main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "The Spectres of War" (Post-ROTJ AU - H/L, Luke, Mara, Wedge, everyone) Update 04/03/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    Ah, so our CorSec agents are finally given identities! I've said it before, but it's so cool to see familiar faces in slightly different roles. :)

I'm sure Isard's promise to Ethan has something to do with eliminating Mara. Devil, indeed. But now I'm worried about exactly how much trouble Luke, Han and Chewie are about to be in.

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    ?Kid?? Han and Chewie paused as well.

?I?ve got a bad??

Han pointed at him sharply, ?Don?t you say it.?

[face_laugh] :p

Wonderful update!! =D= :cool: Enjoyed the Han and Luke interaction the most, cause those two are my favorites. [face_love] ;) Brilliant characterization of them all coupled with such excellent writing. That cliffie at the end... [face_worried]
    Looking forward to more! [face_dancing] [:D]

3. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I love this story!=D= Please put me on your PM list, please?

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper interactions between Han and Luke...

=D=

Loved Talon meeting Leia -- Talon is one cool dude. :)

And the ending -- long live the queen of evil cliffies.

[face_dancing]

[:D]

5. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Uh oh - whats' happening? Tionne and Streen?
    And who's the mysterious man who want to meet Luke (as I suppose Luke is 'the Jedi')?
    Great to see Karrde again! [face_batting]

6. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Karde is always a welcome introduction. And Mara, of course. Knew she'd have to be in there somewhere.

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    divinerose - Thankies! Corran is such a hotty. [face_blush] Gotta have him in here! :D And you're not far off with Isard and Ethan... but of course more evil is yet to come. [face_whistling] As for the trio... come on, it's them... how bad can it be? [face_batting]

DaenaBenjen42 - This is indeed!! :D And if you like Iella and Corran... then don't miss the next installment. ;)

dancing_star - Han and Luke are so awesome together, they banter so well... almost like Laurie and Hardy... LOL! :D And yep, and even more cliffies to come! :D But dont' worry... I won't kill anyone off... probably... :confused:

Golden_Jedi - Welcome!! [:D] Added! :D

Jade_eyes - Talon is definately one cool customer and he'll have some great lines coming up... ;) :cool: And you think this ending is evil... [face_whistling] [face_devil]

kataja - Let's just say that Streen's words are going to come back and bite someone in the butt... [face_whistling] As for the man, you'll know him when you see him. :D [face_batting]

Darth_Marrs - Karde and Mara will have a slightly different relationship in this fic from Zahn's use, but I think Karde will be as cool as always. :cool: ;) :D

Update will be soon, my weekends are Tues/Wens and so I get a lot of bulk work done on those days.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Finally got the chance to read!

Great chapters! =D=

?Plenty,? the woman shot back, ?but I don?t feel like losing my job today.?
    ?I would find it quite inconvenient,? Karrde replied dryly.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Loved that!

I had completely forgotten about Streen until you started describing him! Again, I love how you are getting all these characters in!

Uh oh, Luke and his bad feelings! [face_worried]

I"m looking forward to more!

9. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    mavjade - Streen is awesome, a bit underused and under appreciated if you ask me. :D and yes, Luke's feelings are always getting them into trouble... :p

Sorry for delay on this! Hope you enjoy!@};-

Chapter Seven

?Check our ident cards,? his partner stared down the man that was easily two heads taller than she was.

?Doesn?t matter,? the guard crossed his arms, ?no one is getting in with any weapons, including Corellian Security detectives who aren?t on the duty roster for this event.?

?Iella,? Corran put his hand on her shoulder before further incident occurred, ?man?s just doing his job. Give him your pistol.?

She gave him a sour look, but eventual pulled the CDF pistol out of its holster, giving it to the guard and accepting a chip so she could collect it on her way out.

?Thank you, sir,? Corran nodded to the man as he let them pass.

He could have broached the subject with her, harangued her, or made a joke, but he just let it go. The woman didn?t go very far without her pistol on her, not since her husband died four years ago.

?Why you so interested in politics all of a sudden anyway?? she asked him as they headed into the main third-floor foyer, the area a mass of beings.

He kept eyeing everyone, a feeling of apprehension now falling over him. ?Just got a feeling is all.?

?Oh great,? she grimaced, ?your gut is going to be the death of me, you know.?

?You?re exaggerating,? he laughed.

?Last year,? she pointed her finger at him, ?on Drall??

Corran paused, ?I apologized for that... and your hair grew back...?

?Where are you?? the voice bellowed but he had the presence of mind to turn the volume down. So far the men climbing up the path hadn?t noticed their tail, despite him wearing a black coat in the snow.

?Tracking some suspicious individuals who are travelling up Path N-34,? he replied quietly.

?I didn?t hire you as a security guard,? his boss gruffed, ?get yourself back to the shed.?

?You should get the guards out here to check on this,? he remained calm to his employee?s ire, ?three unknowns, camouflage, and large duffels make for suspicious circumstances.?

There was a groan, ?Probably mystery date of one of the famous beings up on that side of the mountain.?

?Doesn?t read that way to me,? he replied crisply.

?And you would know this how?? the man had him there.

?Just,? he sighed, ?let me track them to their destination to determine the nature of the visit.?

?What? And get on some Senator?s bad side for invasion of privacy??

He ignored his boss as he watched one of the men slip on a slick spot and tumble sideways. The other men tensed up, one even yelped, but they eased as the fallen man stood back up, adjusting his pack. He?d seen this kind of behaviour before...

?Fire me if you want,? he called into the comm, ?but something isn?t right, I?m going to find out what.?

?Solusar!? the name was shouted but he cut the comm. Lousy job anyway.

?This way,? Corran led his partner around a bend in the hall to the clerk offices that lined the side of the man court room.

Wordlessly he stopped and pressed against the wall, Iella following suit. He watched as the men he?d been following, bags flung over their shoulders, stopped at one of the doors, their eyes darting around to see if they were noticed.

Corran had this uncanny ability to be invisible when he wanted to and the three slipped into the office without so much as a second glance in his direction.

?Want to explain what?s going on here?? she whispered beside him.

?Three humans,? he replied, ?sneaking around the building when most of the major political players of the sector are here. I don?t like it.?

?Corran,? she sighed, ?there are security guards and checkpoints everywhere.?

?Guards can be bought and scanner?s tricked,? he debated moving forward, but his body refused to move and he simply kept watch.

Iella gestured back into the foyer, ?What did you see that all the other guards misse

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update and great action and pacing. =D=
    Enjoyed Iella and Corran and Kam Solusar looking into the terrorists -- they picked up on subtle clues and hints; Corran by training, Kam by just being alert.
    Interesting that there are two theories as to the actual target: Kam's scene makes it look like the Hapans -- while Han and Luke think it's the NR cabinet and the Chancellor [face_thinking]

It's very frustrating that they can't evacuate or disarm the device in time. [face_frustrated]

11. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Excellent, exciting update!! =D= So very well-written as always. :) @};-?Rerouting from Metro,? a voice came back, ?comms have gone down in the senate.?

?Metro will take several minutes!?

It may already be too late Luke feared, ?We need to get there, now.?

?We?re going but Mothma?s office is on the other side of the complex,? Han gruffed as they started to move towards the entryway, ?by the time we navigated the complex and what security is still in place...?

?It would be too late,? he knew it, he just did, but then something clicked and a plan came into place. ?I got an idea.?

Wonder what it is. [face_thinking] I just hope it works! [face_worried]
    Great job!!
    [:D]

12. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    Kam! :D You just keep on bringing in the original Academy students! Who's next - Gantoris? :p

13. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    "What are you going to do??

?Something stupid,?

That's plain language. :p

Corran, Kam... they're slowly brought in, aren't they? :D

14. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Well looks like the fit hit the shan, huh?

15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    His gut tugged, both men were wrong, ?Or if you want a distraction.?

?Distraction?? the other two men said in unison.

?That makes sense,? Han glanced around, ?you?re all focused over here on this side of the complex.?

That it does... uh-oh... [face_worried]

Good update. :)

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yikes, all those bombs. I hope they can contain the damage and loss of life.

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Nice action scenes! I can't wait for the next chapter! =D=

18. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes - The Jedi just kick butt.. that's a given. :p :D and yep, lots of stuff going on, lots of targets... very frustrating for everyone, but hey, it's them. ;) :p :D

dancing_star - oh you know Luke... he's got a plan, everything will work out... ;) hopefully... :p

divinerose - hehehehe, I am... and I was thinking about Gantoris... so we shall see... ;) [face_whistling]

kataja - yep, slowly but surely... ;) :D

Darth-Marrs - Just a tad... [face_worried]

DaenaBenjen42 - uh-oh indeed! :( :D

RebelMom - Yeah, going to have some big booms coming up... but we got some familiar faces on the case. ;) :D

Golden_Jedi - And it's just beginning... ;)

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Another awesome update! Sorry it took me so long to review!

Kam and Corran! :D :D

Wow, bombs and more bombs! 8-} Let the craziness ensue!

I can't wait for more!

20. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    So glad I found this just when the action is starting to pick up.

?What are you going to do??

?Something stupid,?

Yeah, that's Corran. :D

?I got an idea.?

I love hearing this since the crazy before idea is simply implied. 8-}

Great work as always. If you're send out update PMs it would be appreciated.

21. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Maybe I should just ask that you PM me for when any of your fics are updated. They ALL rock! :) Very cool. Are there multiple targets, perhaps? Or maybe an interconnected set of buildings with a bomb placed at a weak point that conjoins them all a ways down into the lower levels?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.