main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Justin, thanks so much for your detailed notes! I appreciated the info on CV. I hope you don't mind, but I posted this information in the CV discussion thread on SW.com, too. :) We've been searching for more info, but the main boards are too darned quiet. :\

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Not a problem at all. The more fans who can benefit from it, the better. :)

Thanks for posting it!

- Justin

3. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Thanks! :) Gave credit to you and linked back to your original post, too!

And hey, I'll stay on topic while I'm at it. Been saving for CV ever since CIV ended as I figured there'd be another one. So I'm ready! If it's next spring, then so be it. Sucks that we have to wait until Fall for any sort of confirmation, though. I know that'll make quite a few people unhappy...

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey all, I just wanted to "brag" to everyone about our new FF shirts and Jerseys.
    [image=http://timeturners.org/images/SW/HA/baseballback.jpg]
    [image=http://timeturners.org/images/SW/HA/tshirtback.jpg]
    [image=http://timeturners.org/images/SW/HA/tshirtfront.jpg]

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin - This is a shout out to you. Thanks for the info. on the boards. Like you, I will not listen to any spoilers for Indy 4. I want to be amused!!! Anyone going to a Midnighter if they have them? I will NOT be...Unfortunately. Will be in the process of a live feed at the time. Oh drat...guess I will have to wait until the next day!!!

Echo is bragging...We need to throw him in the Rancor Pit...lol.

NICE Tee's...Very jealous of course.

I was actually working on a badge design for C5. Not too sure what to do. We are going to dismantle some of the old badges that did not go and try and come up with something, using the same stuff, just neater. I just hate having to undo that work, but oh well!!!

I was thinking it may be cool to make a light up lightsaber, that blinks...lol. But, depending on what we will be "Celebrating at Celebrations, is whats key, this time around...Hmmmm, Steve some answers would be nice!!!!

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Glad I could help out my fellow SW fans, Connie. Hopefully this is the start of me covering more SW-related panels and discussions at future NYCC events. I had a blast doing it for sure.

You can put me down right now for two of your C5 badges if you design them. Your CIV badges were AMAZING and are displayed proudly on one of our SW shelves. =D=

- Justin

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I dunno Dude.. she had such a hard time the last go around. Connie, didn't it end up getting way expensive cost you a lot in the end? I can't imagine you wanting to go through that again.

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    GJ, I'm not saying Connie must make badges for C5.

But if she does decide to do so, I'll be right there with my $$$ in hand ready to order two badges.

- Justin

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I know you were implying you'd be interested "IF" she was making them rather then saying she was planning on doing so. I'm just saying I can't see her putting herself through that again.

10. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Calm Down, Calm Down...heheheh

It will not cost as much this time around because we are just going to pull apart the ones we did not get rid of for C4, and re-use the materials.

I "AM" already working on it, the second the shiver went up my spine...hehehe.

I did get ALOT of compliments on them. But, the first time around they were very expensive because we had to hire a company named Triangle to do the circuit boards. This time around, we still have the boards and do not have to outsource. Plus, we are going to de-construct some of those older ones for parts...So, no biggie. Just this time, I will make less, and only by order, not by mouth.

AND...Dont worry...We loved doing it. Seeing you guys wearing them proudly at C4 was all worth the work. I was so stoked when the celebs saw them and liked them. Anthony Daniels was not on the original list, so I promised Him...that if he attends C5, I would give him one from C4 and a new one for C5, he seemed really excited over it.

Here are a pic of Peter Mayhew holding his Proudly...He loved it an asked for another one at the next Con (Did anyone see them wearing them on any other day?)

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/MewithPeterMayhew.jpg]

Sooo...I cant wait to see what NEW FANGLED thing we will come up with.

PLEASE STEVE MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF WHAT THE CELEBRATION WILL BE FOR!!!!!!

11. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Oh Sorry...

Justin - I know you are good for 2, so I will make sure to make ya a couple.

Grumpy - Don't worry about it, this time around will be different. Thanks for caring about me though...<smiling>

AND...

I already began working on a new Padme Costume. I have been making her burial dress and cloak, it is looking pretty neat. Just wished I could make her casket and have the family pushing me around in it. Would be good for me, less walking...lol.

Here are a few pics of the kids in their costumes:

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/IMG_1241.jpg]

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/IMG_1177.jpg]

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/IMG_1209.jpg]

They are pretty cute, but I am biased. The daughter was Leia, once in buns and once in Ewok costume, but her pics on not digital. I looked like a VERY prego Padme, since I was...lol, in my Padme Choking scene costume.

Enjoy!!!

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for all the info, Justin! I couldn't get on the web until this evening, so I seemed to have been missing in action the past few days. Everything is fine now LOL.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    You're very welcome, Helen. I plan on attending every NYCC from here on out, so hopefully this was the first in a long line of my LFL reports from NYCC. :)

- Justin

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Anyone catch the Star Wars Deal or No Deal last night?

I got it on my DVR...IF you missed it, PM me.

It was outta this world!!!

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I saw it and loved it. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but they did a great job with the SW theme.

And BTW, PM sent. :)

- Justin

16. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Yes, it was spectacular, and to see Carrie Fisher again, "brought warm feelings to my heart." lol

Justin...PM sent back!!!

Now...I got a question...In the new Star Wars insider, on page 15 I believe, there is a picture there. On the pic, which has a huge VECTOR sign on it....Anyhoo, in that pic, is that supposed to be Vader at Padme's crypt? and if so, why is she not in her funeral garb from EP.3. If it is not Padme, then who is it and what is her importancr? This has me perplexed...lol

Hugs and thanks!!!

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Connie, you received SW Insider #101 already? I thought the subscriber mailing date was delayed till the first week in May. Lucky you! =D=

- Justin

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    That's what I was wondering... haven't gotten the issue yet!

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Speaking of SW Insider, there is an awesome website that always carries the Diamond PX Exclusive cover variants of every issue. I am an avid collector of SW Insider and own every issue that has been printed (including the various cover variants). I've used this site on many occassions and have been extremely pleased every time.

For those of you who like to collect every issue, definitely check 'em out: http://www.tfaw.com/Search?quick_sstring=star+wars+insider&_results_sstype_search=

- Justin

20. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    OOPS...

Yes I have received mine, it is one fantastic issue too. It has a very nice Obi Pic on the front. Great reading.

Just lemme know, on that page, when you get it, what chick that is in the pic, want ideas.

Hugs and have fun reading!!!

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Received my copy of Insider #101 yesterday afternoon.

Will be reading it cover-to-cover today!

- Justin

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I collect all the SW magazines, too. Justin, do you have the Insider all the way back to the old Bantha Tracks? They're fun.

Anyway, I got my issue yesterday. That's definitely Padme, but that's not her burial dress, obviously. This is from the Dark Times comic book series, and they roam all around the GFFA in this particular series, so it's probably something pretty interesting. I'll get the comic soon, so when I do, I'll let everyone know what's up.

But - from the background of the shot, Vader's in some sort of cave. Maybe he's found Padme before she was taken to Naboo, and/or he's stolen the body. Then, the "good guys" get it back and take it to Naboo and bury her in the ceremonial outfit, etcetera, etcetera. My "creative" theories, anyway :).

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Yup, I have every issue, even the older issues when it was called Lucasfilm Magazine. I didn't start collecting them until 2002 when I became a Hyperspace member, so eBay was extremely useful in obtaining the missing back issues to complete my collection.

Every issue is bagged & boarded and stored in those white corrugated comic book boxes in my SW room.

Speaking of Bantha Tracks, that is my current mission - to obtain all of the printed BT issues. And I am extremely happy that BT is now available in PDF format for easy printing & collecting.

- Justin

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yep, have the Lucasfilm issues too. Also like SW Galaxies. Some great stuff out there no longer available, unfortunately.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I never read SW Galaxies before (there are only 7-8 issues, right?). Jay Shepard referred them to me and said I should definitely try to get my hands on 'em.

- Justin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.