main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General ~*~*The Social Thread-Asia/Africa edition-All are welcome*~*~

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow, the whole day is planned. But it sounds interesting, Nina! :D

A propros meeting each other...
    I have dreamed last night, that you, Pash, came to Germany and we had a great time. Ok, I just dreamed the first few hours, but we had fun.
    There were some other people around, but I don't know who they were. [face_blush] :D
    Seems I really like that idea of meeting each other. ;) :D

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Aiyooo, look at the number of posts I've missed! [face_laugh] Let me catch up! [face_mischief]

Warning-loooong post ahead!

Meeting up with all of you sounds great! :D

Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can do that someday.
    Indeed Nina...if I was in Europe it then we all have to! :D

Oooh, and I must bake all the special Christmas cookies and candies and stuff... and decorate the house...

Oh you're reminding me of the stuff mom and I make! :D We make Christmas cake every year and then I decorate the tree and help mom wrap the gifts. Mom will probably start making the cake early coz the longer it matures the richer it will taste. [face_love] Yummers! [face_love]

Christmas without snow is horrible. Sorry Pash
    but it really is. Have you ever seen snow Pash?

Nope. :( No snow Pete, just a little cold weather or rainy weather. But I'd love to see snow...to make those snow angels! :cool: I have always wanted to do that! ;) And throw snowballs...erm, excuse me.

Sabine, you're wicked...heheh, you're teasing me back! [face_laugh]

You make me curious. Do you have a pic of you somewhere online?

Yes I do, but forgive it's fuzziness. ;) Someone scanned it for me but didn't do a great job. It's a regular pic that was scanned and I must upload these again as well as new ones. :)

Sounds like a European Meeting with a really nice visitor of Sri Lanka

Aww, [:D] thanks hon. :D It would be great if you ever came to Sri Lanka. I think you'd like the tropical weather. :cool:

Interesting about the hair colour and how it changes... *sigh* Mine is always the same. ;) I think it does look darker than when I was younger because i oil it more now. When I was swimming the chlorine used to play the merry devil with it. :p

Matt you had blonde hair? I thought you'd always been dark haired...that's the impression I got from your DVD film. BTW, the Jason Connery resemblance is spooky so if you had blonde hair back then it would have been like you guys were clones! :D

Matt, I look forward to when I can meet you too. :) Would be cool..we could drive each other nuts discussing Smallville! [face_laugh] Lucky bunch... coz some of you will be meeting up. :)

Nina! :eek: You are officially making me hungry! :eek: Argh! :p j/k. Sounds yummy all right.

Mom gets a Brueder for us to eat on Christmas morning. Did I spell that right? I think Sabine can correct me coz it's probably a German word, yes? :) I enjoy a slice with some butter or Jam, just before we rush off for morning service at church. Goodness, might be singing in the choir this year! :eek:

Well, Pash if you ever travel to Europe let me know and maybe I can visit Europe also. Then we can all meet in like France or something.

Sounds cool, Pete. :) If this bunch met up in real life it would be fun! [face_dancing]

Oh, Pete what are smores? I'm not sure if I remember... :confused:

I have dreamed last night, that you, Pash, came to Germany and we had a great time. Ok, I just dreamed the first few hours, but we had fun.

Sweet! :D Sabine it would be so great to meet up with the gang. We've all been getting on so brilliantly here at the JC, meeting up in RL would be cool! [:D]

*looks at post*

Wow! :eek: Seriously loooong! :p

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I still think it?s too early to start talking about Christmas, but I guess not really as it?s only 6 weeks away. And I haven?t bought any presents yet :p

I?m amazed by how much I?ve learnt about Chritsmas in other countires from this thread....I had no idea that many opened their presents on the 24th.
    We have to wait until the morning of the 25th before we can open ours ;)
    And I love the fact you watch Donald Duck at 3:00pm Nina, that?s when we have the Queen?s speech on the 25th, so quite a contrast I think, hehe.
    A traditional dinner is roast Turkey with chipolata sausages, vegetables and roast potatoes....yummy!!
    W e also have some Gammon and roast beef, and I?m the one that cooks it all because I actually enjoy doing it (and eating it) :D

Good luck with the Cake Pash, the sooner it gets made the better it will be ;)
    I love having Christmas log during the holiday....now I?m getting hungry :p

We rarely get snow on Christmas day, and like you Sabine, if we do it will only be a few snowflakes :( I?d love to experience a full-on white christmas one day.

I?m trying to think if there?s anything I?d like you to bring for C3 Pete, but I?ll let you know if I can think of anything. We are quite lucky now because there has been a demand for more American sweets in this country so a few specialality shops have cropped up selling American sweets which is great.
    And it will be expensive but well worth it :D I have most things sorted now too so I can relax a bit .

Yes Pash, between the ages of 0-4 I had blonde hair. It?s odd looking at pictures of me back then because it doesn?t seem quite right. My hair turned brown naturally, so Jason Connery need not worry ;)

And if we were to meet Pash I?m sure we could spend all day talking about Smallville, but that might be a bit unfair on everyone else but at least we?ve given them fair warning :D

My post doesn't seem long enough compared to the rest, lol.

4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Ah, Snow is wonderful Pash. Snow angels are a blast to make. :D
    Hopefully you see snow one day. Its very cold though. It sometimes
    reaches about 40 below here.

Smores are Graham crackers with chocolate and roasted marshmellows.
    But this explanation only helps if you know what Graham crackers
    are. The others didn't so you might not either.

Yeah, Matt and Nina, if there's anything else you want me to bring
    just ask. Maybe some T-shirts that say I heart NY. :p

:)

5. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    I still think it?s too early to start talking about Christmas...
    Ah, but I wish it lasted longer and that it didn't take long to get to it every year... ;) Heheh, it is early but once my exams over it will b at our doorstep. :D

Christmas pressies... :D
    We open them on the 25th...at least at my house that's what happens. If we go to my aunts on the 24th evening (she's my dad's younger sister) then she sometimes gives me my present at midnight and her kids and I open ours then.

But on other occasions I've got it when they came over for dinner on the 25th. Mom used to make Christmas lunch every year on the 25th but it was tiring for her and since it's her day she likes to have the day off. ;)

Yep my mom's birthday is on Christmas day so she's a Christmas baby and her name's Noeline. :D

Donald Duck Vs the Queens speech. ;) Heheh, that is a contrast all right, Matt. :D We usually have different Christmas programmes every year. the channels will probably line up some movies and specials...that will be nice to watch when I'm home. [face_love] I love the musicals etc...Christmas carols...yay! [face_dancing]

Speaking of Carols, we are practicing for the church Christmas musical on the 19th of December. Solos have not been given out yet though I'd love to audition. I'm new at this church so I don't really know what's going on at the moment...I hope everything has not been assigned already. :(

We're doing some funky songs...so that should be fun. :D

I hope the cake goes well too, Matt. :D Thanks I'll tell mom. ;) Yummy...it's a lovely treat to have with tea even post Chrismas. Getting hungrier now, Matt? [face_mischief]

Christmas log... Matt, is that like Yule log? :) Swiss roll with chocolate and stuff? [face_love] Ohh...gorgeous. :)

My hair turned brown naturally, so Jason Connery need not worry

[face_laugh] Cute...aww, but I'm sure you are still a charmer, Matt... [:D]

Smallville oh for sure. Warning has been given. Ah but I think we wil all get on like a house on fire. :cool:

Y'know I've never understood how people get on like a "house on fire". I mean...hello, does that make sense? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Pete, snow angels really are as cool as I've seen on TV? I think that's the first thing I'll do when I see snow! :p Hmm, perhaps once I've felt what snow feels like on my fingers and on my face. :cool:

Smores are Graham crackers with chocolate and roasted marshmellows

Oh wow...devilish. [face_devil] Graham crakers...I have heard lots about them, even in my recipe books but I'm not sure what they are like. :( Are they different to regular crackers...is it the ingredients or the way they are made? :confused:

Okay, I think we will have to rename this thread the "Food Fiesta thread!" coz we're all gonna get really hungry reading this! [face_laugh]

Oh and I was supposd to post my fuzzy pic on the previous page and I forgot! ;) So here's a link. I hope it works.

Me and mom.

It's a pic of me (salmon pink saree) and my mom (turquoise saree). We took it the day my cousin Thushara got married. Soon after the church ceremony we took these in the garden of my dad's office. It's quite blurry so when my exam is over I wil scan these again and put them in a proper album. :)

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Do you want to kill us by those long posts? :eek: :p

Sorry, I am very tired because of the last weekend and I will take a nap first, before I take the time to go through all the post. ;) :)

See you soon! :D

7. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Ooh, I love that pic, Pash... you've got so nice clothes! Very very beautiful. :)

I'm NOT going to write a long post, because I'm too tired, but, uh... yeah, well, actually, I can't think of much to write either since I'm a bit squishy in the head. Well, it feels like that anyway 'cause I'm tired. I think I'm gonna grab a good book and sit down and read some. :)

I wonder if this post made any sense...

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Nina, I was expecting another long post. ;)

And Nina is right, Pash. Your clothes are really nice and you look beautifull, too. :)

When I read your posts above two days ago I wanted to reply much, but know I can't remember what I wanted to say. [face_blush] Bad that I hadn't the time on monday to answer. But maybe it wasn't that important. ;)

Have a wonderfull day everyone! [:D]

9. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    wow you look beautiful in that pic Pash!

I am envious I so want a saree, it probably wouldn't suit me but I want one anyway :p
    The colour you had on was great [face_love]

10. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Aww, thank you girls. [face_blush] [:D]

Sabine, thank you. I love wearing ethnic clothes like sarees and short kurta tops or kurtis as we call 'em. :) Kurtis are like tunics worn with either trousers, jeans or shalwar pants. I must get you a pic. ;)

Nina, thank you hon. :D

Jean, this particualr colour-salmon pink-would look great on you. For one thing you're skin colour is pale and pink will make you look gorgeous. Plus as a special bonus, it's a colour you like. :D

That saree was salmon pink with silver on the edges. So the blouse was done realy funky at the back. You can't see it in this photo but the bac was actually open with a string tie-up effect. :) All girly and nice. [face_batting]

Wow, that post was not so long now was it? ;)

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol yes very girlie [face_love]

One day I shall have one, I am determind to get one lol

12. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    [face_love]

Hehe, that's our determined Jean. :D Hmm, there must be some shops over there Jean...lots of Indian clothing.
    Of course I have to say that the price differencess are quite big. In Sri Lanka some kinds of sarees are really expensive, but because we're right next to India the prices are not too bad.

I think whenit's shipped to the UK and USA, they reaise prices. :(

13. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    There are shops here but again they are also expensive :(

Probably have to import things which doesn't help either :(

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I must get you a pic.
    That would be very nice, Pash. :)

Jean... I miss you on msn. :( Why aren't you there? :(

15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Hmm Sabine...let me post a link to a pic of some ethnic wear. You might like it...we do love to go overbaord with all the ka-ching sounding anklets and heavy eye make up and colourful clothes....heheh, all part of the dress up bit. ;)

Speaking of MSN, I need to get chatting with our gang more often now...Christmas will be a great time to do that. D:

Jean, yes I imagined it might be. :( Importing must mean heavy taxes and stuff. :( Argh...it's always like that.

Aiyooo...I hope I get to meet you one day, honey. I'd bring you something ethnic. [face_batting] [face_love]

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Would be cool, Pash. :) I want to know what clothes and things you mean and like. :)

And chatting again would be really great. :D I haven't you seen for some time on msn, too. :(

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Jean... I miss you on msn. Why aren't you there?
    I've had to cut my online time down a great deal because of the amount of work I have gotten so far this semester. The amount is so much I have one project that is due in 3 weeks time and I haven't started on it I have had that much to do :(

lol Pash by that time I might be in Canada so you might have to come there :p

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Pash and the rest of the gang , Long time no post. Pash I will get Jeannette a saree when she is out here at Christmas . There are alot of shops near my work place. Do you feel like coming to a wedding on Canada in 2006 :)

19. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Aw, Mike...you're a good man. [:D] I know Jean will love that! :D Especially if you get her a lovely girlie colour like pink...gorgeous! [face_love]

Wedding invite? Aww...that's lovely of you. :D I don't get out a lot...but I'm seriously considering this now. :D It will be so romantic to see the wedding. *sigh* [face_love]

Now you've got me going off like the romantic babbler that I am. :p

Sabine, I'll get online in the evenings here. I will probably be modding more coz it's usually quiet around Christmas. We have family get-togethers but other than that...it's quiet.

Jean...girlfriend. You're right. You'll be in Canada won't you. :( Hmm...

*plots her world tour* [face_mischief]

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Mike, are you planning a big FF Meeting in 2006 in Canada? ;)

I see, Jean. :( That's bad. Then I will you drop a PM soon. :)

Hopefully also a bit on msn, Pash. :)

I was at the doctor and now I will get my first acupuncture tomorrow... [face_worried]

21. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Oooh, acupuncture sounds scary. But according to my mum it's really nice, so perhaps you'll enjoy it, Sabine. :)
    Maybe it's just me, I'm horribly afraid of needles. *shudders*

I want to go to a wedding. I want to wear a nice hat. I love hats, but sadly there aren't many occasions when you need a hat... not that I care, I wear hats anyway. :p
    I sometimes wish I was born in the early 20th century. Such lovely hats everyone wore! [face_love]

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Needles are okay as long as they don't hit some really painfull points. I was at another doctor who needs to put a needle into my hand... that was mean...
    But beside of this needles are okay, even the bigger ones at the blood donation. ;)

But I don't know what I should think about acupunture... The only thing I think is "Hopefully it helps, however it really works". ;)

Nina... you and your hats! :D

23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Nice picture Pash. :)

Though salmon pink is not really a favorite color of mine. :p

Hats are cool. I like the funny jester hats. :D

Needles in the mouth hurt also. I've had plenty of those lately. :p

24. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Pete and Nina !!! Pash I might have an aunt who is coming over to Canada from Sri Lanka in August 2006 so you can travel with her :) I will take several pics
    of her if she finds a saree that she like Pash.

Where in Sri Lanka are you. My mom has family in Columbo and Kandy (spelling) One of my aunts owns a hotel in Columbo but I cannot remember which one.

Sabine that would be neat as there will be people from all over at the wedding. One thing is for sure it will not be a Star Wars wedding :) Jeannette would kill me on the spot [face_laugh]

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    If you are going to invate more and more SW fans, then it could become an unofficial SW FF Meeting. ;) :D
    So take care! ;)

And to the acupuncture... some needles I haven't felt, but some (two to be exactly) were bad. But I will have another session, because I want to know if it help me and my headaches. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.