main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sony Playstation 3 : Delayed Until 2007 ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by _Equilibrium_, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    It seems Sony may delay the Playstation 3 until 2007.. if Microsoft delays their box first, according to the Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst team. Currently, the console is projected to sell before the end of their fiscal year, March 31st 2006. The North American version selling before the end of that same year.

The analysts have concocted this: The Xbox drops to $99 following the 360 launch. Following suit, Sony would lower their Playstation 2 price to $99. This all depends on if Microsoft stays true to their word on the Xbox360 release. According to history, Sony has come up short in production during the holiday season and could put them in a hurt. According to these analysts the ball is in Microsoft?s court.

http://www.ps3updates.com/

I highly HIGHLY doubt Microsoft would delay the XBOX 360 on Sonys behalf. Can you imagine how ticked off all the pre orderes would be ? Sony should have took the time & THOUGHT about when to release the Playstation 3. I can't believe they are going to do whatever Microsoft does & like I said I highly doubt Microsoft would put off the XBOX 360 now. There are so many pre orders for it & people waiting for it. This shows Sony is just STUPID. Microsoft would NOT want to tick off hundreds / thousands of customers (I hope) who has already pre ordered the XBOX 360 just because Sony might not deliver in time their Playstation 3. If Sony can't deliver enough for the Holiday season then they should just delay the PS3. They have NO right trying to get Microsoft to delay their system to. For Microsoft it is to late at this point especially with all the pre orderers. This just prooves Sony = STUPID IDIOTS. Sony should have done this analysts when they were deciding the date . Not 3 months before the big Holiday season begins. Actually it wouldnt be so bad if Sony delayed another year. That way the focus on XBOX 360 will have died down when the PS3 IS ready to come out.

2. Y2K2

Y2K2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    old news lol

yea stupid move by sony. if 360 gets delayed ill be pissed

3. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    Well sorry for reporting old news :p How old is this news anyway ? If there has been no statement so far saying the XBOX 360 is being delayed then I guess that is a good sign depending on how old this news is :p

4. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    The article is based on a Gamespot story that was online since the 2nd. So it's fifteen days to late. Thats almost an eternity on the internet. :p

5. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    lol i meant it was old news when you said sony are stupid idiots.

6. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
  7. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    Well, I don't really care. Im not buying the PS3, because its just going to be outragous. I mean, Sony is going to price it at like $700! And there's nothing special about it. Now, Xbox 360 looks amazing. The Xbox Live system is going to be better than ever, and it'll have way better games. And even though Im not buying X360 when it comes out, Im waiting for the inevitable price drop.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You know, I almost wish it would get delayed. I'm so tired of my fiance talking about it, and we'd be able to afford it better in 2007, than 2006.

9. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I hear that Jedi. I wouldn't mind either because I plan on buying that and the Xbox 360.

10. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Just PS3 here, it's the only system that has any games I want. Anyone read that interview with Hideo Kojima where he compared the PS3, 360, and Revolution to different meals? That made more sense to me then any tech specs I've ever seen.

"Revolution will be like a nice home cooked meal. 360 will be like a Sunday dinner with friends. PS3 will be like a four course banquet feast."

I read that as, Nintendo is Nintendo and will always be Nintendo and that ain't bad. 360 will be the one for multiplayer and party type console. PS3 will be the system with mind shattering epic games.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Talk about ridiculous jumping to conclusions in this thread. Read the bloody report. Do you understand it's all just hypothetical speculation by some random industry analyst?

"Sony are dumb, Microsoft are idiots..."

Well, some people are, that much is true.

12. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    What does that make Nintendo?

13. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    old school, mostly ^^

IMO both companies have epic games. Halo 2 for xbox, GTA for ps2. both are in for some compettion.

(if your wondering why i left out nintendo, its because the real video game consoles are up there. nintendo has run its course. the 3 year olds are getting bored, hiroshimayu Klisjclamo. [<-- my impression of a jap name])

14. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I'd just like to remind everyone that even people at Sony have said that the PS3 won't be much better than the PS2 unless you have a HDTV, which is still thousands of dollars in itself.

15. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    I say forget about Sony and Microsoft and just get a Revolution. All your problems are solved. Except for the sewage in your basement. That's still there.

16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I couldn't care less about the PS3, but I hadn't heard or read anything about the 360 launch being delayed. So it's not coming out in 11/05?

17. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Why the hell would Microsoft delay its launch for Sony? They are rivals.

And Jp is right. As always.

18. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    "Revolution will be like a nice home cooked meal. 360 will be like a Sunday dinner with friends. PS3 will be like a four course banquet feast."

Because he's totally an unbiased, accurate point of view.

19. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Ahh, you guys remind me why I stopped coming here. How do you manage these children, JP?

"Well, I don't really care. Im not buying the PS3, because its just going to be outragous. I mean, Sony is going to price it at like $700! And there's nothing special about it. Now, Xbox 360 looks amazing. The Xbox Live system is going to be better than ever, and it'll have way better games. And even though Im not buying X360 when it comes out, Im waiting for the inevitable price drop."

How the hell did you figure all that out? Speculation is fun! I can't wait to play the "way better games" on the 360! I just wish I knew what those games were!

20. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Have you read the article this came from? It was about Hideo talking about how much he likes Xbox 360 and how difficult it is to make games on PS3. His point was that PS3 is very powerful and using technology invented and being first used on the system and how with 360 being currently existing technology it's easier to make games on.

21. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Bah, im' spoiled by the enlightened cynicism familiar to Penny-Arcade veterans

edit- Whoa, just noticed you aren't a mod anymore JP

22. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Don't you know? It's Halo 3... it's always Halo 3...

dear god I hate halo...

23. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Right now I have a PS2, "the newer smaller/sleeker/thinner version" because my older model broke and I am going to be sticking with that for the time-being. If the PS3 is as flawed and expensive as I have heard on this and other sites and magazines, with things like no backward capability for memory-cards, so you can play your older PS1/PS2 games but you can't save them or load your saved games, you have to use the NEW memory stick system to save those games, which is a bummer.

24. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I'm sure Sony will release something to fix that problem. And if not them then some third party. But yeah, I am hoping the PS3 doesn't break down like the first batch of PS2 did.

25. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    if your wondering why i left out nintendo, its because the real video game consoles are up there. nintendo has run its course. the 3 year olds are getting bored, hiroshimayu Klisjclamo.

You are now my sworn enemy!
    [image=http://tn3.deviantart.com/300W/fs5.deviantart.com/i/2004/314/a/3/FTSOTM__By_Psycho_Claw_by_VentureBrothers.jpg]
    "I will be the stuff of your grand children's nightmares!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.