main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    I am a member of the Rebel Legion. Disney asked the Florida 501st Garrison to march in the parade and they, in turn, invited Rebel Legion members. You had to sign up in advance and be on an offical list. I started working on making this all a reality back in January. Yes, it was a lot of effort and expense, but it was so worth it - a dream come true!

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    You look great in the picture, Lufta!

I am also in the Rebel Legion and had planned on going, but I had too many things going on and had to cancel the plans. If there is not a Celebration in 2009, that would make next year more likely for a try at SWW for me. But I'll be at DragonCon this year, and they do have a short parade. :)

3. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Thanks! [face_blush]

Hope you can make to SWW next year. It is sooooo much fun!

I have never been to D*C, but I hope to someday. I hear the parade there is a blast! Have fun!

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    So who's planning on going to TCW Midnight Madness at TRU?

My wife and I will be at the Times Square festivities in NYC.

Midnight Madness is back -- can't wait!!

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    You guys have to check this out. I'm still laughing.

http://www.neatorama.com/2008/07/04/jedi-gym/

6. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Ok, and now for something completely different...

How many of you own (or want to own) an iRobot Roomba vacuum. I have a new one and love it!

It is black and grey and I have named it "Vader the Vacuum".

(Yes, this is a lame post - I guess I'm embarrassed at having only two stars after posting/lurking here for eight years! 8-} )

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I know someone who is gonna get one soon, but I don't have one of the little puppies myself. They look pretty neat :).

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I was thinking about getting one of those as well. The only negative I've heard is that they fill up pretty quickly, especially if you have pets. So while it roams around on it's own, it doesn't do much good after 20 minutes or so unless you clean it out... and I heard the batteries don't last terribly long. I'd be really interested to know how it works out for you.

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I ditto Grumpy here...How good is it?

10. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    It is true you have to clean the Roomba vaccum's brushes out frequently - and I do with three cats - but it still is a huge time saver! (Actually, you save no time at all when you first get a Roomba since you just stare and marvel at the thing! [face_hypnotized])

The secret to the pet hair hassle is to start with a clean floor and use Roomba for daily upkeep. When I have not used the Roomba for awhile a regular vaccum cleaning is in order. Yes, you cannot really get rid of your other traditional vacuum, but you will definately use it less - especially if you have lots-o-pets like me. [face_dancing]

Get the lastest model. I got mine at Costco, but other places carry them. Beware that I saw a few locally in other stores that were not the latest models. Steer clear of those. [face_shame_on_you] They are constantly improving them.

The only bug I find in mine is in my hallway where I have a area carpet on wood. The vacuum does not like the dark blocks in the area rug (It thinks it is a cliff and will not vaccum them.) Other dark area rugs around the house are fine. The rest of my hosue is wall-to-wall or tile and the Roomba handles them all. OK, here is the Star Wars tie-in: It even has an Artoo-like "uh-oh" beep sound when it gets stuck - which is a rare. :D

11. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    LMBO...

Lufta, that sounds hilarious, the cliff and sounds.

I may have to go get one now. But, I may paint mine...lol, so it appears to be an R2D2 dome, floating over the carpet...lol.

I had to laugh at your description...lol.

Still getting over it!!!

Thanks for the report!

12. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    You are welcome. :D Sorry for the typo. I meant to say "which is a rare thing". Vader the Vacuum (my Roomba) actually has no problems adjusting itself to bare wood floors, tile, wall-to-wall, or area rugs. In a word: awesome! =D=

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Our good buddy Dan Curto over on the RS site just updated it with the Hasbro Clone Wars Handbook and 2008 Fall Checklist.

All of their upcoming SW product is listed in these two guides.

Check 'em out! HASBRO

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Awesome Justin...Thanks a million.

I am so far behind from my trip, still reading alot of Star Wars updates. I need to re-do my speed reading course...lol.

Hugs!!!

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Most welcome, Connie. :)

Man, Hasbro is gonna own my wallet this year. This is very awkward for me to say, but thank goodness there is no US Celebration to attend this year!

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Just read an article about Clone Wars. The people who've seen it say it's REALLY good and much like the originally trilogy. Has me looking forward to it again. I am sick to death of the Clone Wars era, but I guess I'll take what I can get.

17. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, I've read that, too. That does bode well.

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I cannot wait!!!!

This should cover my Celebrations Fix until the day after. Then I will continue with the shakes and therapy. My therapist is quite happy with my progress. He says at least I am not making that annoying AT-AT thromping sound anymore...lol

That would be funny...what would your Celebration therapist say about you? lol

19. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    My dismissive actions regarding my concerns surrounding Celebration 5 (where it will be, when it will be held, who will be there, etc. etc.) are an effort to convince others (and myself) that the event means less to me than it really does. In actuality, I place more emphasis on this geeky social gathering than is considered "normal". ;)

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Updated list of life's true essentials:

Food
    Water
    Shelter
    Clothing
    Celebrations

'Nuff said. ;)

21. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    [face_laugh] Great one Justin...had me rolling with that one.

I am in need of some major therapy right now. Clones cannot come fast enough. Need to hear the fanfare and see those gorgeous green lights...<sighing>

Where is Dr. Phil when you need him? lol

22. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Just saw Batman the other night. Not going to spoil anything here but I'm curious as to your thoughts about this movie. Personally, I don't think it came remotely close to the hype it's gotten. Having said that, it's a really good movie... it just falls terribly short of the pedestal it seems to have been placed on. Ledgers performance was somewhat remarkable though

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey Bri - got a question for you.

We've been playing the new LEGO Indy game for a few weeks now. Did you notice that the college is referred to as Barnett College in the game, and not Marshall College like in the films?

Strange huh?

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, I did notice that... dunno... I think my son finished the game. He didn't go back and do all the goodies though. He's been a little overwhelmed with games lately.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I wonder if there was some legal issue about using the Marshall College name in the video game. Oh well...

LOL - my wife and I were playing it and got to the part where you discover Luke hanging upside down in the Wampa cave behind the wall of ice. She immediately spotted it and tried her hardest to free him, but alas we had to come back in Free Play mode to do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.