main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sound Bunker (Current Home)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DVeditor, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    "It's very legally possible, I just need help for it, Since I don't have a DVD-Rom reader, I can't read it."

how would you get sounds off a console game with a pc?

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
  3. artofwot

artofwot Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2003
    I've started to organize the first folder of Republic Commando sounds. It's actually pretty difficult, and so far all of my sounds have gone into the "Engine Loops" and "Other Folder".

It's difficult to tell whether all of the engine loops are actually engine loops, or whether they're just general inside ambience.

4. Dako

Dako Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I've sorted through all my saber clashes and changed the name of most of them into something like: Pew, Ksh, Ssh, Pshew, and other stuff like that. If anyone wants me to update the Saber Clashes with new names I can, but sometimes it gets confusing.

5. Dako

Jun 7, 2005
    Dropped through 5 pages.

6. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    for those of you who play jedi outcast, i've made a sound mod and it is located here:

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/REAL_Sounds;48655

7. Dako

Jun 7, 2005
    I don't have the game, but that's neat.

8. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    the sound design in the game is horrible, and i got sick of it, and tried to make the sounds more accurate to the movies.

9. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    [face_chicken] B,U,M,P,A,G,E.[face_chicken]

10. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    i think there's one blaster sound missing from my blaster collection. the ebon hawk canon. and bossibly the sound of the sith fighter canons, and i think the khoonda canons made a different sound in the cinematic fo the battle on dantooine in kotor2

11. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    Hey, I have hundreds (literally) of sounds, everything from blaster, to closing blast doors, to ship's fly overs, and Ideling.......Need 'em?

EDIT: WELL??????

12. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    if path of neo coming out on pc? if so, is there anybody who would be willing to extract the fighting sounds from it? and weapons too, it look like it's going to be pretty sword-heavy.

13. Dako

Jun 7, 2005
    Wow, this thread's dropped.

Anyway, here's a HUGE update to my Saber Clashes Library: Saber Clashes-by Dako

14. Dako

Jun 7, 2005
    Dropped again.

15. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    I apologize, I don't have time to read through the whole thread at the moment. Did anyone ever sort through and upload sounds of the Lego Star Wars game? I saw it mentioned on the first page and, seeing as I have it, I wouldn't mind sifting through them and picking out some good ones.

Only problem is, the sounds are saved as a DAT file. Anyone know how to open one of these to see the files? And, sorry again if this has already been addressed.

16. NinjaMuffin

NinjaMuffin Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2005
    Hi I'm new here.

First of all, many thank's for hosting these sounds, it's highly appreciated.

Second, regarding the Lego Star Wars sounds...yes, the sound effects are packed in a file called sfx.dat (if I remember correctly). I don't know of any tool that can extract them, I've tried a couple but without success. Most likely it's an in-house format created by the developer "Giant".

However, the demo version of the Lego Star Wars game for some reason contain uncompressed versions of the sound effects. It's not much (around 6MB, the full version sfx.dat is around 25 MB) but it's maybe something until a tool emerges that can handle the .dat format. If anyone is interested, I have these sounds on my HD, just let me know where to send them.

Finally, I have but one little suggestion/request for the layout of the sounds at "The Soundbunker": Is it possible to list the origin of all the sounds? This is not just a formidable source for fan filmmakers, but also for those involved in Star Wars related game modifications. I'm especially thinking about those sounds that seems to be "uncategorized" and there is no note on which source they came from (computergame etc). This might be a stupid question, but what does "SB" and "tfn" stand for in the directories "SB_Files" and "tfn_sounds"?

Anyways, to me it's pretty important to know the exact origin of the sounds, partly in order to sort out which sounds I have and not...but more importantly, in order to be able to give full credit and state exact origin whenever used.

Again, many thank's for this excellent source of sounds and to all involved in creating/supporting it. :)

Cheers

N

17. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004

you've got them extracted? could you send them to me? neo_mp5@hotmail

SB= sound bunker

TFN= theforce.net

18. NinjaMuffin

Dec 22, 2005
    Hi Neo_Mp5

I mailed you the sounds...as it's by hotmail, I've split them up. If you have any problems receiving them, just let me know which ones to re-send and I'll do so.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I'm guessing its pretty close to impossible to figure out the actual origins of these sounds now (which computergame, movie etc) or it would at least be too much work. Anyways, thank's for a great source and let me know if there are any probs with those LSW sounds. :)

Cheers

N

19. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    These are very helpful. Thanks to all involved.
    By the way, if you need help naming files or something, let me know.
    I want to help.

20. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    these sounds are fantastic. i've never been able to find the sound for han's blaster, but here it is, finally.

edit:

holy crap, and jango's blaster!

21. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    If one of you could send me the files I'll add them up there. It would be most appreciated. :)

NinjaMuffin - Welcome to TFN! As for the original locations of the files, most of them are from various video games even dating back to the original Jedi Knight and things from that era. If you have questions about a specific set of files please let me know!

22. NinjaMuffin

Dec 22, 2005
    DVeditor,

Thank you! :)

If you're talking about the Lego Star Wars Demo files, I can send them to you, but I can't seem to find a e-mail adress in your profile? Please feel free to PM me with your e-mail and I'll send them to you ASAP if you want.

Thank's for the offer. ATM, I'm not sure but I'll be sure to contact you if I have any questions.

Regarding the origin of the sounds and sounds from computergames: The games Jedi Academy and X-Wing Alliance have a lot of soundeffects in them. However, I'm not sure if these are already included among your SB, TFN or unsorted categories of sounds?

Anyways, I've "ripped" all the soundeffects from these games and have them ready as well if you are interested.

Cheers

N

23. NinjaMuffin

Dec 22, 2005
    Btw...there is some music in the Lego Star Wars Demo as well. I'm not sure how it differs from the music in the full game, but there are some interesting tracks.

There are 4 tracks of high quality music and 1 track with mixed in ambience sound. These are however larger in size (from around 14 to 27 MB).

N

24. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Many thanks for those sounds NinjaMuffin! I uploaded them to the server and they are now available for download here.

If anyone has anything like this (or anything else from Star Wars Lego as well) please feel free to drop me a PM or make a note here and I'll see what I can do about getting them hosted. :)

25. neo_mp5

Feb 21, 2004
    i think the only blaster sound i don't have now is the silver naboo blaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.