"The Spiritplane"(A Jedi Apprentice fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wycil, Sep 24, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
    He must be a true Jedi to feel compassion towards a hungry animal, and not concentrate on his fear. He sure handled it better than killing it, since he got it to run home. Can't wait for more.....
  2. Wycil Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey,I´ve started writitng that long post for this story for many times but I can´t seem to get it started,sorry but I´ll build the ideas and get it starting.But I´ll say no more waiting for Qui-Gon because he´s coming back to the storyline with a vengeance.Pretty corny huh?
  3. Gaeriel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Go ahead and take your time. It will be a nice treat when it's ready.... So, Qui-Gon will come back with a vengeance....can't wait!
  4. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    We're here whenever you're ready......
  5. Durga2000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just checking to see if one of my favorite stories has any more posts.......
  6. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi. Just checking.....and wishing, too.
  7. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, our author must be out doing Christmas shopping.... Let's push it back to the top!
  8. Durga2000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Please come back, oh master story writer!!! Don't leave us hanging!!! Must have more story!
  9. Master Peael Jedi Knight

star 1
    [pooh bear-ish] Helllloooooo Ouuuuut Theeerreeee???!! {/pooh bear-ish]

I'm looking for more of this... I thought that after being away for a month I could find more...... sigh.... redface.gif (
  10. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    I believe in the sun when it is not shining.
    I believe in love even when I am alone.
    I believe in God even when he is silent.

I believe Wycil will post....
  11. Gaeriel Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is one of my favorite stories, and I miss it. Please, please, write more!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
    I heard that writers sometimes have to take a break from their work to help their creativity. I hope yours will be over soon. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Master Peael Jedi Knight

star 1
    okay Celes what is that from??

I believe in the sun when it is not shining.
    I believe in love even when I am alone.
    I believe in God even when he is silent.

I know it's a song... I get little snatches of tune and I know I know it but it's driving me NUTS!!
    could someone tell me what it's from??

[This message has been edited by Master Peael (edited 02-03-2000).]
  14. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    That saying was on a poster that a good friend gave me several years ago. It had the black silhouette of a person sitting on a mountain overlooking a sunset. Sorry, it didn't give the author's name. The poster is gone now, but the thought has always stayed with me. I'm glad you liked it.
  15. Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Master

star 1
  16. Durga2000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wonder if Wycil had a fire at his house or something. Since Thanksgiving, I've known two people who have had fires and all the electronics were ruined by smoke damage. If that's the case, our prayers are with you.
  17. Gaeriel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Like Horton in the Dr. Seuss book, I wait patiently for the next post. "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. A Wycil fan is faithful 100%!!!!!!

Through the gold and brown colors of harvests time, and through the long gray winter mouths, I wait. "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant... I'm a faithful fan, 100%!!!
  18. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's nice to finally be able to post on this story again. Please, how about another post. We haven't forgotten you, we just couldn't post for a while and then I couldn't find it. Up!
  19. Sauja-Dupen Jedi Knight

star 3
    None of them seem to work.

Any news?

20. sh4rk Jedi Padawan

Sauja-
    I haven't been having any problems connecting to EZboard.

Maybe you should try again?
  21. Sauja-Dupen Jedi Knight

star 3
    what URL are you using. I tried http://pub3.ezboard.com/fswvideoswvideo http://pub3.ezboard.com/fswvideoswvideo and http://server5.ezboard.com/fswvideoswvideo http://server5.ezboard.com/fswvideoswvideo

both no go.

Can you ping either of those and give me the IP address?

T.I.A.

Sauja

22. vinxte Jedi Padawan

I can't use them either. EZ says it might be
    the new voice message thing and that if you
    turn it off in your preferences that should
    help, but it hasn't helped me...
  23. Rogue Thunder Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been able to load ezboard fine - even with the Voice Messenger activated in my account. confused.gif
  24. sh4rk Jedi Padawan

Sauja-

The URL I alwasy use to go to the board is one of the ones you posted: http://pub3.ezboard.com/fswvideoswvideo http://pub3.ezboard.com/fswvideoswvideo
  25. JaysDicta Jedi Knight

Hi folks,

Here's my deal... I and a crowd of likeminded individuals are in the process of writing a script for a fan film. The common link we share is a love of SW and in particular, the games Xwing Vs. Tie Fighter / Xwing Alliance. Having that particular focus, we thought it would be neat to develop a film which focussed more on that starfighter element than on lightsaber duels and whatnot.

So... my questions are these:

(1) Where could I find some beginner's tutorials on modelling and animation in 3D?

(2) What programs would be required for some top-notch rendering of starfighter animations? I've got a little experience in POVray and MORay, but darned if I can do anything like I see (cite: Star Wras). The concept is easy enough for me: using camera movement to simulate ship movement; using background BMPs versus rendering local objects like planets, etc.

(3) Related: How would one go about frame-grabbing from within a game? Example: Someone "scripts" a starfighter furball within the game. Can those frames of in-game animation be grabbed, in any way, and then compressed into a movie? What hardware / software would I be looking at in this case?

Thanks in advance... the 3D animation/rendering questions intrigue me more than number (3)... I'm finding Axogon's learning curve to be high enough as it is, I'll post another question or 10 in the Theatre forum about that.

*S* and regards,

JaysDicta
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.