The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I just realized I got the name wrong -- it was called Star Wars Galaxy. There are 13 issues, then it was replaced by Star Wars Galaxy Collector. Both are really a good magazine, precusors to the Insider.
  2. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    And here I thought I was the only one...

I collect the magazine as well. I have 2 subscriptions. One for reading and for the son to get all yucky...lol, and one for "bagging and white boarding." Now, I do not have every issue, but plan to once we move. I want to dosplay them all on the wall, along side all my action figs.

So Val, you think its Padme? I do love that pic, wish there was a way to put that pic on my desktop, without the Vector and words written on it. Oh well...but, some more theories Val would be great!!!!

3. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    I have two subscriptions as well, Connie. Dianna has her own membership in addition to my own, so we do the exact same thing as you - read one copy and store the other mint condition copy away.

Great minds think alike! ;)

- Justin
  4. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    May the 4th Be With You!!! =D=

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/jlasalata/Misc%20SW%20Pics/?action=view&current=May4thYodaposter.jpg

- Justin
  5. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got that poster... my girlfriend got it for me from the Star Wars store. Interesting story about that poster... it was never actually a poster. It was just a pic sent to people promoting the film. Poster collectors started asking about it and finally they made it into a poster because of the demand. Just thought I'd throw that out there. =)

6. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4

Not Star Wars related with the exception of LFM doing the work... but Iron Man was excellent. One of the better super hero movies so far. If you're a fan of the comics, then stick around until the end of the credits. You're everday movie goer won't understand it but hard core fans will get a kick out of it.

7. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, my wife got it for me about 2 years ago from SWShop.com too. She is a Yoda fanatic, so anytime she sees a new thing with Yoda on it, she adds it to our SW collection.

Does anybody know if that ILM promo with Yoda staring up at a kneeling Hulk with the tagline "Size Matters Not" was ever produced in poster form?

- Justin
  8. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Justin. It was. It was originally given out at an ILM conference and was printed on thick poster paper. I've got one. An original can run about $120 or so last time I checked. It's an amazing poster, especially if you're a fan of both Yoda and the Hulk. It was also in a magazine...I think I have one. You're welcome to the magazine copy if you'd care to have it. I think I know where it is. You can get a replica of the poster I think off of Ebay. I'm not a fan of reprints but if you've gotta have it... =)
  9. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the info (and the magazine copy offer), GJ. I actually have a magazine copy of the ad as well. Definitely one of the cooler SW-related ads out there.

On another note, we have two weeks to go before Indy is released, and NONE of my local movie theaters have started pre-selling tickets! [face_hypnotized]

Damn!

- Justin
  10. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm really surprised this movie hasn't gotten more press. Every once and awhile I'll see something on tv about it but it's just not being built up very much. I'm starting to see more promo stuff like with the M&M's and Dr. Pepper. I don't know... just thought a new Indy movie would be more of a big deal. I'm looking forward to it. I might even catch a midnight release... LOL...
  11. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Indy has gotten quite a bit of press in magazines, GJ. I've found about half a dozen magazines already that have had Indy as their lead cover story (Entertainment Weekly, Vanity Fair, Sci-Fi, etc). And the trailers are just starting to hit TV stations (although I have been changing the channel the second I see that Lucasfilm logo appear on screen - gotta remain spoiler free for me).

However, it has been an annoyance that none of my local theaters have started pre-selling Indy tix yet. They are selling advance tickets for Prince Caspian, which also has showtimes on May 22nd.

Why the heck are they not doing the same for Indy?? :mad:

- Justin
  12. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Ok...a bit off topic here...but had to share.

If you guys look inside the SW Insider...they had these adorable Hippos dressed up like SW characters.

Well...I saw those and had to own them. So, I went on ebay and bought a set, they are very limited. I only paid $23.00 for them and they came today. OMG...They are so stinkin cute and I am so glad I bought them.

Justin...You and Dianna, have to own these, they are too cute to pass up.

Ok...back to on topic...lol
  13. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Eh... still, I don't think people are making such a big deal about it. It's INDY! It's the first one in how many years? I don't know.. I'd think people would already be in line. LOL!
  14. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Gotta pic? My daughter would probably love those.
  15. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    I have the day blocked out on my calendar, and I've labeled it "Indiana Jones Day" in big, bold letters. I asked our theater about a month ago if they were participating in a midnight showing of the film. And I've been bugging people everywhere with a countdown. Does it count that at least there's one person out there treating it as a big deal? ;) lol

Seriously, I do agree. The film wasn't given much publicity until about the beginning of the year, and even then, I still hear the jokes about Harrison's age and this and that. I'm guessing that they won't have much to say until they actually see the film and make their judgement. If they're wowed, this thing will shoot off like a skyrocket. If they're bored, well, it'll die a slow death, and toys will go on clearance at Wal-Mart. ;)
  16. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    FINALLY!!!!

After weeks & weeks of anxious waiting, my local theater finally posted their Indy tickets on Movietickets.com this afternoon, and I nabbed two tix to the first morning showing (10:30am) on May 22nd!! [face_dancing]

Ahhhh yeahhhh!!!

- Justin
  17. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey Val, how's Fred? I lost my old girl at Christmas and have been wondering about you ol' guy since. Hope he's good!
  18. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice to "see" you, JF! He's fine, just losing a step every day (for those who wonder, Fred's my very, very old doggie that's still hanging on at 15 human years, a gazillion doggie years) :).
  19. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    To all the Shmi Skywalker's who post in these forums:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!! =D=

- Justin
  20. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Dido
  21. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Glad to hear that Fred is still plugging along! I still have one old lab left that's about 12. Very arthritic, though. The rest of my herd is fairly young.
  22. Lufta Shif Force Ghost

star 2
    Happy TF.N board anniversary, to me...
    Happy TF.N board anniversary, to me-ee...

:D

Eight years of Lufta Shif these lurking and posting on these boards! [young anakin] Yipee! [/young anakin]

:D :D :D
  23. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Justin...

Thank you so much for wishing all us Mom's a Happy Mother's Day, you are such a sweetie!!!

Grumpy...

Here are a few pics of those cute lil Star Wars Hippos:

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/IMG_0181.jpg]

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/IMG_0180.jpg]

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/IMG_0177.jpg]

They are really stinkin cute. I love'em.

Lufta...

WOW...Congratulations!!! Happy TFN Versary!!!

Hugs Everyone and MTFBWY!!!

24. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw Iron Man last night - loved it.

But it was a pain in the butt having to tightly close my eyes, plug my ears with my fingers, and hum loudly to myself when the Indiana Jones and The Dark Knight trailers came on.

God I hate movie trailers...

- Justin
  25. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just figured I'd post in here (been a long time for this board) and just say Hi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.