main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY The social thread for those NOT going to celebration!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Samantha, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    WEEHHEEE!!! We all get to stay home while LS, MS, Obiwill, And tons of other SWNYC members go to Celebration!!

I wanna go....

stupid being poor.

stupid not having money
    *Goes to mail box*
    *Opens birthday card*
    I take that back, i have money now!!!

Just not enough :(

So how is everyone doing on this rainy thursday?

Vl how r u?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well... I'm not going to Celebration and I posted on the other ticket thread that tix go on sale tomorrow at 11 am at AMC Empire 25. So that's a good birthday present... right? :)

And I'll be dropping off blankets this weekend at the line.

And the rainy Thursday sucks, but the not having to fly in this weather sucks less... :)

3. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Great tickets going on sale and celebration all on my birthday.. *sigh*

Doesnt matter anyway..I dont need anymore tickets.. the one i have for doing NYline will do fine. My friends and i are going to see AOTC later that night :) and then friday night im going with my family & brothers girlfriend and maybe Will will come too :)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Are we the only cool people not going to Celebration? :)

Who's Will?

5. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Obiwill

COME ON PEOPLES ITS ALMOST 12PM WAKE UP!

6. thechairguy

thechairguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    I am pretty darn cool, cool as November, in fact, but also not going to the Celebration. My wallet is still healing from last year's Star Wars Weekends ad Disney World. And I don't get birthday money until 5/24...

7. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    hey man, I'm as cool as they come...well sorta :) I'm even wearing my "Shaft" black leather trench coat today to prove it.

"He's one bad mutha...shut your mouth" :D

Anyway, I'm not going to Celebration either but I'll be by the line on Sat. just to say "wasssuuuppp".

And rainy thursdays SUCK!!! but at least I get paid tomorrow...woohoo!!! :)

8. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Man, I don't get birthday money anymore at all. I think we'll all have fun on the line anyhow. See you all there.

Mike C.

;)

9. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I really want a Jorg Sacul figure. Damn you Celebration II!!!!!

10. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    I'm with you on that one BobaPhil, that would really be something cool to have.

11. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    I think they should at least make the special figure available at the fan club's website. I've been a fan forever and have spent a lot of money on Star Wars stuff in my lifetime, and so I think all loyal fans should be able to get a Jorg Sacul figure. I'm not going to give up because you can find and buy almost anything on EBAY.

12. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I know I'll probably be spending mucho dinero on Ebay for the C2 figure.

Sucks I m not going, but at least theres the line.

We should do our own version of C2?

Whos with me

:D

CJ

13. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    count me in CJ

:D

14. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Well I'm not going to celebration II either,but I really don't care.This rain really BITES,at least I'm in the office today & not walking around in this :) .Me & venom will see you guys Sat. on the line,see how much my brother & I are fans were not even going to the Zig to see the movie(gives Venom the finger for going to the private screening the 12th lol :D ),but you guys all make it worth it.

15. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    AGH I'M STILL SICK THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

okay, i'm fine now. :D

we'll be at c3, sam, don't you worry. ;) and i guess my line time this weekend is gonna be dependent on how soon i feel better, especially after overnighting at the zieg tonight.

um 13 days!!!!!! :D :D :D

16. SioBibblesLovechild

SioBibblesLovechild Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Well first let me start out by wishing you a Happy Birthday Samantha!

Now for my rant...
    Why of all the places on The Maker's green earth did they pick Indiana for Celebration II.
    I am really disapointed that I won't be there to buy the exlusive figure, to meet the cast and most importantly I'll be missing the sage words of Mr. Rick "This is Fu**ing awesome" McCallum.

Here's hoping that when Celebration III comes around the powers that be chose a location closer to New York City for those of us who are finacially challenged.

17. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    You can get the figure on ebay, but it'll cost you around $100.

I'm in the fan club and hope and pray it will become available after the celebration II is over. Its come out that they will NOT be selling the figs after the celebration, but I'll be forever hopefull. After all, why am I a fan club memember if I don't get any perks?

18. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Well I'm not going either. I wish I was though. :( But hopefully I get to be happy tomorrow with AotC tickets secured. :) OH did I mention I couldn't do the line either? :(

Hey maybe we should start saving $$ for Celebration III? ;)

19. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Ahh thank you thank you SBC!!! I shall be turning the big 1-9 tomorrow!

VL- Eeeekkk still sick?! Im getting better. Im not doing my shift today since its raining and sitting out in the rain is gonna make me sicker.... so i'll wait until saturday.

Plus!!!!! i have no finals to take on final week! So starting the 8th i'll be on the line everyday!(Excpet sunday)

Where am i getting all this money to ride the train?! Oh wait...nevermind.. birthday money... :)

I think we should have our own celebration here!!! Margarita's all around! :)

HAHAHA!

Edit:
    If we start saving $10.00 a week for C3...we'll all have plenty of money to go then!!!!!

20. SioBibblesLovechild

SioBibblesLovechild Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    I think that if we were really to have our own Celebration 2 we would need celebrity guests. The only problem is that all the biggies will be at Celebration 2 and even the more obscure actors with small parts are still fan favorites so they'll either be at the Hudson Valley Expo or celebration.
    That said I think we should assemble a panel of obscure Star Wars actors that no one really cares about.
    I nominate Kitster from Episode I.

21. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    lol!

and yeah, i'm still sick. it's really starting to piss me off, because i ended up calling in sick to work all this week too, which means i'll end up not getting paid for three weeks straight. [face_shocked] and if you're not taking any exams, wanna take a few of mine? ;)

22. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey hey! My exam week is over tomorrow (Math)and I should have some more time to get on the line. Yay.
    Really sucks not being able to go to CII. So what is this talk about our own celebration? How about dressing up as celebrity actors? Anyone want to dress up as McCallum?

And SioBib Here's hoping that when Celebration III comes around the powers that be chose New York City for those of us who are really really finacially challenged :)

23. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    ahhh... it would rock if c3 was in new york! ::drools::

24. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    If we want C3 to be in NYC we gotta put that energy and mojo out into the cosmos baby. I say we start getting every Star Wars fan in the greater NYC Metro Area writing letters to LucasFilm LTD right away.

Party on.

;)

Mike C.

25. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Cyrano

Agreed

we should all start a letter writing campaign to bring C3 to the Big Apple.

CJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.