main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Society of Writers Ignored (four readers or less)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Cam_Mulonus, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    I guess most of that prior message can be ignored. After a good look around the Confused One has decided to post the first sliver of 'The Legend of Black Saber', book one of what is fast becoming an epic. Anybody interested can go look. I've been trying hard to find the fan fiction of the people here. I've been somewhat successful, and what I've read so far is good. Keep up the good work.

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    tatooinewizard - Can you post a link? I write Original Character stories myself, and I'd like to check it out. :)

3. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Ty-gon Jinn, sure I'll post a link the moment I get one. I was just about to post the first little bit of the story, but it's not there yet.
    Okay everyone; the first scene's up. The link: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11676391&replies0.
    Well, hopefully it won't be replies0 for long. I hope it doesn't look too intimidatingly long on the page. I never knew that two and a half pages could look so positively massive.

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm over looking right now.

5. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I posted the second scene if anybody's interested.

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've completed my fic Always two steps behind Some feedback would be great, and advice on what I could do better the next time. :)

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I highly recommend that you put your story links in your signature. That way, whenever you post to some other thread, it "advertises" your story.

8. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I think you'd better put mine here. I've got no replies at all.

9. Cammi_Kenobi

Cammi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I only have three readers (that are constant). One is my friend and the other is my friends friend. I could use some readers.

10. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    I got the story tatooinewizard! I have exams starting this week, so it may take me a while to read it. But I was able to scan the first page and it looks good!

11. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    jedi_enigma: Exams... I'm groaning and I don't even have to worry about things like that any more. Anyway I'm glad that you think it looks good so far. What I sent you and the rest of it, that I've posted so far, are over on the 'Before the Saga' board. When you get time you can look at it over there if you want.

Cammi_Kenobi: I'll try to get over to your work soon.

12. sitara-min

sitara-min Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2003
    Exams are tough on writing. I always find that I get more story ideas around exam time, but there is never a time when I can get them down.

I have three stories under this name, all on the Saga board. One is called Notes for a Shadow and it's pretty much an AU epic about Obi-wan, Anakin, and their kids. The next one is called Counting Stars One By One and it's another one of those Ani/Obi AUs...this time centering around a thirteen year old Anakin. And the third one is totally different; it's called Just One Thread In The Tapestry, and it's based around the question "What if Han Solo had the Force?". Only NFAS has actually been posted on, though. Time runs short for me these days.

-Sita

13. Cammi_Kenobi

Cammi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    If anyone has a story that thet've only posted about three times or less in i'll come check it out!

14. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Well, that definitely wouldn't be me.

15. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    I've still only got two readers...

16. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    Cammi_Kenobi: I think that may be me, but I'm not sure. One of my stories is: Strange Heart, the link is in my sig. Check it out if you have the time.

I am now out of high school! And am going to be able to read, write and review more!

tatooinewizard: I am working on your story right now, but it may take time. I am enjoying it though!

emimar: I will check out your stories!

17. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    Hey, thanks. I'll check yours out when I get the time...

18. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I think that they are ignoring me in "The Saga" Does anybody else can tell what I am doing wrong with this story. "Why they are ignoring me?"
    Link on my signature. Thanks.

19. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Well, i guess I still have two repliers, even after all this stuff about "oh I'll read your fic" like I had with the rough draft of it in august or so of last year. I really need feedback for my fic. I know it might be fun being a lurker or even embarrassing to post, but after three years of writing it, I want to know what people think of it!!! I'm not quite done with the final version, which is in my sig.

20. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Yeah, I read your story. I did not know that it was there. I love the action part.

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Well, I'm none to proud to admit I should probably sign up to this place. :)

I've recently decided that to ensure my creatvity doesn't atrophy over a 3 year Med course at University, that taking up FanFic would be a good outlet. I've just posted my first story to The Saga forum and have sadly thus far attracted 2 readers. ;)

But to be fair, it is my first, and I'm treating it as a learning curve.

What insider info do you guys suggest for getting a story noticed? Is it the title that sucks you in, the strange Acronymised coding I'm still getting the hang of, or the author him/herself?

I'm going to try and read as much of your other stuff as I can to get a feel of FanFiction: and let me honestly say, some of the stuff I've began looking at IS amazing. Although it is seldomly surprising, some of this stuff COULD easily pass as published EU.

Well, just thought I'd say hello and perhaps follow some of your links to stories.

Ciao.

22. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    PoT, your subject matter makes your story less popular as well. Imperials, and OC's in particular are not nearly as popular to the majority as established character fics.

Being well known in the RPF and Victoria FF, you should use your friends in those forums to help build a steady fanbase. Just put the link in your sig and make a few comments about it here and there. You're a Manager, no one will care.

23. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    Aren't I reading it? Calm down, Cam. I don't see you popping over to read mine. (Hint, hint)

Yeah, OC DO SEEM TO MAKE YOU LESS POPULAR. I DON'T SEE WHY THIS SHOULD BE THE CASE SINCE STORIES WITH ORIGNAL CHARATORS SEEM TO BE BETTER WRITTEN AND FAR MORE CRACTIVE!

(sorry about the captials, but I needed to get my point across. Don't let the fact that a story has original charators put you off reading it. We all liked the X-Wing novels, didn't we?)

24. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Too true Eminar.

And Yun, I suppose I should harass all the people I know to get readers, but I'm more interesting in getting established FanFiction Authors to have a gander, as - and this is no slight against the members of VicFF or the RPF ;) - but they are better placed to offer good advice and reviews on the material, thus helping me improve where appropriate.

25. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Good point. Hum (I have more luck with Obi-Wan's stories than Anakin's stories).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.