main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Soon2Be Ex-Woodford Apprentoids Social Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Northern England UK' started by Darth_MacDaddy, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. long-mong

long-mong Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2003
    an acronym is when you use the first letter of each word and make it into word such as

NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Agency

2. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Thats what I thought actually, I knew I'd heard it somewhere.

You told anyone to **** off yet as its your last week? Take it all in, its a great feeling!!

3. long-mong

Sep 3, 2003
    ive not said it yet but i guess i will do

got a couple of people in mind

some real nobs at woodford..... most namely andy kibble, the green toothed gimp

4. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Nah, don't know him, sounds like a knob though!! Is he a gaffer, if so, he will be a knob!

Try and get caught surfing the web in company time, particularly if its Billy, he just becomes a walk over!!

Its great, they give you money to **** off, and give em ****!

5. oscar

oscar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2003
    hello all, not been on for a while...
    hows everyone doing??, whats all the talk of games on phones, no-one got anything better to do!?!?!

6. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Easy up oscar lad!

You a dad yet? Changing nappies and no sleep - I envy you! Nah seriously, good on you ;)

Games on phones ?[face_plain] I'm lost too with it, I just enquired about a site that Will went onto to get Pacman and other games, and it seems everyone is on to it. I ain't got a decent phone at the moment, but I'm due for an upgrade soon so will be taking part in it all. Any suggestions for a decent phone? Preferably Nokia.

Roll on Friday evening!! :D

7. oscar

Sep 2, 2003
    not quite dave, bout 2 weeks to go! everyone going on friday then??

8. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Not sure. I have forwarded my signature on the petition for Rodders' knighthood for services to BAE!!

9. WILL-of-The-Force

WILL-of-The-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2003
    A UP! How's everyone? The company owes us soooooo much money!

Hey Dave, i've just had an email off Ken Strutt! Remember him? The aliminium dude! :D

10. long-mong

Sep 3, 2003
    Bae has proper messed up mate. I went to get all my leaving forms signed. When I went to finance he had alot of queries about my overtime and holidays etc because no one at woodford hr had told him that we were on the four day shift and not the old five days...... this meant he had to do a load of different sums n changing stuff about so jst gotta wait til the 13th to see if he has done it right.... watch this space..... btw i told him who was on the four day shift now so u dnt need to contact pay dept!

Any news on jobs for you lot yet?

11. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Hey Dave, i've just had an email off Ken Strutt! Remember him? The aliminium dude!

[face_laugh] Thats gotta been a fake name!!! What d'you do e-mail him back and tell him we ain't interested?

Is Craig a father yet?

12. WILL-of-The-Force

WILL-of-The-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2003
    Any news on jobs for you lot yet?

Yeah we're just waiting for Exchanging or whatever they're called to process the contracts but we've not benn paid our 60 write up pay rise yet, or our travelling time for this year, or our petrol expenses since the middle of december! *****

What d'you do e-mail him back and tell him we ain't interested?

Nah, i think i might lead him on a bit and ask him for some more hefty quotes! :D

13. long-mong

Sep 3, 2003
    i dnt know wht rate ur on but i was told i was being paid the full amount which was £7.28 an hour or somewhere close...... the next rise is the pao rate which works out at 17k n a bit a year..... its terry kushner he is the main prob

14. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Nah, i think i might lead him on a bit and ask him for some more hefty quotes!

[face_laugh] Do it, but pretend to be someone new within the SATISS empire - a Mr S.C.Rotum or a Mr. Keith Burtons!!

15. Still-Life

Still-Life Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    We had a meeting the other day with the company.

The company did not show up!

B*st*rds!!!

we have been given 5 options,

1) stay at good old Wood, (my first choice obviously)
    2) Go to warton and salmsbury
    3) Go to Chester
    4) Change to a technical apprenticeship
    5) Take VR.

No one thought of keeping us at wood and changing our NVQ to suit the type of work we have here. THICK B*ST*RDS!!!!!!!!!

Snooker anyone???

16. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    I am amazed at your tone Phil, you should know by now that the company is ******* useless, and ultimately they couldn't give a flying **** about you all. Option number 5 is your best option and get into the real world where the options won't be 5 pathetic choices, but whatever you are wishing to make of it.

I'll play you at Snooker soon, I need to claim my championship! :p

17. oscar

Sep 2, 2003
    hi all,

not a dad yet dave, just under 2 weeks to go till the due date, but the first is normally late. (specially if it takes after me!!)

what great choices the company's given us, asked when we'd hear any results and they answered a totally different question. dicks.

hows uni dave, what jobs has everyone ended up with??

18. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Keep us posted about when the baby rears its head. You know if its a boy or a girl yet, or is it a surprise?

Unis good mate, first week back after exams is pretty easy going, you know; show up to lecture, pick up syllabus and course notes, go away, come back next week. So not surprisingly I'm playing a lot of pool!!

Btw, did you see the blues last night!! :D How the **** they did that I'll never know, you won't see a comeback like that for a long time!

19. long-mong

Sep 3, 2003
    if bae phoned u up a week after u had left saying u owed them £800 because they made a mistake would you:-

a) give it them back, appologise for their mistake n give them extra for their hardship.

b) laugh then go n hide.

c) get straight on the fone to the union and kick off, fax them the paper work then sit back n wait for a result hoping it will go ur way.

d)get on a plane 2 cuba!

now then now then answers on a postcard to

mr rodders
    rodders house
    cuba

oh yeh n well done city

20. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    FAO:
    mr rodders
    rodders house
    cuba

[face_laugh] Like it Rods!!

21. MONARCH-MONG

MONARCH-MONG Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    HA HA HA HA YOU OWE BAE MONEY. NOW THATS A FIRST IF EVER I HEARD ONE. IF ANYONE WAS GONNA DO IT, IT WAS RODDERS THOUGH HEY LAD.

I'LL JUST CARRY ON CHUCKLING BOUT THAT ONE.

22. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Easy Marc!

That e-mail you sent about the Vodka and the priest was quality! Still making me chuckle :D

23. Still-Life

Still-Life Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    excuse me dave!!! You have time off and go playing pool?!?!?! POOL?!?!?!?!

Its a game for gays and drunks!!!! Amd americans who cant play a real game!! Snooker, thats what you want lad!!!!

Mark! any chance of you sending me the address for the monarch training school???? I wont mention your name but I have decided to apply for everything, everywhere and try and get a career.

that goes for everyone. Anyone know of any job anywhere please let me know. Unless it involves any interaction with pikis. Cant do that. rather work down the gay village than that. well maybe not. anyway got to go. snooker to watch/play.

24. long-mong

Sep 3, 2003
    i thought that the snooker result was a good one didnt you phil??? come on hunter

25. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    I didn't have a problem with the snooker result, just Phils text message in the early hours of the morning telling me the result!!

Whats brought on the must-get-out-of-BAE attitude Phil? Had enough?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.