~*~*The Social Thread-Asia/Africa edition-All are welcome*~*~

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Has Natalie gone back to tht bob hair cut she wore when she was younger...wasn't in that movie called The proffessional?

Dress? Matt, where was the dress? 8-} If you're refering to the one I think you are refering to...there wasn't much left to the imagination. [face_shocked]

*covers eyes* [face_laugh]

Xan...phew...temperature soard there...who is that? Looks like a cross between Hayden Christensen and Ian Somerhalder. And someone else thrown in too. ;)

Erm, did I just confuse everyone? 8-}

Grimby...Kirsten Dunst too? Must be after her last movie with Julia Roberts...short hair. Wait she had short hair in this film called Crazy/Beautiful.

2. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That film was called Leon over here, and I think her new haircut is sort of simular to that but it was hard to tell exactly because her hair was all curled around the sides and back, but it would be safe to assume so.

'Dress? Matt, where was the dress? If you're refering to the one I think you are refering to...there wasn't much left to the imagination.'

lol, yep I think we're talking about the same one there. I was quite surprised she wore it because she always comes across as the sensible and well restrained type, but guess I was wrong :p
    I actually saw at the London premiere of Episode One and she looked stunning :D

And you ddin't confuss me too much pash but who's Ian Somerhalder?
  3. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have no idea who Ian Whatshisname is, but that's Drew Fuller. [face_love]
    New guy on Charmed ... lol, more incentive to watch that series (not that I'm saying I'd watch it just because of him, I think it's a cool show. *cough*)

Ugh ... I don't see why they like that bob look. It looks like something from anime. [face_plain]
  4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I believe at the London Premiere of TPM she wore a white dress, yes? :confused: Hmm...if I remember right....or was it silvery white... ;)
    I dunno about the short hairdo though...must check it out...any pics, Matt?

Ian Somerhalder is a former model who acted in this series (short-lived I think) called Young Americans. I saw the ads for it in a British Mag but we never saw the show here.

He also acted alongside Hayden Christensen in Life as a House. He played the guy who was trying to get Hayden to practically prostitute himself. And he was also the girls's steady boyfriend...or somink like that.

Xan, I think it's a pretty decent incentive myself, so don't feel bad. *couch* [face_laugh]

I'm missing my Gilmore Girls episodes here :( ...I wish I could see season 4 sometime soon. :(

Okay, here's Ian... [face_mischief] He's the guy at the right hand side of the pic ad he's wearing a sleeveless shirt. Well, I'll bet you can tell from that model look. ;)

[image=http://www.iansomerhalder.net/castk.jpg]

He's a bit Tom Wellingish...but Tom's more innocent, me thinks. ;)
  5. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    He also acted alongside Hayden Christensen in Life as a House.

I know who you are talking about. Yes he gets Hayden to do some work which was basically getting him to prostitute himself to another man so that Hayden could pay for these drugs. The man turned out to be the neighbour to Hayden's dad which was causing him alot of trouble.....shall I say blackmail is a good thing ;)
  6. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    That's my girl, Jean! :D

Actually his character is really devious and hard to like...but Ian, in general is quite a looker. Not my type, but good incentive...as Xan would say. [face_laugh]

Wait a sec...the guy that Hayden's character was about to prostitute himself to was the neightbour...did I catch that when I watched it? I'm not too sure. :confused: Hmm...
  7. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol devious is not the word he's with this girl and sleeps with her mother! :p

Yep the neighbour who was always complaining about the dad's house, he was the one that Hayden was prostituting himself to. Which was why the guy in the end left his dad alone because Hayden had something over him ;)
  8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Terrible fellow... [face_shocked] I was so stunned at that particular stunt...he's such a cutie though...guess that's why he's a model...he has the look..

LOL, trust our Hayden to get his revenge. That was what that joke was right? The one he cracked while on the roof and Ian's character didn't get it? ;)

LOL! [face_laugh]
  9. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    He definatly is lovely [face_love]

Yep that was the joke I think, I will have to watch it again to make sure though just for refferance purposes of course ;)
  10. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I haven't seen Life as House so I'm lost there I'm afraid :p

He does look a bit like Tom Welling though, maybe he could play Superman's evil twin, hey pash? ;)

'I believe at the London Premiere of TPM she wore a white dress, yes?'

Her dress was a mix of white and turquoise and was really elegant. Much better then that other dress :p
    Here's a piccy TPM London Premiere

And I've found a picture of her new hair-cut, hopefully this'll work: Nat's new hair-do

What's your verdict on this one pash? ;)
  11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    for refferance purposes of course

Erm yeah, I believe you! 8-} Anyways, give the screen a good stare for me too! [face_laugh]

The TPM pics couldn't be accessed Matt. :( Dunno why...some error, or no permission or somink like that. :confused:

Matt, aren't you resourceful? ;)

The hair isn't too bad but the whole look is a bit too strong...if her complexion was darker that make up would have looked better. Somehow I think she shouldn't wear very heavy make up...leave that to us South Asian girlies! ;)

hat's my opinion...she's a pretty girl...I wish she wouldn't do so much to herself. Now in AOTC she looks lovely. :)

Life as a house is a good film...tear jerking an all that. :_|

Tom Welling's evil twin [face_devil]. I could be his wierd sidekick...LOL! [face_laugh] Gosh...what would they call me? [face_laugh]

And I'm a Dark Lady...so being bad is what I'm good at. ;)

12. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I agree with you Pash

The make up is way to strong....ok she's not exaclty white like me but her skin is too pale for that colour make up [face_shocked]

She really needed to tone it down, it hurt my eyes :p
  13. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hmm.. I think more neutral tones for her make up would have been ideal, no Jean? All those lovely pale colours and lip glosses. Gosh there's so much that she can wear.

If she was going with the bold lip colour look, the rest of the colour should have been more muted or subdued because the lippy was so dark.

Eeps, sorry Matt...that's an opinion from the girlies. ;)
  14. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well depends on what you mean natural for someone as white as me you would want purples, pinks etc......I think for her browns suit her more but not real dark.

Like the colours used on EPII they were good shades for her.
  15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yaaa, Jean...gotcha on that. The neutrals used in AOTC suited her complexion well. :cool:

I understand...what's nude lipcolour for you maybe more pink based...for me it's more goldy/bronze based...coz my skin colours different.

Plus...isn't her hair awfully dark in that pic? I thought it was a bit lighter thatn that? Is it the make up and the look that makes her hair look darker? :confused:

Edit:-

Matt? Where are you? We are disecting this topic... ;)

Uh oh...I just got a call for din dins... (that's dinner ;))
  16. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol

yeah her hair was rather dark, normally it's just brown and sometimes dyed red but that was DARK almost black :p

lol we say din dins here ;)
  17. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I know nothing about makeup, despite being a girl. :p Can't stand that stuff ...

Yeah, that's the do I saw. It actually looks better in the pic than it did on the show (can't remember the name of it). But yeah, her makeup's not good, it makes her look ... old.
  18. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol and she's only a couple of months older than me! :p

I don't wear make up often, only if I am feeling down do I really wear it. Normally for me it's moisturiser and lip balm and thats it :p
  19. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Xan you said the pic looks better than what she looked like live? [face_shocked] Yikes! [face_shocked]

Hmm, so I'm the make up wearing one here. ;) I guess it's the fact that in our culture we wear make up...especially eye make up. Gosh we wear quite a bit on our eyes...esp liquid liner and kajal pencil. :D [face_love]

But that's the way it's always been and it looks normal on us. :) I love my eye makeup...and lippy. :D I'm a real girlie girl that way. ;) [face_love]

But one thing I cannot wear is foundations... *shakes head* I just slap on some pressed powder to blot the shine and that's it, thanks. 8-}

20. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    'Matt? Where are you? We are disecting this topic... '

[face_laugh] And to think this all started by me posting one picture ;)
    I had to go out but was a worth while trip because I bought some books on Fantasy and Horses :D

I'm no expert but I do agree I feel her make-up in that piccy looks slighty out-of-place. It's a safe bet that she's dyed her hair black, and dare I say it she looks a bit like Kelly Osborne (only a very samll bit mind) :eek: :p

I agree with you though J, her make-up in AOTC was lovely :D

'Eeps, sorry Matt...that's an opinion from the girlies'

Nah, don't worry pash, I agree with you all on this matter. And besides, Keira is my fav ;)
    I wont do a link for this page, but here are some pics of the TPM premiere, and if I may say so this was Nat at her best:

http://www.natalieportman.com/npcom.php?page_number=548
  21. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol I wear make up just not everyday....although I seem to wear it everytime I go uni :p

Pash, is it just a Sri Lanka thing? I only ask coz my friend wears alot of eye make up also but she was half Pakistani and half Indian, but she lived with her mum who was Indian.
  22. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh went to the bookstore? One of my favourite places to go. [face_love] My friends usually drag me out of them, literally! 8-}I love music shops and Bookshops...oh and the video store. ;)

Yay, Matt has chosen wisely! ;) :D And Kiera's your fave? Great! I think she's cool...to be honest, I have never really been a Portman fan... ;) But that's just me. 8-}

Hmm, let me check out these pics. [face_mischief]

Jean...the eye makeup thing is an Indian thing and I suppose a Pakistani thing too...It's a cultural thing. We tend to wear alot on our eyes.
    Of course, I love dolling up coz it means smokey eyes and liquid liner and the works. :D [face_love] And for ethnic wear I wear a bindi on my forehead. :)

You should see the jewellary at family weddings! Gh all the aunts and grans are decked in it. [face_shocked] But it's the way Indians and Sri Lankan Tamils dress. Since we are originally of Indian background...it's a cultural thing.

23. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sounds alot like my friend....although she is only Indian when it suits her :p

I wish I could do smoky eyes, it doesn't suit me :_|

I wanna see a pic now those weddings sound much more interesting than our boring weddings :p
  24. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    [face_laugh]

Well, it's fun to dress up...but usually if I'm going out, I y'know...powder my nose ( ;) well more like blot the shine) and put on some lippy and kajal... :)

Hmm, I dunno if my pics can be posted...plus what I have is low resolution. :( But let me post a pic of a traditional Indian outfit and the makeup to go. :)

However, since I'm a Christian...we dress in the cultural way but we marry in a church...so some other indian customs are not followed. ;)

*goes pic hunting*
  25. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol sorry to be a pain :p

Not one member of my family has been married in a church so I guess for me it really should be something new :p

I would say Scottish tradition of getting VERY drunk would follow but they are all mormons so don't drink.

Just curious what sorts of foods do you eat like as a normal meal?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.