main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General ~*~*The Social Thread-Asia/Africa edition-All are welcome*~*~

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your grandma, Nina, and sorry that I post so late. :(

But I am glad you kept your smile. *looks at her comment about traveling* :) *hugs*

Welcome Es and CS! :)

So, and now I am traveling back to the GSFF. ;) :D

2. es27340

es27340 Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    er... thanks.

3. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    hi everyone!!...from detroit, mich. can't wait for c3!!

4. Sykes

Sykes Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2000
    Hello everyone... from Irvine (the OC), CA. :)

5. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I'm from Chennai, India, is there anyone else here from India who has any idea where I can get the VCDs of the OT or TPM?

6. es27340

es27340 Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    Im from Moreno Valley, CA. It's all desert and it SUX!

7. Heru_Morna

Heru_Morna Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Mumbai, India. And ROTS doesnt release here on the 19th.

*grumble grumble*

8. durty_mynock

durty_mynock Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    hello! I'm from France (I know, it's not exactly in Asia or Africa, but I am sure there is some pleasant people that I'll be glad to discuss with on this thread)
    ROTS isn't released on 19th? so when?

9. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Not released on the 19th? :( We won't have it in cinemas as early as everyone else...that is if it ever gets to the cinems. ;)

Our cinemas work a bit differently. ;)

Kyp about the VCDs in India...I'm not sure wher you can get them exactly but in Sri Lanka we have a local company called Maharajahs that imports the originals and we are able to buy them. That's how I bought the TPM VCD.

My AOTC DVD came from Singapore...

I hope there's a way for you to get the VCDs/DVDs. What with th relrelease of the OT, they ought to be available. :D

And to all of you, let me extend a warm welcome from all of us in Asia!
    If any of you are in the Asia/Africa region and don't belong to a Fan Force chapter, yo're more than welcome to join us here. Forgive my late response...real life has been a killer lately. :p

10. neo_bulat

neo_bulat Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia....
    First Show on May 18... 11.15 pm
    Can't sleep till then.. *lol*

11. Heru_Morna

Heru_Morna Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    It got released on the 20th here in India. Though, I could only make it on the 21st. But hey, atleast I caught the First Show :)

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, I am reading Arthur C Clarke's "Rendezvous With Rama". The acknowledgement reads:

"To Sri Lanka,

where I climbed the

stairway of the Gods"

Is it really that magnificent or is he just high on all the cheap pot available in the subcontinent?

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Wow, there are a lot of names here I don't know. I guess thats what happens
    when you disapear for a while. lol

Anyways...Whats up everyone?

Hows it going Pash? Been a little while since I said hey. lol :)

13. Quruli

Quruli Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I live in the U.A.E., but I'm from Pakistan :)

Star Wars released in cinemas in the U.A.E. on the 17th/18th, at midnight.

14. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Really, well thats cool. Well I'm just from New York.
    But I do have some money from U.A.E

15. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    starfish posted on 5/25/05 12:39pm
    Wow, there are a lot of names here I don't know. I guess thats what happens
    when you disapear for a while. lol
    [hr][/blockquote]

Join the club. :p Haven't been in here for a loooong time ...

16. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Hey, now theres a name I know. Whats up Xan...How are you? :)

17. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hey everyone... I didn't even know such a place existed... Lol I'm from S'pore btw.

*grabs coffee*

18. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Pete, I echo you... I haven't been here for a long time too. But it's so fun to see a lot of new people here! :)

Hi everyone! I'm not from the region, I'm from Sweden, but I used to live in Hong Kong (although I was born in Sweden) so I belong here a little at least. ;)

So, what did everyone think about RotS? I loved it... [face_love]

19. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I agree Nina, Its fun talking to new people.
    Especially when they are from the other side of the world. :D

You don't meet many people from Asia or Africa where I live in Northern New York.
    Though there is a kid from Kenya and a couple girls from Malaysia at
    my college.

20. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi gang!! :D

It's been a while for me, so I hope you are all well.

I'll also answer your question Nina, although it feels quite starnge because it seems like years ago now ;)
    I really like RotS, but it did take me a while to get used to it. I think I had too many ideas of my own about certain scenes, and the GL version didn't quite match my version, but now that I have my version out of my head, I can sit down and enjoy the film much more now.
    I think this year has been great for films so far, and looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory next week. Mmmmmmm, chocolate =P~ :p

Pash, I'm trying to work out who your icon is?? I need some help ;)

21. Cobblestone

Cobblestone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi! I know some of you, to everyone else: I'm Maja, I'm from sweden and I'm addicted to baking muffins :D

I have only seen RotS one time [face_shhh] I'm a bad sw-fan, I know, but somehow I just haven't seen it since the premier :eek:

I'm really looking forward to Charlie and the Chokolate Factory.. I live in a very small town, but we do have a cinema, so hopefully I'll get to see it soon :)

22. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Hey people! I'm new to this Africa/Asia thing, so I guess I'd better introduce myself. I'm currently living in Cairo, Egypt, and have been living here for about 8 years now...before coming here, I lived in Canada for about 6 years...but you'll never guess where I was born and grew up...Yugoslavia:D I'm serious. So now I have a triple nationality and can fluently speak 3 languages [face_dancing]

Anyways, I'd just like to say thanks to Jedi Humaira Blaine, or Pash, who's warmly welcomed me and invited me to participate a bit more in the Asia/Africa forum. She's a kind and friendly gal :)

I guess that's it, I hate introductions so I'm glad I got that over with. I'd really like to meet other poeple from my region that like Star Wars (if any exist), but even if I don't, it's really cool to see how people from all over the world are big fans of the movies.

See ya around yall...

23. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Aww, thank you for the kind words, aPPMaster. [face_blush] You are most welcome for the welcome ;) and please feel free to join the discussions and threads. :D

Interesting history I'd say. But the world is like that today isn't it? We are all exposed to such different cultures and enviorenments...its such a small world as they say.

I'm one of the exceptions coz the only places I see are my classes, work place or gardedn! [face_laugh] LOL! ;) But I hope to travel some day... [face_love]

Your life really sounds quite exciting. :D And speaking of Egypt, its one of the places on my list. I studies about Egyptian civilisations so it would be a fantastic place to visit. :cool:

24. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    "And speaking of Egypt, its one of the places on my list. I studies about Egyptian civilisations so it would be a fantastic place to visit."

It is actually, we get a lot of tourists here and there isn't a single person who comes to Egypt and goes home diappointed. Some of my old neighbours from Yugoslavia came here in the summer and they went home completely blown away by their experience here...they said it was the best time they ever had. So it's definetely a cool place to visit when you have the time and/or the money.

As for living here, well that's a bit of a different story...see when you live here, you totally forget about the pyramids and the ancient temples and all that...cuz you have your everyday life and the problems that come with it. I think 80% of Egyptians have never visited the pyramids or any of the tourist sites...and out of those 80% I think about 20% don't even know they exist! Me personally, I only went to the pyramids once when we first moved here to actually see the pyramids, but now the only time I go there is either if I have any business in the area or to go horseback riding, which they let you do in the desert beside the pyramids...it's pretty cool.

It's not a bad place to live generally, but only when you get used to it...which could take years depending on where you come from. The most thing I like about it is when we go driving through the desert sometimes it makes you feel like you're on Tatooine :D All it's missing is some sandcrawlers and tusken raiders and we'd be all set.

Hey I got an idea, why doesn't everyone tell what Star Wars location their home reminds them of...that would be cool. I put dibs on Tatooine :D

25. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, this place always seems to come alive again and again. lol :)

Greetings Appmaster. Cairo hey? That would be a cool place to visit.
    The horse back riding next to the great pyramids sounds Sweet. :cool:
    Where abouts in Canada did you live. I'm only about 20 miles away
    from the border here in New York. Very snowy and cold in the winter and very
    green in the summer. Also lots of Mountains.
    I guess it could be kind of like Alderaan, I'm not sure. :p
    Cool idea. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.