main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Sony PSP & PS Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ps2_jedi, Oct 12, 2004.

1. ps2_jedi

ps2_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
  2. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'm thinking of asking for a PSP for my birthday...is it worth getting?

3. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Can youjust pull a PSP out of the the box and start playing online games? and does it cost money?

4. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    I've had a PSP since March and it is the coolest gadget I have. The power of the PS2 in the palm of your hand. Amazing! I went into my local games store and played it on a Saturday and everyone flocked round to see it (It's not avaliable in my country yet!). Get one if you haven't already and the two games I highly recommend are Ridge Racers and Archer Macleans's Mercury.

"For someone with your reputation I was expecting you to be...older!"

5. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    ok I have had the psp since march, but since it was for my birthday, I got it at the end of may... Now that I've had alot of time, I recomend getting a brand new this very day! It is the best thing out there... Although the 360 will give it a run for its money... But PSP is the only portable ps2, or xbox around... while a xbox has alittle better graphics, it doesn't go with you everywhere, psp plays music, movies, and pictures, while also surfing the web...

All seven of the games I have are fun! Although not all of them are Halo good, some of them give it a run for its money...

Do not buy an IPOD when you can get a PSP, it plays music just as good and actually does other things too! The one down side is that, the memorysticks can add up fast... If you get a 1GB you will never have to worry about memory again, or if you have alot of songs get the 4GB and then your good.

Also you have to buy a game that says Infacture on it some where, and even then there is not alot of online games yet, but there will be the more people buy there stuff... If your looking for a online game I suggest Twisted metal...

6. Brother_Of_Watto

Brother_Of_Watto Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    I have an online connection and Twisted Metal but no one is ever on there to play...

:(

7. BENSKYWAKER

Oct 28, 2005
    I'm on occasionally on look for Clark Kent or Darth Vader and that is me! :)

8. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm having a problem transferring MP3 music from my PC to my PSP.

I have the USB cord that hooks into the PSP and then into the PC, but for some reason the PC doesn't recognize that the PSP is connected to the PC. Is there something that is supposed to happen that indicates that everything is connected and that I can start transferring?

9. BENSKYWAKER

Oct 28, 2005
    To see if it is pluged in... On mine it makes a beep sound and pops up with windows media player... Also did you go on your psp to USB connection... Cause you have to hit thatonceit is plugged into the computer... Also all files for songs must be in a mp3 mode, which means no wav, or wmv, or anything else...

If this still dosen't help then give me more details...

10. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    My girlfriend just bought it for me today. im in love with it. i had soem trouble with it earlier but now im good

11. BENSKYWAKER

Oct 28, 2005
    Use the PSP! It is good, and strong in the force!

12. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Bought a 2GB memory card for mine and an extra battery. And of course am always playing Star Wars Battlefront II or SOCOM, or am watching Batman Begins on mine. Seriously, PSP's are definately worth it and I love Battlefront II for it. Probably the best game I have. Ahh life is good, with a Sony PSP that is...

13. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    I am really thinking of Buying a PSP I have the money and whatnot, but is it necessary to buy the 1GB memory disk? I don't need the music, I already have an iPod so the music isn't necessary. So is the 1GB memory.

Also when I buy the router, I can access the internet right? Does that mean I have to pay to play online games? Or can I just connect when I get the internet running?

Also Besides Battlefront 2, which games would people recommend?

14. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Jesse. Battlefront 2 is AWESOME, so is Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories,Infected(its a zombie game) and im getting Xmen Legends 2 today but I dont think you would like that.Madden 06 is alright, some of the gameplay is slow.It also has a crap load of UMD movies for it and I just got seasons 1&2 of Family Guy for it.The $250 PSP with regular memory card is not a good of a deal as the $300 PSP with 1GB memory card cause the 1GB memory holds a full length movie or 2 that you can put on your PSP(Star Wars)and it holds more pictures and stuff.You can only access the internet if your in a hot spot or near a wireless router.I dont think you can play online games for it, yea im pretty sure you cant use it for that.

Oh and for the record, GTA: Liberty City Stories for the PSP is THE GREATEST GTA game next to San Andreas, plus it has a multiplayer mode I haven't tried yet.Hope that helps.

Stay fresh playa......

15. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
  16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What a surprise. :rolleyes: Even I could see it coming.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  18. BENSKYWAKER

Oct 28, 2005
    Well since I'm not allowed to talk about PSP games anywhere else, :rolleyes: Does anyone have any new games? EX. Field Commander, Daxter, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Monster Hunter, Metal Gear Acid 2?

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Well since I'm not allowed to talk about PSP games anywhere else<<

It's not a matter of not being able to talk about PSP games elsewhere (you could, for example, make a thread for a particular title or series found on the PSP), but you essentially made a thread for general discussion of PSP games, which is what this thread is for. Redundant threads are generally locked.

20. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    I like the PSP, because i can "customise it", lets just say Im enjoying playing my old SNES games at home whilst having a brew ;)

21. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Bought Tomb Raider this weekend and... my poor Rebel Dream (my PSP's name) really needed a second analog stick. The graphics and the music are incredible. Lara has never looked better and the story is definitely better than AoD, but... it's really annoying! The camera never is where I want it to be, it makes my moves slower and it can get really boring sometimes. I also played the PS2 version and everything's the same except for the second analog stick that is a real help... [face_frustrated]

It shouldn't take me longer than 10 hours to finish the game but... I've been stuck and/or dying non-sense because of the controls. [face_frustrated]

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    PSP2 rumored

According to Brian Ashcroft of Kotaku.com Sony is planning to release a redesigned PSP, and possibly planning to unveil the device at this year's E3. Though Sony has repeatedly claimed that no redesigns are in the works, various third parties have apparently told Kotaku that they are pressing Sony for a release window so they can tie the launch of their upcoming PSP games to the release of the upgraded handheld. Rumored improvements include a new screen (possibly a touch screen), faster load times, improved buttons, 8 Gigabytes of flash memory, and a built in camera. Ashcroft expects a 4th quarter release.

23. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005

If this does happen and I hope it does. I hope it comes with a drop in price. I've been really tempted to buy a PSP, but I don't see myself justifying the $199 other then the fact I can play roms on it.

24. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Hey all :)

I was just wondering, should I get a PSP? The price has gone down and I can probably afford it now. But I'm really hesitating on getting it. I've heard that the camera controls for most of the games aren't that good. There are also only maybe a couple of games I'd consider buying for it right now and a couple in development but none of them scream out at me "PLAY ME NOW!!"

So, should I get it now, wait to get a PSP2 that might fix some of the problems the PSP1 has, or should I pass on this handheld completely?

25. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm thinking of getting a PSP, mostly for the exclusive Star Wars games that are coming out soon. Problem is, I'm not sure it's worth it for two or three games. What exclusives are there that are must haves for the PSP?