main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Sol Hope Redux, a SW AU: Updated 1-7-12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker_T-65, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Edit: Here is a short summary to see if it will get more interest in the story.

The main part of this story is the Sol Confederacy. Formed after a Duros freighter crashed in New Mexico in 1947 (Roswell obviously). The Confederacy wasn't formed immediately, it came after WW3 devastated the planet, and even then it was still a while before it came around. As for the story proper...it is the story of the Confederacy and it's people, the main character being my OC Liza Fisher. For now it is focusing on the Confederacy, but soon we will move into the SW Galaxy proper. I also have a timeline worked up for the story, if anyone wants to see it. I suck at summaries, but I hope this get's more interest in the story.

Well, this is the first time I have done this, I am rewriting an old story of mine. The Sol Hope (don't bother looking for it...it sucked...), which was a story involving my original faction, the Sol Confederacy. That being said, this barely resembles that failed story. If you want to see the timeline I made up for the Confederacy, just look at my crossover thread, Combining the Universes in the FF Resource. In any case, here is the chapter, and please review, since if I did something wrong I need feedback to correct it.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alpha Centuari System

Sol Confederacy

Unknown Regions

Planet: Arcadia

4 months BBY~

The planet Arcadia, the first colony of Earth, and main military base for the Sol Confederacy, sat in orbit of the star Alpha Centuari. The people who lived on the blue-green orb were peacefully going about their lives. Despite being the main military base it was not readily noticeable to the average civilian?and they certainly weren?t complaining about it. Even after a century of colonization there was nowhere near the population of Earth yet. So a lot of the military bases could be placed in the country. It was from one these bases that one Liza Fisher was graduating from the Confederacy military academy after five years of extensive training.

?Man it is so nice to be out of there?I never thought I would be so happy to leave any place in my life.? Liza thought.

As she walked towards the tram that would take her to the docks to take over command of her new ship, the newly minted Commander thought back on her life up to this point?

Liza had a fairly normal life?for a Colonial that is. With the main power base still on Earth, even a colony as old and well regarded as Arcadia was still considered second class. It was inevitable something like that would happen, but it still made it much more difficult to move up in life. Liza had been well off in that regard, with both of her parents serving in the Confederacy Armed Forces, her father in the Army and her mother in the Navy. They had both retired before she was born, but Liza had been raised on stories of them fighting off Vaggari incursions.

Needless to say, that made the young women want to join the Defense Force herself, but it had been fun trying to decide between the Army or Navy. In the end, Liza had decided on the Navy for one simple reason, she wasn?t big enough for the Army. The Confederacy Army had very strict recruitment requirements, among them that you had to be at least 5?8? to join up. At only a little over 5?2?, Liza was too short and petite to join. So she had gone with plan B and joined the Navy.

Once there, she had gone through the toughest years of her young life, her parents hadn?t been joking when they said boot camp was the hardest thing they had ever done. It had been a living nightmare, and Liza was not eager to have to go through that again. She hadn?t even made any real friends while there, since her standoffish attitude precluded that?and left her in trouble with the drill sergeants more often than not. But in the end it had been worth it, she had eventually got out of that pit and into officer training at Arcadia?s equivalent to West Point. O

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh-ho! So they caught Thrawn's bate, just like he planned. [face_thinking]

This is a very interesting start you have here. I really liked Lisa and her family.

So, the Far Outsiders are not the Vong in this story?

3. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Hazel: No they are the Vong...they just don't know them as that. After all, I have only hinted at what the Outsiders are at this point. Though thanks for reading...people so rarely bother to read my stuff. Glad you liked Liza and her family, I was a little out of my element with that part...yep they fell right into Thrawn's hands there...though he wasn't expecting the Confederacy to get ships out so fast. I should hopefully have a new chapter out by the end of the weekend.

And to anyone lurking, if you want to be on a PM list just ask.

4. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Well here is the second chapter. Let me know what you all think, assuming anyone actually cares enough to review it (other than Hazel...thanks again for the review).

Confederacy/Chiss Border

Unknown Regions

4 months BBY~

?Any sign of survivors?? Liza asked her sensors operator after they had coasted through the debris for several hours.

?No ma?am. If the Vaggari really did this they probably took any survivors as slaves,? the officer answered.

Liza nodded her head, and turned back to the viewport, the wreckage of Station 23 bouncing off the Allegiance?s shields. She still couldn?t believe it, her first mission and the Vaggari came back to attack the Confederacy. Her parents were not going to be happy to find that out.

?Captain! A ship just dropped out of hyperspace outside the debris field, and the design isn?t in our database!? yelled the sensor officer.

?Bring it up on visual, we need to find out what that ship is,? Liza said.

The other officer nodded and brought up a visual of the unidentified ship. It was a design that the young Commander had never seen before, a dagger shaped blue vessel. It resembled a smaller Missouri, but the Confederacy battleship wasn?t as blocky as this ship. But that was the last thing on the mind of the Allegiance?s crew, as they knew that ship was probably stronger than their own frigate.

?It doesn?t seem to know we are here yet?keep monitoring it but don?t let them see us,? she ordered.

The crew nodded, and worked to keep the debris field between them and the blue ship. At first it seemed to be working, since the larger vessel was moving off, looking like it was leaving the area, but then the Allegiance was painted by a wide ranging sensor sweep, and the ship turned right towards the smaller Confederacy frigate.

?No, they spotted us!? Harding yelled, turning to snap orders at the crew.

?Wait Lieutenant?what if they aren?t violent? It?s odd that they would have such a large ship, but they haven?t attacked us yet,? Liza pointed out.

The officer just shook his head at his Captain?s naivety?just because they hadn?t attacked didn?t mean the blue ship was a friend. So he still ordered shields raised, just to be on the safe side.

?Try to open a channel with them, maybe we can talk them out of attacking us?if that?s even what they plan,? the Commander ordered.

The Ensign on the comm station nodded, and started transmitting a message, ?Unidentified vessel, this is the Confederacy frigate Allegiance state your business in our territory.?

But the other vessel remained ominously silent, and didn?t change its course at all. As the blue ship got closer to the Allegiance, Liza turned to her gunnery officer.

?Start charging the MAC?I don?t like how they?re staying quiet,? she ordered.

After a quick look at the other ship, the officer set to work, and pretty soon enough the main weapon of the Allegiance was charged and aimed at the larger blue vessel.

?Any change, are they still ignoring our hails?? Harding asked.

?No change, they still aren?t responding, and they haven?t altered their course,? the Ensign answered.

?Okay then, start backing us out of the debris, we need a clear path to jump to Hyperspace,? Liza ordered.

With that, the Allegiance started to back up, but it kept its bow pointed towards the other ship for as long as possible, since they needed the MAC for any serious battle. But eventually the ship had to turn in order to get a good jump, and that cost them?

?We are ready to jump ma?am, just give the order and we?? Harding started, but he was thrown to the deck along with the rest of the bridge crew as a barrage of green turbolaser fire flew towards the Allegiance.

?Damage report! What just hit us?? Liza yelled.

?That ship just fired a barrage of turbolasers at us! Our primary shield is down, and the secondary is only at 80%!? yelled the tactical officer.

The entire crew was shocked by that news?they knew that ship was larger than theirs, and in all likelihood stronger, but to take down their shields like that in one barr

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Boy, the Allegiance is really having a run of bad luck. [face_worried]

Are these really the Vagaari?

Also, I'd like PMs, please.

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Hazel: Yeah, they aren't very lucky. What do you expect though, it was Thrawn in command of that ISD after all. They might be Vaggari...then again they might not be...[face_whistling]. And consider yourself added as the first person on the PM list.

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Well here is the next chapter. Sorry it took longer to get out. Other than that, not much to say...other than the part with bad grammar was due to the Allegiance having a bad translator. And the race is not a SW one.

Unnamed System

Sol Confederacy

Allegiance

4 months BBY

Three ships were hovering in deep space. On one side was the heavily damaged Allegiance; on the other were the two Vaggari ships. On the bridge of the Confederacy frigate was a scene of barely controlled chaos. The crew was doing everything in their power to get the ship ready for battle, but it wasn?t easy considering the shape the vessel was in.

?Are the Vaggari doing anything?? Liza asked, back in her Captain?s chair.

?Not right now, they haven?t moved since they got here, that is not like the Vaggari, they normally would have attacked by now,? Harding answered, not sure what the other ships were waiting for.

?I know?this isn?t like them at all?something?s not right here.?

?Do you want the MAC loaded Commander??

?Yes Lieutenant, they may not be attacking but we need to be ready.?

?Ma?am they are trying to contact us. Do you want to open a channel?? the communications officer said.

Liza and Harding looked at each other, both thinking the same thing?why would Vaggari want to talk with them?

?Open a channel, but keep the MAC ready, and man the turbolaser turrets, we need to be ready if this is a trick,? Liza ordered.

The other officer nodded, and opened the channel, and the bridge was immediately blasted by frantic yelling. But it wasn?t in a language anyone on the Confederacy frigate understood, which was odd in of itself, since they had a translator programmed with the languages of all the species they had encountered?including the Vaggari.

?Anyone recognize that language?? Harding asked the crew.

At the chorus of no?s that answered that question, Harding turned to Liza, ?Should we let the translator try and figure the language out? Or do you want to fire??

Liza shook her head, ?No, try and get the sensors to zoom in on the ships, I have a feeling they aren?t a threat. And set the translator to work too.?

Harding shook his own head, he wasn?t sure what his Commander was thinking, but he still gave the order. When the viewscreen showed a close up of the Vaggari ships it shocked the crew. They were even more damaged than the Allegiance herself was. It looked like a miracle the ships hadn?t fallen apart yet.

?See? They don?t look like they could even fight us,? Liza pointed out.

?Looks can be deceiving Commander?and you know that. Is the translator having any luck?? Harding asked one of the other officers.

?A little, we can talk with them as long as it is slow. Their language is remarkably similar to the Vaggari language?but with a completely different language mixed in with it,? the officer answered, obviously excited at meeting a new race.

?Calm down Ensign?we still don?t know who they are.?

?I know sir, its still exciting though, we haven?t found any new people since the Chiss.?

?Which is precisely why we need to be careful?what if these people destroyed the Vaggari and are coming for us or the Chiss now??

The younger officer gulped before turning back to his station and getting back to work on translating. Harding smiled at him before turning back to Liza.

?Well Commander, shall we try this again??

Liza nodded, ?Yes we will. Reopen the channel and lets see if we can talk now.?

Again the bridge was blasted with shouts, but this time it was rendered in English?albeit extremely broken English.

?No shoot! We no want to fight!!? the voice yelled, with a distinctly female inflection.

The bridge crew was a little shocked by that, unless this was a very elaborate ruse it wasn?t Vaggari in those ships. Especially since in every encounter with the pirate race no women had been in command. Though a couple of the more comedic crewman laughed at the odd accent the translator gave them.

Liza cleared her throat, ?Hello? We don?t want to fight you either but you need to tell us who yo

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very good chapter!

I wonder if these new friends will be an asset or a liability [face_thinking]

9. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    A/N (for Force.net): Well here is the chapter?I hope everyone likes the work I put into it. Not a whole lot to say up here, other than that since no one guessed on the ?People?, they are from the ?Destroyermen? Series by Taylor Anderson. The race in that series are called Lemurians, and that is what I am using here, with obvious changes. One other thing...this is just the first Arc in a multi-Arc story...this particular one focuses on the Confederacy/Unknown Regions, the next one will be the main storyline.
    Other than that, please read and review?

Hazel: Thank you for actually reviewing again. The Lemurian?s will be more of a help than a liability.

Though I wish someone else would review though?oh well, here is the chapter.
    Alpha Centuari System

Sol Confederacy

Unknown Regions

Planet: Arcadia

4 months BBY~

?Man, it is so good to be back here,? Harding said, looking down on Arcadia as the Allegiance descended, followed by their new friends and the Justice.

?I know we are very lucky it wasn?t Vaggari who found us. Though we need to think up a better name for Kris-Ar?s group than ?The People? don?t we?? Liza asked.

?Good point?it could get confusing if we don?t think up a name for them sometime soon.?

?How about Lemurians?? Ensign White asked, being as he had been studying some records Kris-Ar had given the Allegiance.

Liza rose an eyebrow at that, ?Lemurians?really? Couldn?t you think of something more creative??

White looked mildly offended by that, but said calmly, ?Funny Commander, but think about it?they look like giant humanoid Lemurs, with some cat-like features. I figure that we need a name that will be easy to remember, and Lemurians works well enough for that.?

Liza nodded, ?Works well enough I guess?just still not very creative.?

Ignoring a fuming Ensign White, Liza set about securing her ship and heading to the shuttle bay to get a ride to Navy Command.

Arcadia

Capital City: New Athens

Navy High Command~

?Fisher! It is good to see a familiar face!? Kris-Ar shouted, almost hugging Liza again?before remembering that it wasn?t a custom for Humans.

?Nice to see you too Kris-Ar?at least your wearing more clothes this time?? Liza said back, the last part mumbled under her breath.

?I?m sorry, did you say something Fisher? This ?translator? you gave me might not be working right.?

?Nothing Kris-Ar?nothing at all, now come on, we have to meet the Admirals.?

The newly dubbed Lemurian gave Liza an odd look, before following the Commander into the meeting room.

?Commander Liza Fisher of the UARS (1) Allegiance reporting sir?s,? Liza said, saluting the men and women in front of her.

?At ease Commander. I take it that is this ?Kris-Ar? you told us about?? Admiral Smith asked, since he was the most familiar with Liza.

?Yes she is?come on up Kris-Ar.?

The black-furred Lemurian hesitantly stepped forward and bowed slightly to the assembled Admiral?s, ?I am Captain Kris-Ar of Seraaca Home?what your people call the ?destroyer?.?

?Alright then, can you explain to us exactly who you are and where you come from?? one of the other Admiral?s asked, wanting an explanation direct from Kris-Ar as opposed to Liza?s report.

Kris-Ar cocked her head to the side, before responding, ?But I already told Fisher where we are from and who we are? Why would you need me to repeat myself??

?It?s not that we don?t trust Commander Fisher?we just want to confirm what she told us.?

?Understandable?we are the People, and we come from Home. From what we saw of the Oppresors star charts, and what Fisher let us see of your own ones, it would be called Epsilon Eridani 4.?

?Really?we never sent any probes out there did we?? one of the other Admirals mused?it was odd that they hadn?t considering how close Eridani was to Earth.

?That is odd?and it explained why we never found them. Though the idea of the Vaggari having a base that close to Earth is somewhat frightening. We need to scope out more of these planets,? Smith said, be

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Well, I think you're going well, but maybe if you added a short summary as an introduction to the overall story, you'd get more tangible interest.

As for the update, that was a very nice talk between Liza and Kris-Ar and now I'm wondering what Thrawn will think of this new alliance.

Keep up the good work! :)

11. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Well here is the next chapter. Not a whole lot to say up here, other than good luck on guessing who the new enemy at the end is...I'll give a hint...space dinosaurs.

Hazel: Thanks for reviewing again. I hope you like this chapter too.

Sol Confederacy Territory

Unknown Regions

Planet: Home (Epsilon Eridani 4)

3 months BBY

?Nice looking planet you got here Kris-Ar,? Liza commented, as the Seraaca descended towards a large island.

?Thank you Liza, as much as I liked your home it is nice to be back,? Kris-Ar replied, walking towards the back of her ship to disembark.

?I can understand that, if I were away from Arcadia as long as you were from here I would be happy to get home.?

?Well, I missed my family more than Home. It is going to be nice to see them again.?

?Well it?s good that you can see them again, I?m assuming that your husband will be waiting for you??

?No he won?t?he was killed trying to rescue our daughter from the Oppressors.?

?Oh my God?I?m so sorry Kris-Ar, I shouldn?t have brought that up.?

?Don?t worry about it Liza, you didn?t know about him. I have mostly moved on by now, but I will never forget them. That is why I hope we can join your people in destroying the Oppressors.?

Liza nodded, not wanting to point out to Kris-Ar that the Confederacy hadn?t fought the Vaggari for years. So she just kept quiet and followed Kris-Ar off her ship.

Once the two women disembarked Harding and a Chiss man named Lawan greeted them. And behind the two men was a large group of Lemurians, all of them looking curiously at the Humans and Lawan.

?Is that you Kris-Ar? I?m guessing that these furless people are the Confederacy?s people?? a dark-furred Lemurian male asked, stepping forward from the main group.

?Yes they are Sres-Ar. It?s nice to see you too by the way,? Kris-Ar responded in her own language.

?Sres-Ar? bristled a little, before responding, ?That hurt Kris-Ar, I had to make sure it was you. Besides, how was I supposed to know who these people were??

Kris-Ar sighed, ?I understand that, I just thought you would have recognized me, you are my oldest brother after all.?

?It?s the clothes Kris-Ar, they aren?t anything like what I last saw you in. I can only see your face and arms, which made it harder. And my eye?s aren?t what they used to be either.?

?Whatever brother, in any case, this is my friend Liza Fisher, the Captain of Allegiance Home, or a ?frigate? as they call it. The man is her second, Chris Harding. I don?t know the Chiss man?s name though,? Kris-Ar replied, pointing at Liza, Harding, and Lawan, while self-consciously looking down at the Confederacy uniform she had taken to wearing since leaving Arcadia.

?Hello, I am Sres-Ar, Captain of Carraca Home, the vessel that guided you down. It is nice to finally meet people from the Confederacy the Oppressors spoke off, and the Chiss they also spoke of,? Sres-Ar said, bowing lightly at Liza, knowing his sister didn?t make friends easily.

?It is a pleasure to meet you too, Kris-Ar told me about you on the way here. Though she didn?t tell me you had tales about the Chiss too,? Liza answered, noticing Kris-Ar stiffen slightly.

Sres-Ar raised an eyebrow in a disturbingly human gesture, ?You speak our language? And Kris-Ar never listened to those tales; all she ever wanted was to meet someone from the fabled Confederacy. If she became friends with you so easily it looks like she succeeded.?

Liza stole a sidelong glimpse at her friend, and saw her blushing heavily in the Lemurian way, and figured she had left that detail out of their talks.

?That makes sense, as to how we know your language?Kris-Ar taught me over the month we spent repairing the ships. I don?t know all the words, but with help from this translator I can get by in it.?

?Translator? That little piece of metal can translate our language??

?Yes it can, but can we head inside a building now, I would like to start talks about an alliance. And it?s not exactly comfortable out here.?

?Yes we can, b

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Space dinosaurs [face_thinking] I don't think I know those.

Loved meeting Sres-Ar, and the part about the chiss ship to Cestus kind of reminded me of the trojan horse story. [face_worried]

Great update!

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Well here is the next chapter. Not much to say, other than that this is shorter than I would like, but that is since I am not very good at combat and this is mostly a battle. Please let me know how I did, so I can improve if I need to.

Hazel: Once again, thanks for reviewing. Have you not read Truce at Bakura? That should be a better hint, though it will be said anyway in the chapter.

Epsilon Indi System

Sol Confederacy

Unknown Regions

Orbit of Planet Cestus

3 months BBY

?This is more ships than I?ve seen in a while?? Wolf said, a little awed by the amount of ships sent to Cestus.

?It is impressive sir, apparently they are taking what happened to the Chiss very seriously,? Wolf?s XO said.

The ships they were talking about made up the Confederacy?s entire 4th fleet. There was the flagship Ontario, a Missouri class battleship, several Arcadia class cruisers, a dozen Hyperion class destroyers, and twenty-four Cestus class frigates. Then there was a small Chiss fleet, sent to recover their ship.

?Message from the Ontario sir. They want us to bring over the Chiss ship,? the Communication officer said.

?Okay, Ensign bring us closer to the flagship so we can drop the ship into their tractor beam,? Wolf ordered.

The helmsman nodded and brought the Deception over to the much larger Ontario. Once the cruiser was underneath the battleship, it dropped the ruined Chiss vessel out of its hanger, letting the Ontario?s tractor beam pull it into its larger hanger. With that done, the Deception moved back into its place over Cestus, along with the smaller Terra class frigates of the Cestus Fleet covering it?even though those ships should have been retired decades ago.

?The Ontario reports that they have the vessel?and the Chiss are sending over a party to get into its databanks right now.?

?Good, let me know if they contact us again?I need to lie down, all this excitement is getting to me.?

The crew laughed lightly at that, Wolf wasn?t exactly young anymore, so they couldn?t blame him.

Sol System

Sol Confederacy

Unknown Regions

Planet: Earth

St. Louis, Former state of Missouri

A few days later

?Well, any news from Eridani or Cestus?? Brandt asked his Navy advisors.

?The talks on Eridani are going well, it seems like the Lemurian?s are almost ready to join us. Though they seem somewhat less willing to join the Chiss,? the resident diplomat of the group answered.

?Hmm?okay then, what about Cestus? Have they found out about who attacked the Chiss??

?Not really, all we can tell is that they used a type of ship that we aren?t familiar with. And the Chiss still haven?t told us who that territory belongs to. Also, the commander of the 4th fleet wants to head out and try and find who attacked the Chiss.?

?Will the Chiss fleet go with them? I don?t want to send one of our fleets into an area we haven?t explored without people who know it well.?

?The Chiss are willing to go along. But they won?t say how far, so it will be a gamble either way.?

?Okay then, send a message to our fleet, we need to find out who is out there. And also send a message to Eridani, we need Fisher to wrap things up there, we can?t afford to leave Arcadia without it?s newest ship for much longer.?

?Yes sir!?
    Space around the Epsilon Indi system

Unknown Race?s territory

Unknown Regions

Another day, another unexplored system?that was the thought running through the heads of everyone in the Fourth Fleet, considering they had been exploring the area for a week now.

?Anything worth reporting?? Alexi Nikolayev, the Commander of the Fourth Fleet asked his crew.

?A few stellar anomalies, a nebula?and a comet. So nothing really sir,? one of the Ensigns answered.

?Oh joy?I?m beginning to see why we didn?t settle out here, there is nothing worth using.?

?I can agree with that sir. So where to next??

?The nearest star system. Maybe we will actually find something this time.?

With that, the combined Confederacy/Chiss fleet jumped into a

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I haven't read 'Truth at Bakura' yet, I've been very busy reading fanfiction. :D

Awesome battle scene and I liked the Chiss working with the Confederacy. Let's see for how long... [face_thinking]

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Well, this took longer than I expected it too...but at least I still updated. That being said, this one is also mostly battles, but there is more talking involved too. I hope more people review this time, but I can't force you all too.

Hazel: You haven't read Truce at Bakura before? Well I won't spoil it then, other than the Ssi-Ruuvi being the main baddies. Thanks for reviewing again.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Unnamed Star System

Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium

Unknown Regions

Confederacy 4th Fleet

?How many enemy ships are there?? Alexi asked nervously.

?Thirty ships sir?including 10 cruisers,? an Ensign answered.

?And how many of our ships report that they are ready??

?The Ontario, four cruisers, seven destroyers, and ten frigates. And the Chiss only have five of their ships left to help.?

?Okay, send a message to the rest of the fleet Ensign, tell them to mov?? Alexi was cut off however as a truly massive broadside came from the Ssi-Ruuvi ships and battered the Ontario.

?Our primary shield is down! And the Korolev reports severe damage!? one of the sensor operators called out?somewhat unnecessarily, since anyone looking out a viewport could see the Korolev bleeding fire, the cruiser?s shields having been knocked out earlier in the battle.

?Transfer power to shields and engines! Only use the MACs to fire back, we can?t fight this many ships! Tell the Korolev to move behind us, we will use our shield to protect them!? Alexi yelled, the adrenaline pumping through his body making him almost relapse into his native Russian?and leaving what he did say less than proper English.

The Ensign nodded and sent off the message, leading to the flaming cruiser moving behind the massive Missouri class battleship. And it wasn?t a moment to soon, as another barrage of angry red fire came from the Ssi-Ruuvi ships, obliterating one of the Chiss ships and a Confederacy frigate. The combined fleet returned fire, the heavy shells and blue turbolaser/charric fire stabbing into the shields of the smaller Ssi-Ruuvi ships. It was a futile attack though, as none of the Allied ships had enough power to commit to their weapons. At most they were able to weaken the enemy shields, not drop them.

And yet again, the return fire concentrated on one or two ships, battering down their shields and damaging the ships. Another Chiss ship died, while a Sol destroyer took severe damage. But instead of coming back, the ship launched forward, flying straight at the largest Ssi-Ruuvi vessel, the egg shaped cruiser desperately firing all of its weapons.

?What are they doing?! Call back the Hyperion now!? Alexi called out, watching as the valiant warship dived into the heart of the enemy fleet.

?They can?t sir?the ship is already too badly damaged. The only response we got is this: ?Our ship is too damaged to come back Admiral. Don?t worry, all my men are with me on this, don?t let our sacrifice be in vain, fight your way out!?

With that last transmission, the severely damaged Hyperion gave one last push of its engines; it?s dark blue armor being blasted off by Ssi-Ruuvi fire. The valiant destroyer then collided with the Ssi-Ruuvi cruiser; the impact draining the enemy ships shields, and allowing the now blunt bow of the Confederacy vessel to impale the cruiser. The destroyer?s remaining momentum carried it deeper into the Ssi-Ruuvi ship, starting a slow and graceful dance of death between the ships. That is until the flaming wreck that was the Hyperion finally detonated, the explosion taking the cruiser with it, and disorienting the other enemy ships. The blinding flash of light silhouetted the crew of the Ontario, all of the men and women wearing identical looks of dismay.

?Get the fleet moving. We have to use the opening the Hyperion gave us,? Alexi said quietly, his voice hoarse from all of his earlier yelling and grief at the death of his comrades.

?Yes sir: ?All Allied vessels, push through the gap the Hyperion left. Put all power to shields and engines and only fire if necessary.?

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow! They really took a beating from the Ssi-Ruuvi.

Great update!

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    AN: What do you know, a new chapter. I'm sorry this took so long, but it wasn't easy to write since I suck at combat scenes (which this chapter is one massive combat scene). Not much to say beyond that, so please read and review.

Epsilon Indi System

Sol Confederacy

Unknown Regions

Cestus, 2nd Army Division Headquarters

?Fire mission, grid 24.5, wind from the southwest?fire!? a gun commander called out, as his massive M-89 155mm howitzer fired at a concentration of Ssi-Ruuvi infantry. The sound of the howitzer firing was drowned out in the noise of a dozen other guns, all firing at a large group of Ssi-Ruuvi infantry, who seemed to lack any semblance of tactics other than charging straight at the 2nd Division lines.

?I still don?t see why we need these guns?couldn?t the Navy handle this?? a young private asked from his station at the barracks.

?Your in the Army son! Don?t even think of relying on those Navy wimps! Now get back to your job!? a passing Seargent yelled.

?Yes sir!? the private yelled back, before turning to his friend, ?That didn?t answer my question at all?why do we still have such obsolete weapons??

?You think I know? My guess would be the brass wants us as independent of the Navy as possible. Besides, would you rather we didn?t have them when the Navy has to leave us alone?? his friend said.

?Good point.?

While the two men were having their discussion, a group of high-ranking officers were meeting in the building they were guarding.

?How are things up at the front?? Jean Louis, the head of the Cestus Air Force asked.

?Well enough, the Ssi-Ruuvi have less brains than the average Vaggari commander, and that?s saying something. So far the only inroads they have made are areas where are men are stretched too thin and the artillery can?t reach. The First Division is moving up to plug those holes as we speak,? James Wilkinson, head of the Cestus Army answered.

?My artillery is covering their approach. Those lizards don?t even know what is hitting them!? General Cain of the Second Division added.

?Do we have any more intel on them?? Louis asked.

?Only that there seems to be two different castes of soldiers. The main force seems to be made up of a smaller species, while the commanders are larger and seem to be extremely paranoid. But Species A makes up for it in shear ferocity and dedication. No matter how many of them we kill they keep coming,? Wilkinson answered.

?Then we will just keep killing them. I don?t care how much it takes, these ?dinosaurs? are not taking our planet!? Cain yelled, slamming his hand on the table.

?That?s the attitude we need! Tell me General Louis, are your planes ready for strikes yet?? Wilkinson asked, turning to the Air Force officer.

?Of course they are sir. Just give us a target and we will cream them,? Louis answered confidently.

?Launch them in support of the First Division, they are going to be the main punch in our counterattack. Don?t let the Ssi-Ruuvi get any closer to Corona.?

Cestus

Frontline outside of Corona

First Division forward observer post

?That is a lot of dino?s?? a private commented.

?Don?t let that worry you, just aim and fire, and for the love of all that is good and right don?t miss!? a Corporal said, setting an example and hitting a ?Species A? soldier in the face with his blaster rifle.

?I know that?? the private said under his breath before hefting his own blaster and hitting a couple of enemy infantry.

The two men were members of a four-man squad who had been calling in strikes from the Second Divisions? artillery, until a group of SA infantry had ambushed them and forced the group back to their post. They had been in a running battle ever since, taking down dozens of the seemingly never-ending enemy troops. But they had received word that help was on the way, and it was announced by the scream of aircraft engines passing overhead. A group of FA-50 Spearhead fighters flew by, dropping a swath of fuel-air bombs on the unfortunate Ssi-Ruuvi infantry. The massive explosions

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think it's pretty good, but I'm not really an expert on battle scenes.