main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**The Society of the Whills Fanclub**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    However, it makes it more realistic if we put some sort of a limit on how much force you can use at a time. Even if its just a guideline that says, "if you don't think its possible, don't do it", and then having the GM weigh in their judgment on it in the end for the GM post.

Here's an example scenario.

Player A, a Sith, after being fully rested is ready for combat, launches a powerful stream of Force Lightning at Player B. Player B is a Jedi, who has been fighting off several enemies just to get to Sith Lord A.

Jedi Knight B, thinking he is able to do so, attempts to use Force Deflection to repel Sith Lord A's Force Lightning.

Now, after both players have posted, is the time for the GM to post the outcome of this turn.

The results:

While it is weakened a bit by the Force Deflection, Sith Lord A's Force Lightning still tears through Jedi Knight B, causing him significant damage, if not knocking him out.

Of course, the GM only intervenes for combat or NPC interaction, to lessen the load on the GM.

I'm still trying to think of something that would work like this easier for PC combat, perhaps a simple invitation for the GM to intervene with a TAG from either player - basically a consensual PC combat system.

2. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    If I remember correctly this is also to help teach new poeple how to role play too. The GM or the "Master(s) of the clan will have to watch and reign in over hyper players. However, I think Sinrebirth said it earlier that "fights" will be later on, [face_talk_hand] Yes I know of internal fighting in the said groups will happen so by the time everyone starts to mingle more, than it might be easier to watch the force powers, but for now I say, "let move on to the next section of this."

We are always going to have to watch these force powers that everyone is going to be using all through the game, and you know the saying, "You can not please everyone, all the time."

3. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Kev, that is where we rely on the maturity of the players to react accordingly, and should they not that is when the GM intervenes. I don't think it is really necessary to have the GM intervene every two or three posts though to say what happened... although it may prove necessary. Only time will tell.

However, I do see the gm posting the repercussions of force powers that one is not strong enough to do. For instance, Jedi Apprentice Bob here tries to make a sun go super nova with the force or something. Well, the GM may decide that Bob would die if he attempted something like that, so, BOb dies. SOmething like that, anyways. :p

I agree with killeroak though. We might as well just move on. I think that this is settled well enough.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We have to be especially vigilant in this considering that the Force Unleashed was just released into the newbie world, as well.

Alright. All we need to do now is clarify who is GMing, and then we can probably open up things.

While it's clear the Jedi have chukles looking after them, and myself the Imperial Knights, and of course the Templars are dealt with, I'm concerned we haven't heard a great deal from the Sith. I might suggest that the Sith, although separate in faction, have a single GM to run them both.

I would love to hear the opinion of someone from the Sith Orders, here.

5. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    :rolleyes: I hope there is some one who can get through them. If I remember corrctly, Rilwen_Shadowflame and her Clan was in, but I myself have not heard anything from the others. I will put in a show into the Dominion, but somtimes I think it is a lost cause.

I would join myself, but belong to neither group. Unless I....never mind.

I will post in Dominion about this with a link to here.

6. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    I believe me and Kev will co GM the Templars and so.

7. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Alright, so what is happening with this?

8. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Nobody really knows. But on the same token, no one is really willing to admit it.

:p

9. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, am i mistaken in saying that we have little to no interest shown thus far by the sith? Shall we move on then, or make one sith order instead of two? I want to see this get going. It'd be a shame if it died before it ever began.

10. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    We can go with the idea of one Sith group for now and if either of the sith groups wish to be separate we can work on that later. And i Agree on moving on. What should be the next topic?

11. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    I put a notice in, and I was told, (not qouting), no one really has no interest here in the Dominion of Darkness. So I would third it, go with one Sith Clan.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't think there is another point to discuss, really. Though the EUC has became particularly quiet as of late.

It depends on who would like to put up the opening post, which I have somewhere.

The Jedi and Templars are currently more active than the Sith and Imperial Knights, it appears.

13. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Cause we're awesome? I dunknow maybe we don't have lifes? speaking of lifes. Happy birthday to me!

14. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    I know that I do not have a life.

Plus, Happy birthday Kahn_Iceay, so what does that make you.....?

15. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    22 years crazy

16. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    Ah, I do not remember my 22 years, being over one hundred years old I can not be blamed for not remembering....can I?

No I am not one hundred, but I am working on it. *writes number down on paper and slids it across* I am ... Do not tell anyone. ;)

17. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    you mean your *looks* a nonexistent piece of cyber paper with a number on it?

18. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    I see even this has slowed down, oh well.

I hope your birthday was good, Kahn_Iceay.

19. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    An average day in the life.

20. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    Try being a truck driver. We are worse than the mail man. though this job there is no such thing as a Holiday, unless you can get it off. :( Oh well, I do not mind, I am getting Halloween off. [face_dancing]

21. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    My cousin's a truck Driver. Doesn't get much time off, but he does get paid well. He moved away though not even sure if he's still a Driver.

22. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    Hi there everyone! Happy (belated) birthday Kahn!

23. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    Ahh, another rogue/exile, there maybe more.

Even this place has slowed down some.

24. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Sorry for not being around much recently. Had other more pressing things to attend to.

Happy Birthday Khan.

So, we're ready to post, or do we not have much interest anymore? I know that the NJT has still expressed interest in an RPG, but I ma unsure about the other orders.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Apart from the Templars, I'm none too clear we have other orders in the SWC and EUC. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.