main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    The Star Wars refrences are hillarious. Other then that one and the Threepio head, have you found any others?

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I know about playing as Han as a secret character. But I'm not sure if you have to "find" him or just collect enough LEGO studs to purchase him at the Barnett Library.

Guess I'll have to consult the old Prima Guide for that answer.

3. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Just snagged my tickets for TCW on Friday morning!!!

My theater FINALLY released the tickets for pre-order (after weeks of me calling them about it)!

The wait is finally over!!

[image=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/images/smilies/boogie.gif]

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin...

Not going to the midnight showing? No, not Justin...lol

Hugs!!!

5. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of midnight showings. I'm up every day at 5:30am, so I am much more of a morning person than a night person.

The last midnight showing I went to was for Terminator 2 back in 1991, and I was fighting myself to remain awake, even with an action-packed film like T2.

For me, I'd much rather continue my SW tradition of taking off from work on the first official day of the film and catching the first morning showing in the theater. Dianna and I did that for all three PT films and the SE releases back in '97.

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I've gotta agree with you there Justin. It's exciting, but I'm getting older and it's just not worth it to me anymore. I'm not in any big rush to see Clone Wars. Oh I'll see it in the next week or so, but I've got other stuff going on. Friday I've got a co-workers retirement dinner and then Saturday I'm taking my son to get his first guitar and then he and I are going to his 1st football game. I've had season tickets for years but now he's showing an interest so to me that's more important then a cartoon.

7. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I will be going to the midnight showing of Clone Wars here in Houston.

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I think the excitement level is still there for the midnight showings. But more important to me is that I want to experience a SW film in the best "mood" possible. For me, that's a morning showing on opening day after a good night's sleep and a nice breakfast. I'm wide awake and ready to go! :)

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok, so what are everyones reactions to the Clone Wars?

I will hold back my opinion, so as to let others chime in first.

Hugs!!!

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Without going into a detailed spoiler-filled, over-analyzed review, my CW experience can be summed up in two words:

LOVED IT!! :)

11. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Seriously? I've been hearing horrible things about it since it came out. The early reviews (couple weeks ago) were all great but now it's been nothing but one bad review after another. I've heard it's only for kids and that Jaba's son actually makes Jar Jar enjoyable. I started to lose interest in this movie but now I might have to check it out. You've peeked my curiosity.

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Obey Wann from the Rocky Mountain FF sums it up pretty well, in his review. This is also close to the reaction I've gotten from a lot of my friends who have seen it:

"Actually, I loved it. I liked the other cartoon more than any of the prequels, and I'd say that I liked this as much or more than the other cartoon. Why? it was fun. Campy. A metric-butt-ton of action. devil Fantastic lightsaber fights, great clone action, good space scenes --pretty much everything the PT lacked. And at least this was 100% CGI vs 50-75% CGI with bad acting, bad directing and bad writing.

This was a great flick to bring out the kid in me and enjoy some good old fighting and mayhem. Yes, it had some plot holes, and I thought Ziro was a zero --more bad accents and such, but all in all, it worked for me. And the kidses will love it. And IIRC, SW, the original ANH that we all saw when we were kids, didn't take itself too seriously. This has that same sort of wonder and fun that ANH and ESB had."

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I think alot of the negative reviews have been coming from people who hated the PT. Everybody compares any new SW-related show/film to the OT, which is simply not possible IMO.

For me, TCW is an excellent method to continuing the SW legacy. I loved the film from start to finish. Yes there are some moments/characters in the film that make you scratch your head. But that was the case with the PT as well, and they did not weigh heavily in my review of them either.

Again, this is all my personal opinion, and I am in no way trying to sway anybody's own review.

I feel extremely confident that the future of SW is in very capable hands with Dave Filoni and his crew.

4/5 stars for me.

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'll have to check it out. Guess I'm just looking for something new. I'm kinda sick of the whole "clone war" era. I would have liked to have seen something taking place after Sith or WAY before it... the formatin of the Jedi counsel or something like that. There's a story there.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    That's the beauty of this whole new animation style. GL and crew can delve into any time frame of the SW universe, explored or not explored.

He is not bound by the limitations and constraints that live-action films present.

If this method of delivering SW to us is widely accepted by fans, we just might someday see animated episodes based on the events you describe.

And from what I've seen so far in TCW, my fingers are tightly crossed that this is the case.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm trying to find a teaser trailer for I believe Attack of the Clones. I only saw it once and it was bad quality. It was the first time we saw Yoda pull out his saber... I believe the clip I saw was shown at a convention. If memory serves, they poked fun at Spider-Man, referring to the summer and something about a web. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Have you looked on the extras disk for ATOC? I know they put teasers there, though I don't know if all of them are there.

I'm not sure what you're looking for with Spiderman. Both ATOC and Spiderman came out at the beginning of the summer movie season in 2002. After Sept 11, whatever movie studio that made it had to pull an early Spiderman teaser that showed Spidey making a web between the World Trade Center Towers to stop a helicopter. They said that this was never meant to be in the movie, just for previews, but I do wonder.

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Found it. Thanks. It was actually listed as a TV Spot althought this particular clip was shown at a convention. As much as I love the SW films, I haven't spent a lot of time with the extras. Thanks again.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    So who's gonna be buying the new SW two-trilogy DVD boxed sets on Nov. 4th?

There's been quite stir among fans who have been waiting for the ultimate Saga DVD boxed set, and of course the BD release. But instead, have gotten another re-pack release.

I'll be getting them for sure! :)

20. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Are you kidding me? Another re-release? Are there additional features? If it's just new packaging...that's pathetic.

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Upcoming
    Two new box sets called 'Star Wars Prequel Trilogy' and 'Star Wars Trilogy'. Each set shall compile the DVD's from the prequel trilogy (released from 2001-2005) and the original trilogy (released in 2006) respectively. They will have no new special features that haven't already been released. Both are to be released on November 4, 2008.[1]
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars - to be released November 18, 2008
    Eric Walker's announced DVD of his documentary on the making of the Ewok films

Just very very sad... I can see getting these if there is new content but NOTHING but a new box for $40? I've got far more important things to spend my money on.

22. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I completely agree with you. This is just stupid. It's blatant disrespect to fans and I wish more fans would take a stand and finally say "I'm not going to buy the same thing over and over." Lucas is a tool and I truly hate him for what he has done to Star Wars fans, The people who made him a billionare. He ruined the prequels with his stubborness, he ruined Indiana Jones with his close minded, egotistical way of making movies and now he is just embarrassing himself by re re re re re re re releasing these movies again and again and again.

I haven't purchased anything Star Wars on over a year and I feel great. No toys, movies, statues, mini busts, posters, autographs, or replica lightsabers. I feel like a prisoner who is walking out of prison after 30 years of the same old thing day after day. The sun is shining people. Go spend your time and money on something else. Believe me, it's a release you will never again experience.

The laser discs, the VHS set, the special edition VHS set, the DVD original trilogy box set, the special edition box set, the individual DVD movies, the individual pre qual movies, the original unedited dvd movies, the blue ray movies, the purpel ray box set, the super duper nothing has changed, same 30 year old crap special golden, hairy, fuzzy, squeeky, light up, floating, growling, shaking, baking, falling, dropping, crying, pooping, wonderful edition.....with a special little cup of George Lucas' urine to cherish and worship forever.

I'm out!

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Dang!

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Part of my SW collection is obtaining all of the LD/VHS/DVD releases for their box/cover artwork.

Even with this release having nothing new to add in terms of the films/bonus material, it is a new packaging design that I will add to my collection.

25. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    While I personally do not buy DVDs with no new material, I don't see why anyone should be offended if LFL decides to rerelease the trilogies. There will always be someone who doesn't have them but wants them, and it is very irritating to go looking for a movie and being told it's out of print. Has anyone ever been ticked off because Back to the Future has been released more than once? Or maybe the Disney DVDs? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.