The Soon2Be Ex-Woodford Apprentoids Social Thread

Discussion in 'Northern England UK' started by Darth_MacDaddy, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish!! The fun I would have, jeez, they'd never let me back on TF.N!!

I was just saying it for the sake of it

Becoming a bit of a poster master Rods 166 posts and counting, and all on one thread :p Good stuff

Yak yak!
  2. Johan_Solo Jedi Knight

Whats the fastest download speed anyones had? cos i just had an insanely fast download, i mean a full film in under 1 minuite peaking at a speed of 6843K !!
  3. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    A film in under a minute ?[face_plain] Can't have been that long!!

7MB download - thats pretty quick :p I can get 576KB at home, and thats pretty fast to me.
  4. Johan_Solo Jedi Knight

when i played it i found it was only half the film and it was animated so it doesnt use as much disk space as a normal one, it was still 1.2 gigabytes though
  5. oscar Jedi Knight

star 1
    hello all, long time no type....

just got back in off the sick, had the apendix out, two nice weeks off work. nice.

getting back up to the hectic speed of woodford at the moment, sat in the l'n d.

any news on the christmas do anyone???
  6. oscar Jedi Knight

star 1

[image=http://uttarakhand.hypermart.net/wallpapers/images2/37.jpg]
  7. long-mong Jedi Knight

star 1
    some people are out on saturday.....
  8. oscar Jedi Knight

star 1
  9. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    Oscar lad, good to hear from you ;)

Nice pic :D

Sorry to hear about your appendix mate, but then you got time off work so it was good in the end. Wheres Phil, don't tell me he's having his done too!!

Christmas do seems to be taboo, no-one knows whats going on. [Hint]*Cough*[/Hint]
  10. oscar Jedi Knight

star 1
    phils still in there, we got a special offer,take two out for the price of one!!!!!!

only joking, he's not on the job, just lazy
  11. Still-Life Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello! I am back!

Nice to see that i am noticed. Good to hear from you dave! I am arranging our xmas doo so ill let all you lot know asap and you can come if you want. Recon a chinese in manchester, but not axons (cheap) chinky!

Guess what i turned upo to an apprentice association meeting today, they need a treasurer and had two candidates! I put me name down at the last min and won the vote!!!!

HA HA HA

what does a treasurer do? still time off the job hey!

Rodders and will. give me a bell! Billy wants a meeting or summt, and we need to change the details of the account into my name erm our years name, yes thats it.

What you been up to dave? Oscar has been skiving. good to have you back tho lad, and sarah!

oh well, I am back on the job tomm. see you in a bit

phil newall (treasurer)
  12. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    Madhead :D

Good to hear from you mate! Sounds like you two got a good deal out it!

You treasurer!! :eek: Get into Macc College and tell whoever teaches you Maths to move over, you don't need Maths tuition anymore!! It also gives you the right to swindel cash from the..... erm.... no I mean run a legit association!!! [face_blush] :D

If Mark Thornton is sat near either of you two ask him two questions for me:

1. Where the **** is my A&P Technician book!!

2. Where did he end up on Friday night [face_mischief] Shame on him!!!

May theforce.net be with you all, but not Mark till he answers my questions :p
  13. Still-Life Jedi Knight

star 1
    mark aint in work til next week, sorry cant help.

its nearly happy hour! I love it.

done all me sxmas shopping!! Fan bloody tastic! I beat the christmas cues as well by bying it all online. I am a clever bastard! And to save even more time and money, I did it during company time! Bill came in and caught me. He was about to give me a bollocking until he realised I bought him a microphone under the same cercumstances a few week back off ebay.

He turned around and walked out.
  14. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] Classic!! :D

Aye happy-hour, they were the days!! Finished nice and early today - 1.00, did have 4 hours of gruelling lectures and I'm trying to learn Java, but its solid!! So I'm surfing the net again, and talking to you of course Phil ;)

We must organise Snooker, I ain't played since the last time, I'm getting rusty and I need to extend my lead :p
  15. long-mong Jedi Knight

star 1
    *****...... absolutely *****.....

this meeting phil can take place and day except the following days as far as I am concerned....
    weds, thurs, fri next two weeks

not arsed when else but im not coming in on those days...... they b######s made me work to the 23% rule and so i have seen my arse being stuck in this awful place on xmas eve
  16. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    Ouch, Christmas Eve - the best booze-up of the year, and you've got the travelling.

Festive Spirit and rivet-guns don't go hand in hand!!
  17. long-mong Jedi Knight

star 1
    i wasnt best pleased either...... nevermind I have already said i wont be in until 10am and im going at 4pm at the latest.... normally let us have a half day tho!!

I just wanna escape from BAE
  18. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    I just wanna escape from BAE

It would probably be the best thing you could ever do!!

Get contracting, so when they **** you off you can turn round and say, "**** you ****head, take your ******* job and shove it up your arse!"

Oh the satisfaction!!!!
  19. Still-Life Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like it here!!!

We are all off on xmas eve and on jan the 2nd! I finish on wed afternoon (halfday) and I am back in on the sixth!!!! I couldnt stand being away tho so I am in for 5 days overtime between xmas and new year!! the deal is,

up to 5 days overtime,
    up to £300 bonus for working the overtime,
    time and a half,
    holidays back in lue next year,
    the pleasure of driving BAE forward!

fan-sodding-tastic!
  20. Still-Life Jedi Knight

star 1
    The cheaky ********!!! They come here and tell us we have to cut costs by 15% to survive beyond next year and they are paying people to think this sort of stuff up!!!!

This was on the BAE Intranet.

BAE SYSTEMS - Upper and Lower Case

As a result of the project we have recently undertaken to refresh our brand identity, we have evolved a number of elements, including the use of our company name.

The BAE Systems name should now be used as follows:

BAE SYSTEMS must always be written in CAPITALS within headlines, headings, sub-headings
    BAE SYSTEMS must always be written in CAPITALS within the positioning statement

However,

BAE Systems may now be written in upper and lower case within the body of all copy or text
    BAE Systems may now be written in upper and lower case in the bullet points of a presentation

But,

BAE Systems should never be abbreviated in any way
    ?Systems? should never be written with a small ?s?
  21. Johan_Solo Jedi Knight

Ha Ha i have escaped, ill see you all at christmas
  22. long-mong Jedi Knight

star 1
    i can imaagine tht being quite satisfying..... how many people have told them to stuff their jobs up their arse in the last 4 years?? aprentoid wise i mean
    and can u name them all
  23. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    Too true Rods.

The problem when your at BAE is that you think its the be-all and end-all, but in fact its not - compared to the equivalent American companies its small peanuts! And in the wider Engineering world its even smaller. Plus comparatively speaking the pay is dire!

But then again it is comfortable, so its whatever floats your boat.
  24. long-mong Jedi Knight

star 1
    You forgot to mension how safe and secure our pension scheme is Dave......
  25. long-mong Jedi Knight

star 1
    I need tools...... and am interested in any of the following:

Atlas Copco drills (black & yellow type only)

Spanner set

Socket Set

and any stuff u can get that could be of use on a 146/RJ......

applications in writing or phone call to me please

also any stuff like a sofa, cooker, pans etc etc etc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.