main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Southern Nevada Fan Force is Growing!

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by Talon_Wolfe, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I would like to inform all of you about an up and coming chapter of the fan force: the Henderson Fan Force! This new chapter is arising out of the desires of the Henderson fans for their own group:

1. Henderson is its own ciy.
    2. Meetings/events would be closer.
    3. There is an existing group of 6-12+ people that have been meeting once a week and having periodic events for over five years. They (we) are all Henderson based. You may have seen many of us in costume at Episode 2!
    4. Having two Fan Force Chapters in Southern Nevada will only mean a stronger presence.
    5. A sense of belonging to something special that is their own, and yet part of something larger that is the Global Fan Force.

None of the existing Henderson crowd (myself, Moka, GersonSith) that has posted on this board wish to create any bad feelings, nor do we want you to think that this new chapter is arising out of bad feelings on our part. Not at all, and quite the contrary, in fact; we hope to be able to maintain the good connections we have made with all of you.

Thank you for receiving us on your board! I, for one, will not be a stranger. You will see the Henderson Fan Force soon!

Talon Wolfe

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Congrats to the Henderson FF. I'd love to see years of cooperation and co-events, and also local events. We're all fans, and here to have fun and enjoy our common love of SW.

With that said, congrats to both LV and Henderson. What a great time to be a fan!!!

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Hey, Congrats Talon_Wolfe!

It seems you allready got a nice Fan Force going. Not too shabby!

I hope that, when both our Fan Forces are up and running, members from either of our clubs will be welcome at activities of the other Fan Force. We will welcome anyone, and hope we will be welcomed by yours.

Again, congratulations, and I think this will just make our respective Fan Forces greater than we had hoped.

4. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I can understand your desire to form your own chapter but wouldn't make more sense to have one larger club than two little ones? we can change meeting places from time to time to make it more convienient for some members at some times. If we are fractured all over the valley we wont be as strong.

I really think we should all be one group.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Darth Wraith,

I don't look at Henderson having its own Fan Force as a fracture. I feel that there will be benefits from having two chapters in the valley- variety being the main one. I am sure each of our chapters will have different strengths, and as sister cities, this can only be complementary. Besides, the Henderson Fan Force members are very excited about having their own thing.

In any case, Vegas Fan Force will only be losing me. I am the primary one who posted often on your board. A couple of my Henderson friends had just started to, but I think they only had about 1 post each. Hopefully, losing me is not a big fracture. If anything, you are gaining more friends in neighboring Henderson!

In a different post by myself, I mentioned not wanting bad feelings. This is genuinely the case. The Vegas Fan Force is always welcome at our stuff! I look forward to devoloping friendships with you guys.

Talon (I promise my real name is not Dooku) :)

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    MoronDude,

Thanks for those words and the invite! As our sister chapter, you guys are always welcome at the stuff we do. Just PM me that you want to come, then I will know to look for you, and I can give you specific directions.

Here is some more info:

http://fanforce.net/usa_southwest/index.shtml

Our Henderson Board is up, too. Feel free to stop by and say Hi.

Talon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.