main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The spoiler and TRAILER free club!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm still resisting. Once I decided I wasn't going to see it, it wasn't that hard. I made a run for the consession stand during the previews before Ice Age and have the trailer downloaded on my computer butI'm still holding out.

2. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I find your lack of spoilers disturbing. 8-}

3. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I've weakened and I'm now about 50% spoiled for AOTC. But at least I've got one more movie to avoid spoilers for. I'm not gonna watch or read ANYTHING about Episode III before it comes out. Honest :)

4. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I can't believe there's still people who have held out this long and haven't even seen the trailers. [face_shocked]

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just amazed at the willpower. ;)

5. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Hi there again again :p

I am still holding out :)

Anyone else?

I am looking SO much forward to the first screening, although it won't be until june 2nd or after.

My imagination is all over the place :eek:

DD

6. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ... [face_mischief] you are the last one... watch the trailer...watch the trailer... [face_mischief] ...

7. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

:eek:....must endure.... must endure.... :eek:

8. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    No he is not the last one. I haven't seen the Trailer. Teasers, yes. But no trailer!

9. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    I haven't seen trailer D either. Keep the faith.

10. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I've seen all the trailers, the only one I regret is seeing Clone Wars. I really wish I hadn't seen it. The other three don't show anything compared to Clone Wars.

Just my opinion

11. Jeremiah_Bullfrog

Jeremiah_Bullfrog Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    It did have more "goodies" in it than the other trailers, but that one also got me completely psyched for it. I'm sure those of you who remain strong will be very pleased by the payoff come May 16th...

12. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

"Strong am I in the Force, but not that.....hold on: Yes I AM that strong :p"

DD

13. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    "I'm not gonna watch or read ANYTHING about Episode III before it comes out. Honest"

Yes, I say that as well, but I completely doubt that's gonna happen. ;)

14. Darth Fierce

Feb 6, 2000
    The only concern I have now is, what are they going to show at the Celebration? Am I wasting my effort on this if I'm gonna be "forced" to watch the trailer at the Celebration anyway?

15. Raincitygirl

Raincitygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I'm not going to the Celebration, so it's a non-issue. I have actually seen all the trailers, but I have only watched each one once or twice, and not lately. I know a lot of people have watched the trailers obsessively, dissecting every shot in an effort to glean more info. I'm not like that. I don't want to see the trailers so much that I know them off by heart. Which is why I won't be watching them again before I see the movie.

16. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

It's so exciting, I am TOTALLY in ....

in...

in...

well something :p

DD

17. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

KNIMBLEKNIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    After staying away from the Fox broadcast and walking out of the theatre during the trailers before Ice Age, I almost gave in. I figured I would download the Clone Wars trailer just so I could view it after May 16th. Took about two quick half-second glances - some amazing images starting burning in my mind before I snapped out of my trance and managed to get away. That was close.

18. Darth Fierce

Feb 6, 2000
    Whoa, close call!

Stay strong!

I walked out during the trailers to E.T. just in case. I was told they didn't show the AOTC trailer, but I missed Sarah Michelle Gellar in a bikini. :(

The sacrifices!!!

19. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

LOL Darth Fierce, "the sacrifices", Well I actually don't see them as sacrifices, as what we will get instead is far grander :)

Don't succumb to the alluring face of trailers, you will only regret it, and if you know you will regret it, why do it in the first place ?

DD

20. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I don't know how you guys do it?!?

I am gonna do my best for E3, but...

21. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000
    If you want to stay free, just start saying to yourself everyday, several times a day, if possible, "I am spoiler and trailer free for ep III"

Then you will see how you won't do it, that is succumb to the feeling of wanting to see the trailers :)

DD

Edit: missed an I in the "ep III" thingy :p

22. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Dude, you are the man. I have been spoiled beyond belief. When ep 1 came around I'd sday I knew 10% of the movie. Whith ep 2 I'd say I'm up to 15 to 20%! WAY too much! And trailers add to that (as well as drive up the hype) My answer is the REAL fans, don't need to be hyped...I'm hyped all the time, all three or 16 years between films!
    I want to join your club for ep 3! Either that or find a way to watch the trailers like right before you go in the theater- that way you have no time to speculate!

23. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

The club for EpIII will be up The moment that the board has been made for it. So don't sweat it, you have time (for the last time I might add) to go into a theatre and see a SW movie without having the slightest clue (with exception to the title, and your own speculation from Ep I+II) what it will be about.

So don't fret it :)

DD

24. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ok, I see what are stating and it sounds good, but not seeing the trailers at ALL, damn that will be hard! But we owe it to the greatest set of films ever I guess...for the exception of....oh I won't say it.

25. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    You all don't know how insanely jealous I am of you right now.

I'm thinking I might be joining you for III. Maybe not as hardcore as no trailers, but definitely nothing near how spoiled I am for AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.