The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    if you haven't heard, the official news from Comic-Con in San Diego:
    There will be a Celebration V in 2010, but the exact location and dates are not known yet.
  2. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Didn't they specifically say summer 2010, or did I hear that wrong?
  3. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Yeah, Sansweet did say "summer 2010" but I suspect we shouldn't take that literally as in post-June 21. I'm thinking Memorial Day is still likely as it is very late next year (May 31).
  4. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I was hoping for more than that, as we all were. Looks like they are gonna draw it out as much as they can.
  5. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Steve told us specifically that it won't be on Memorial Day weekend, and that it won't conflict with any other major convention.
  6. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    I think the banner should have a phrase. I spy CV location. :p

Sorry I could not help.
  7. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't suppose they could combine a CV with any other major conventions? That would be a bit radical, but it would take care of some of their logistical problems..........and create new, more interesting ones.:p
  8. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Nothing to attach it to, really, Arden. And we do like our little emphasis on SW, to be sure.

On a side note -- had my visit to Rancho Obi-Wan on Friday. Just overwhelming, folks. Sorry, no pictures -- too busy chatting to take pictures! Anyway, you can see photos of Steve's main collection room all over the web. It's just breath-taking to see. And then there are the storerooms filled with items that haven't been put into a collection room yet. Like I told Anne, it would take a hundred years to get this all sorted out. I could die happy LOL. I wished I lived closer -- get the invite to come help out with cataloging some stuff! Alas, it's not a weekend trip for me, darn it. Anyway, it was super, super fun. So glad I'm a SW fan!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.