main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    The ambiance alone is a reason for me. Nothing can compare to the screaming and clapping of fans, as the green Lucasfilm glitters on the screen and you here the Star Wars Fanfare. Awesome!!!

I am a bit worried, since KOTCS...But we will see.

Any news on C5 would be nice about now...lol.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Try putting aside any expectations you might have for Indy 4 and just enjoy it for the fun Saturday matinée, popcorn flick it is. It's not brain surgery, it's just an old-fashioned adventure film.

3. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Oh, I agree!

I'm hoping that fans get over the fact that it's not a "real movie" - this is the argument I've been hearing against the Clone Wars movie. I think a lot of people view it as simply a TV pilot put onto the big screen. I'd love to see a decent-sized crowd for the midnight showing. :)

4. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Well...You can count me in on a midnight showing. I will never miss an opening Star Wars anything...lol. I was 5 months pregnant, high risk and contracting...and I showed up for the midnight showing of Episode 3...lol.

FOR ME IT IS STAR WARS OR BUST!!!!

Clone Wars looks great. Love the way the characters look, but would like it more if the original characters loaned their voices. At least for this first full-length movie...persay. But, cant have everything...so guess I will take what I can get.

Hugs to all!!!

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Hey Justin. If you haven't already, check out the Legos Indian Jones game. I got it for my son the day it came out and we've been having a lot of fun with it. There are a lot of little Star Wars easter eggs in it... some pretty funny ones too. If you enjoyed the sense of humor with the Star Wars Legos games, you won't be dissapointed in this one. They did an excellent job.

--Brian

6. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Funny you should mention Lego IJ, Brian. I just found the official Prima Guide for the game at my local TRU (I could not find it anywhere on release day last Tuesday). My wife and I are HUGE Lego SW fans (we own all 3 versions), and we cannot wait to dive into Lego IJ.

Thanks!

- Justin

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Those are great games. I origianlly had the version for PS2, both the original and new trilogy. Then got the PS3 version. These were for my son but we both had a great time with them. He's loving the Indy one right now. It's a lot of fun. That Star Wars references are hilarious.

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    We have the PT and OT Lego SW games for the PS2. We bought the Complete Saga edition for the PS3 a while back (got it for half price at the time - under $30), but we do not yet have a PS3. I've been holding out on getting one (preferably the 80GB model) until I purchased a new LCD for upstairs.

With our stimulus checks, we are gonna get a new 40" LCD, and then pick up a PS3.

- Justin

9. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    [gloat] I am going to Disney's Star Wars Weekends with my stimulus check! [/gloat]

[face_dancing] I leave tomorrow and will marching in two parades! [face_dancing]

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Congrats Lufta! :)

- Justin

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That's great, Lufta - have fun!

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    On a much, much sadder note, I'm sure you've all read the story about the great Stan Winston's passing.

A true mastermind of the cinematic world. He will be missed dearly. :(

- Justin

13. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Lufta...

I am soo jealous. I am saving my bucks for C5, so not BIG trips for us this year. Hope you have fun and take some pics for us.

Hugs!!!

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

Anyone seen George Lucas in Love? Heard it's pretty funny. Wanted to pick up the DVD but it's over $30 and it's only a 15 minute movie.

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    It's funny, kinda silly. I have a copy "just because." Definitely a Netflix thing, don't know that I'd shell out the bucks for it.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I found someone at work who's got a copy I can borrow.

17. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    They have it on netflix? WOW...Guess I will be changing my queue.

Thanks Val!!!!

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Unfortunately I don't think it's available on Netflix, but it's definitely that kind of movie LOL.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm sure YouTube has most (if not all) of the film clips available for viewing.

Check 'em out.

- Justin

20. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    I'm baaaack!

WOW! It was incredible! I had to hold back tears of joy when I turned the first corner out of the gates in full Jedi costume and saw the crowd! Thousands of screaming fans! What a wonderful experience!

Here is a link to some of my photos I took when I was a parade spectator on June 22nd, 27th, and 28th. I am still looking for photos of ME in the parade around the internet. Enjoy!

Star Wars Weekends

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Wonderful, glad you had fun!

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Awesome pics, Lufta! I just gotta make it down there one year and see this amazing attraction.

If we get back to the 3 years in between Celebrations, I will definitely be able to go.

23. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Lufta...

Those are some awesome pics. I am jealous...soooo very jealous...lol.

Can't wait for a few more years, when my littlest one is 3, then we plan to go and visit.

Glad you had fun!!!

24. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Here I am! I am the Jedi in the middle of the photo. :D

[image=http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/luftashif/318609781_dsc_5983.jpg]

25. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Lufta...

You look so el' natural, kinda makes ya wish that we really could use those lightsabers...lol.

How did you get in the parade? Tell us...hehe

Hugs!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.