main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Solo-Kids flying TIE-Advanced x1 ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by WokHorsti, Mar 2, 2013.

1. WokHorsti

WokHorsti Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2013
    Hi!

That's my first posting here, so don't be too hard on me, OK? ;)

Today I stumbled upon a picture on Wookieepedia that leaves me wondering:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_meld

Do the Solo-kids use several TIE Advanced x1?

I thought Vader's was the only prototype ever build. Is there some more information about this? Does anyone know, from what novel that scene is? (I guess it happened in a novel, but I'm not sure ;) )

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    It happens in Vector Prime, the first Novel of the New Jedi Order series and no Vader was not the only one to have an X1 build for him, Sienar would often hand out Prototypes to the Imperial forces for field testing, including X1es, though there were apparently only a few squadrons of them in total. Lando was able to acquire a few for his Mining Colony on Dubrillion and let the Solo children fly them when he had to defend his colony from the Vong.

WokHorsti likes this.
  3. WokHorsti

WokHorsti Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2013
    And I really thought I know everything about the x1 ;)

Thanks for the information, I guess I have to get the New Jedi Order books too ;)

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love to see more Advanced x1 appear in the EU.

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The Tie Advanced "Avenger" model was mass produced until the destruction of several facilities during Zaarin's coup (along with most of the Defender facilities). While Avengers are not too common a fighter, it stands to reason that a few of them would be around in Vector Prime, even if they are in the original, non jagged winged variation.

6. WokHorsti

WokHorsti Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2013
    I'd also like to see more of the x1 in the EU...it's too bad we never got to fly one in any of the X-Wing / TIE-Fighter games :(