. We usually have a big ham, sausages, swedish meatballs, pickled herring, grilled ribs, potatoes and stuff like that. The more, the better! ;)

After the food comes the part of Swedish Christmas that most people find very curious. At 3pm, everyone in Sweden sits down in front of the TV to watch... Donald Duck! Yep, it's a tradition ever since they showed it the first time in the 50s. Anyway, after Donald the grownups want coffee, and the kids start whining about opening the Christmas presents. By now it's dark outside, and very cozy with the lights from the tree and candles... and finally, the grownups declare that they've had enough coffee, and the presents can be opened. In some families Santa comes with the presents, but in my family it's always been the kids handling them out. :)

Well, and then everyone is tired and we just try out our new things and take it easy, perhaps watching something on tv.

*sigh* I really look forward to Christmas now, with typing all this... :p

But before Christmas we have Lucia, which I can tell you about when we come closer to that... ;)

25. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Well, Pash if you ever travel to Europe let me know and maybe
    I can visit Europe also. Then we can all meet in like France or
    something. :D

I'll remember the Graham Crackers. ;)
    Looking forward to the Arsenal gifts. I'll have to think
    of other presents to bring also. I'm starting to realize that
    this C3 thing is going to be very expensive for me. There's the
    ticket, hotel, presents, gas money, who knows what else.
    I'm not going to have any money left for college. :p

That sounds like a nice christmas Nina. :)
    I actually celebrate christmas on the 24th also. We go to my
    grandmothers since she is from Sweden. Then we usually celebrate
    the next day also. :D

By the way, we had our first snow fall today. Yippy Skippy. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.