The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    When I go to San Francisco next month I'll march over to the new ILM campus and ask 'em what's up LOL. Seriously, I'm sure you're right, Grumpy, can't imagine they'd miss this chance. Bet we hear something definite at Comic-Con, if not sooner.
  2. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Have you checked out BR yet? It really is amazing. And when you consider Epiodes 2 and 3 were digital, I bet the transfer would be stunning.

3. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Amazon has had a Blu-Ray placeholder listing for the Saga for months.

Hopefully it is released soon.

- Justin
  4. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, I saw that sometime last year and thought it was interesting. Rumor has it Lucas was waiting for the format war to end. Now that it has, I'm sure it can't be long before we hear somethng. I'm wondering if he'll make additional changes. I'm fine with the saga being the way it is although I'd LOVE to see an all digital Yoda in TPM.
  5. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm fine with the way the Saga is now as well. But I had to laugh when loads of fans complained about the changes George made for the DVD release.

Fans were upset over some of the alterations done to the OT. Ummm, did they somehow forget that the second OT DVD boxed set also came with a DVD of each original theatrical release as well? You could pick & choose which version you wanted to watch - plain & simple. :rolleyes:

I could only imagine the uproar we would hear if George made anymore changes for the Saga's BR release.

- Justin
  6. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Eh, I don't really mind the changes. I mean no one is forcing you to buy a new version of the film if you really don't want it, ya know? The only change that bothered me (if I could use the word bothered here) was the Han/Greedo thing. It just didn't need to be messed with. I "UNDERSTAND" why he did it but would have rather liked to have seen that stay the way it was. The Yoda is TPM just looked bad... I mean really bad. Watch that and then pop in Clones and see the difference.
  7. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Watching the Blu-Ray release of the Saga on a 60" plasma in your dedicated home theater.

Does it get any better than that? Me thinks not. ;)

- Justin
  8. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I guess Rick said at JediCon all but CV will be in 09 in Chicago!
  9. Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    =D=
    [face_dancing]
    [face_flag]

I was still hoping for Minneapolis, but Chicago is nice!
  10. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Is this speculation, or did he actually state this?

- Justin
  11. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    Dustin over at RS is checking on it with Steve... :).

That would be great -- I'd love to fly to Chicago for a Celebration. Anywhere in the country's fine with me.

12. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Same here, Helen. Name the spot and I am there.

The $$$ that I would save flying to CHI instead of LA from here in NY would need to be put towards my hotel room instead. Have you seen the rates for the Hyatt at McCormick Place? The rooms go for $200-$500 per night!

Yikes. [face_worried]

Oh well, that's why you start saving those republic credits now (it you haven't already started).

- Justin
  13. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    I think Comic-Con rates are close to $200 a night at a few of the hotels. That's about the going rate anymore, it seems. I'm paying that for a hotel in San Francisco next month. Just the way things are. Hopefully convention rates will be a little less (but probably not much LOL).
  14. Amidala081499 Jedi Master

star 3
    WOW...Away for a few days and CV thoughts. Is this for real Chicago? That would be sweet. A small 6 hour drive for us. I would love Chicago, have not been there since I was a very young girl. Lots to do there and hotels a plenty. Not to mention awesome eating....yummo.

Getting excited...

Justin...lol...had to laugh at the republic credits comment. Since, with this tax return, we were finally able to dig out of that badge hole from C4...we are now saving for C5. If it is in Chicago, then airfare is not an expense, so we will have some extra funds for some extra goodies.

We will all have to get together one afternoon for lunch or something. Met Val at C4, she is a real sweetie...but Justin I gotta meet you and your wife. Did not get that chance at C4. You guys are our kind of people...lol. Plus, it would be wonderful to see everyone...since we talk on here all the time.

Oh, btw...happy belated easter!!!

Hugs!!!
  15. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, $200/night would seem reasonable. But $500/night? Jeez...

- Justin
  16. Amidala081499 Jedi Master

star 3
    Does anyone know where in Chicago the event may be held?

Also, I would not worry Justin, I doubt the prices will be that high. They know the pocketbooks of most Star Wars fans, so they will prolly want to meet those costs.

17. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Connie, the early chatter is that it might be held here:

http://www.mccormickplace.com/

I hope you're right about the room cost. It would be a tough (but necessary) pill to swallow.

- Justin
  18. Amidala081499 Jedi Master

star 3
    That place is superb...wowsa. Looks very nice, cross between Indy and LA.

Justin, you are on top of things...I love it...lol.

Happen to know if there are any skywalks to the Con from the hotel? I am going on a hotel investingation now. HEHEHE...Sorry, obsessed Star Wars fan here...lol.
  19. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    Yep, there is a skywalk.

The area isn't the best -- and you think getting food in LA is bad, wait until you get to MP. Just think "cabs to downtown." But since it's Celebration, it's all good :).

20. Amidala081499 Jedi Master

star 3
    Val is right. Food is expensive and so is transportation.

Being that I am prolly going to drive since it is only 6 hours away from me, I may be ok with picking a few up from Ohare. But, only if I know you. You guys know who you are.

But, other than the expensive food, the view is spectacular.

Val...I am eyeing a certain hotel right now. I wish I had some dates to solidify the dates...hehehehe.

Gosh I am getting sooooo excited now, and I just called the son in here and he is estatic...How fun!!!
  21. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Connie. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed tightly that this is in fact true for C5.

A more central location should appease most fans across the country, which would increase attendance and keep the Celebration experience rolling right along for everyone.

- Justin
  22. Amidala081499 Jedi Master

star 3
    YES YES YES....Justin...You got mail. hehehehe

Val, can you PM me your personal addy, so I can email you? If not, that is ok.

Back to researching....hehehe
  23. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chicago would be pretty sweet. Isn't it a central hub or at least one of the main central hubs? It's kind of right in the middle of everything and I've flown through there a few times. If any city is prepared for conventions, it's Chicago. Isn't it the Convention Capital of the US? I thought they had more conventions there then NY because of the cost.
  24. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So what are the rumors as to when this might take place?
  25. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Supposedly Steve Sansweet mentioned at Jedi-Con that C5 is "very, very, very" likely to happen in 2009.

And that Chicago is the current frontrunner to hold the con.

Dustin is checking the validity of these statements with Steve.

- Justin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.