main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The SPILL thread!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I spill stuff on myself. A lot. Coffee, lattes, diet coke, salsa, miscellaneous food... you name it.

This thread is devoted to chronicle spilling. If you spill, post here. Extra point if you stain your shirt or some other clothing.

I will start:

Spilled salsa on my pants today. Right near the place you don't want to ever spill anything because it will look like you peed your pants. This was at lunch time, I still had 4 more hours of work to go.

WooT!

2. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    friday I was playing with a water bottle and spilled water all over my crotch. Yes, I was at work.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Later on Friday, I spilled Latte in my truck onto the floor. Luckily, my truck has vinyl floors.

4. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    my wife (yeah right) dropped a closed soda can on the kitchen floor and it exploded sending soda and fuzz in a wide-tall arch that spread like an elegant peacock tail towards the ceiling and walls.

it sucked.

5. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I was having band practice today and i accidentally kicked over my vanilla coke...oopsie.

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    also yesterday i was hangin out with some of my friends and they were eating del taco...i wasn't cause i didn't ahve any money at the time so i was just suckin on some del scorcho sauce....well i squeezed the package before i had it all the way in my mouth and got a nice gob of it on my white shirt i was wearing.

7. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    At work I dropped the pitcher of the Strawberry liquid stuff and it hit the sink, the top came off, and the liquid jumped out in an arc (similar to the soda story mentioned earlier) it the ceiling, and came cascading down upon my head, intertwining with the gel in my hair, and all over the back of my white shirt. Luckilly none got on my Apron, cause that would suck to get stuff on my apron, since thats what its for! That was 1 hour into an 8 hour shift. I was not happy.

Anyway, later that night I was talking with a customer that hadn't been to Starbucks in a while and he had never heard of the Strawberries and Cream drink, so I made him one and as he was getting his money out I said, "don't worry, it's on me today" and the customer behind him chuckled and said "Yeah, literally". I chuckled with him, but not really like "yeah thats funny" sort of chuckle, it was more like "I'm cussing at you in my head" sort of chuckle. That was 3 hours into an 8 hour shift. I was still not happy.

8. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    The other day on my way to work I spilled coffee on my tie. Big brown stain on it. Either I had a 45 min drive back home to change or just live with it so I stuck it out. Luckily I was able to postpone all client appointments until the next day.

9. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    i only drink water at work, so i don't care if i spill things on myself. its a good thing too, because i have a severe drinking problem. more water gets on me than in me.

10. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    did you people consider that you may have spilling disorders?

11. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    seriously guys...

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Darkstar, that was a great spill!

13. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Yeah everyone at work thought so too.

14. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    ok, although this wasnt liquid, i stil qualify it for this spilling thread because of the extreme stupidity of the situation.

keep in mind, sometimes the simplest of plans are the are the ones that go the most horribly wrong.

So the idea was that my wife and i were going to rent a movie from Blockbuster on a sunday night. - simple

All I had to do is walk in, get a movie (Spartan, starring Val Kilmer), and pay for it.

So every thing was going well until I arrived at the checkout counter; found the movie, was first in line, had the blockbuster card a gift card for 5 bucks.

So I walk up to the counter and place the movie on the conter video staging area, the guy says, "blockbuster card", - i give it too him, in the transfer of hands it falls to the floor in front of me just by the counter.

"Oh", i say and give the guy my gift card and i try to bend my fat butt over to pick up the blockbuster card. Me being a round man..bending over is an olympic sized difficulty...in my attempt i accedentallly kick the BBC (blockbuster card) right under the big 'ol unmovable counter. ACK!

"No worries", the guy says amid soft giggles from the people waiting behind me. I give him my telephone number and stuff so he can search for me in the database.

"That'll be 4.08" , he says and attepts to give me back the gift card. (It seems I have to swipe it in the card swiper in front of me). In the hand off it drops and gets lost In a slit that belongs to part of the counter, turns out to be a breathing slot for the computer contained in the counter itself. at this point there are little random jokes being offered by the ever growing line that isnt being dented by the other counter. Now that other blockbuster worker is occasionally looking over to see what the ruckas is about. At this point im thinking someone else should come up and take a little load off the line behind me.......but no.

With a sympathetic grin the Blockbuster guy says, "um uh, i cant get that". After that his expression changes cause he sees this customer's face go from slight embarrassment to slight annoyance. I was pissed!! BB card gone and now I cant use my gift card???

"Why cant you get it", i ask.

"The container the computer is in is locked by the tech guys, we cant mess with it".

"Can you get your manager?", i ask.

"Shes not here right now", he says sympatheticly.

"Well where is she?", i ask.

"Where's (manager's name)?"

The other guy says, "She left for an emergancy"

"So no one else has the key?", i ask..now getting impatiant. I say a short prayer for patience.

"Nope."

I say a longer prayer.

"Well look", I say, "How about you just give me credit for the card since ive never used it. It was a 5 dollar gift card."

He looks to the other worker across the way who is giving faces of, "Hey dood, whats going on over there..the line is getting long man." The guy in front of me says , "Um, i dont know if....i can do that. Hey (insert name of blockbuster worker here), can i give him store credit?"

The other worker says,"Yeah, do you know how to do it?"

"Nope"

OK, now the other guy is over in front of me, further holding up the line. Hes there for about 3 mins typing away till i say, " Look, I'll just pay for it with my credit card.

I could've sworn I heard someone say, "Oh no".

Worker number 2 says, "No well take care of you dood, what was the card?"

"It was an unused 5 dollar gift card"

"How much was on it?"

"Five dollars".

"Ok, the rental was 4.08, Ill give you cradit for 4.08"

I was fine with that so I said nothing..I'll pay 52 cents to get out of here as fast as i can.

"Ehem" someone in the LONG line said impatiently.

"Hey dood, go take the other register. I got it here."

"Thanks", says one of the other people waiting.

Beep

"hmmph" he says.

Beep

"hummph", he says.

"whats wrong?" I ask.....I was soo ready to go.

"Dood, it's not letting me".

I ended up paying with my credit card cause the manager was the only one with the privledges to do s

15. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    yeah, i didn't like that movie much either. that sucks about your 5$

16. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Holy cow, dude, that sucks, plus I can totally relate. I drop little things all the time, you just had the unfortunate luck to be dropping things in inaccessable places... my condolences.

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Y'know this thread must be good luck. I spill stuff all the time, but since this thread has been open, I haven't had a single spill to report.

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmmmm... in North Dakota, I spilled coke down my freshly laundered shirt as I took a drink. However, something magical happened: the coke beaded up and stayed on my shirt rather than sink into (and stain) the cloth. I was able to quickly mop it up with a napkin, and no one was the wiser.

Perhaps this thread does have powers!

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I spilled blood on a teenager today.

20. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    hehe, that sounds like fun, eh? i bet it was.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    It was fun. I also spilled vomit on their shirt after I made them stick it in their mouth.

22. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    wow. that's pleasant...

23. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    When we were playing the creepy halloween RPG at Denny's, I totally spilled my Dr. Pepper all over the table. My plan of action... use the 6 napins I had at my disposal and make a dam, then pile the dishes on top of the mess so the waitress wouldn't notice. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.