main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The spoiler and TRAILER free club!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    You all don't know how insanely jealous I am of you right now.

I'm thinking I might be joining you for III. Maybe not as hardcore as no trailers, but definitely nothing near how spoiled I am for AOTC.

2. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

rayrayray, what movie(s)could you possibly be talking about ?[face_plain]

Stay in there fellas it's bound to be worth the effort

DD

3. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    theres only one thing i am minorly minorly spoiled on, and thats me reading the soundtrack titles..i hope they rnt bad :(

4. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Luckily I didn't get the soundtrack for TPM, until after the viewing. Imagine the spoiler "Quigon's noble end" Catastrophic ehh?

DD

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I both admire and am very envious of some of you right now. I gave into spoiler temptation way too easily (I usually have better willpower than that), and right now I wish I was just as clueless as you guys are. :) The idea of seeing AotC totally fresh, with no preconceptions whatsoever... wow.

I don't know about the trailers, but I'm definitely going spoiler-free for the next episode. I'll wear out my TPM and AotC DVDs, I'll absorb myself in another fandom so I won't be anywhere near spoilers, anything to ease up the strain of a three-year dry spell. ;) I'll go spoiler-free, and consider viewing the trailers a reward for being able to make it that far. :)

6. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

so another 34 days (approximately) of staying spoiler and trailer free....

...and we are doing fine :)

DD

7. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

A little help:

what should the new club for ep III be called?

The same name:

The spoiler and TRAILER free club!

or something different like:

The lodge for the trailer and spoiler free

Give me some input plz

DD

8. Mercilor

Mercilor Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    Yeah, I'll definitely be spoiler free for episode three; I'm regretting spoiling myself for AotC. =/

As for the club name:

"No spoilers. No trailers. No smelly ewoks."

...ok maybe I'm not too good at this naming thing =P

9. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Right, and we thank yoda....... for the inspiring suggestions he put up :p

DD

10. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

KNIMBLEKNIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Order of the Trailer and Spoiler Free

11. Darth Mace

Darth Mace Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wow! You wouldn't believe how spoiler free I am right now! First off, I haven't been to TFN since I can't remember when. Seriously, it's got to be coming up on two years since I came to this site. With that in mind, I have a lot to get off my chest, so this will be long!!

I'm so unspoiled that the pictures at the top of this page are new to me! I literally don't know anything...well, almost. I left TFN about a two years ago because I was afraid of spoilers...and I mean my own definition of spoilers...if it's officially released to the public (i.e. pictures, trailers, soundtracks, etc.) then it means that it is actual things that will really be in the film and I don't wanna see it. The only reason I came back here is because I saw some things that I didn't want to see, but more on that in a moment.

But anywho, if anyone cares, I used to frequent this place a lot (not that I was a 'popular' member). Until about a week ago, I knew virtually nothing about Ep2. No joke, I didn't even know the exact release date until just a couple of days ago! The longer I went spoiler free, the easier it was. I quit seeking out SW info on the net or anywhere. And since I quit looking for it, I found that nothing was really out there for you to find "accidentally". You literally had to seek the information out. But just recently, this changed, as I feared it would...

About a week ago, I was innocently watching Fox News, when out of no where came a bit about a SW exhibit, where they are showing off memorabilia from the original Star Wars film. I figured this would be ok to watch, so I left it on the TV. Then, without a word, they started showing scenes from Ep2! In the 10 seconds that I saw, it spoiled me more than you can imagine. But I'm basing this off the fact that prior to this 10 seconds, I basically knew nothing more than the fact that there really will be an Ep2. I really don't know what is spoilers and what is not...but let's just say that I saw people and places that I didn't want to see (as I mentioned, the pictures at the top of this page are really spoilers to me).

This (finally) brings me to my point. I feel like I have a dilemma on my hands, so I decided to come back here for some advice. I don't want to know anything before I see the movie, but is that possible? As I said, just seeing pictures of characters is new to me. Until now, this information hasn't been on the 11 o'clock news or on the front page of every newspaper. But I'm afraid that's going to change. For example, if Ep1 is any indication, once the toys are released (which I assume will be soon), every Wal-Mart across the country will have major displays showing pictures of all kinds of things that I haven't seen yet. I won't get into it now, but I can't avoid Wal-mart for a month, so I don't know what to do. I feel that I'm going to see pictures and hear things that I haven't heard yet...and this will just come from going to a store or watching the news (and I'm not going to change my lifestyle). I feel that this will increase more and more as the time to Ep2 counts down.

Now, I'm by no means going to jump into all the "spoilers", but if there are certain images that I'll probably see anyway (unless I literally seal myself in a cave somewhere), should I just go ahead and see the trailers and be done with it? Or should I keep my fingers crossed and hope nothing comes my way? How much do you think you can really avoid without having to make an effort to avoid it?

**If anyone is still reading now, I will be very surprised!!**

12. darthmahon

darthmahon Jedi Master star 2

Sep 8, 2000
    About the trailers. As you may or not know, there are four trailers that have been released...I suggest you watch the first three:

Breathing
    Mystery
    Forbidden Love

They just released a new trailer a few weeks back, titled Clone Wars. The other trailers hadn't really spoiled me, but this one did. Not too much to the point where I knew what was going on in the film, but it gives away things I didn't particularly want to know. Fortunately, the trailer blew me away so much that I didn't care in the end.

Saying that, there isn't long left till the film. So seeing this stuff in action for the first time might make it all the more sweeter if it's on the big screen.

It's upto you in the end though.

13. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Darth Mace

I would recommend you still avoid the trailers, why? Easy, you have a motion picture, stills and the like won't have th esame spoiler effect. Sure ou will now how an alien in the movie looks, or a ship, but you won't know the relation to the movie.
    So for your own sake, stay away from them, it will do you good.

Hope you will, in my eyes good, take the trailer free, decision.

DD

14. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    Yah i'm going trailer free for Ep3..im going to try not to look at any pics at all.. the only thing i will look up is the release date..

15. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I think I'm going to go trailer free for the next one but I won't make that decion for three years.

16. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Heyho and a bottle of ambrosia :p

Flying high on the trailer free clouds.

Enjoy

DD

17. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    The trailers are like the nicotine patches of the Star Wars addict. I watch those trailers on my computer almost everyday! I envy the people who have remained untainted by even the most minor of spoilers. For those who have been spoiler and trailer free, I say keep it up, because you're doing a great job so far!

18. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Exciting stuff, Depending on how hot it will be here in India, I might even go home before my scheduled time :eek: Which is cool, then I get to see AOTC that much sooner....

"I'm so excited.....I just can't hide it...."

DD

19. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey DD -

You need to change the thread to "The spoiler, trailer, and commercial free club". I'm changing the channel the second I see anything Star Wars related come on.

This is getting way too hard.

20. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000
    Kimbleknight

Be strong, have faith in the force :)

I know I have it somewhat easier, as I am in India. But I know it must be possible to do this in "normal" conditions as well.

Trust me

IT WILL BE WORTH IT

DD

21. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Anyone still with me here?

DD

22. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm still with you. Interesting tidbit from AICN where Harry is complaining that the commercials and such are giving away way too much, and that's coming from someone who has seen the movie. I had to quickly scan through it because he started mentioning stuff I didn't want to hear about, but it kind of validates our efforts to stay away from the trailers and commercials.

It really does feel great knowing how fresh I am going into my first viewing.

23. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    Also, avoid the AOTC previews that are being shown on FOX before the films play on Thursdays (ROTJ and TPM). For example, the AOTC preview shown before ESB had to many spoilers in my opinion.

24. Tomcat84

Tomcat84 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 1999
    I admit, I got spoiled way to easily for Episode II...

Well, I've made my decision.

I will join the club for Episode III

Spoiler Free, for Episode III

Remember folks, it's the LAST chance you got, the last movie they'll make...

Only somewhere in april 2005 or march will i carefully seek out the release date so that i know when to be ready to reserve tickets.

I will walk into the theater blank, having seen NOTHING. except maybe a pic of obi wan somewhere in a store but hey thats ok. No trailers, no story, nada... I will sit in the theater, and then those letter appear

in blue

and then

STAR WARS

and I'll scream and sit back, and enjoy the ride...

Enjoy AOTC guys, spoiler free...

I know i will enjoy episode III spoiler free. The coolest of em all.

25. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I've done a pretty good job of staying spoiler free. But, with about 2 weeks til opening day, I'll carry my un-spoiledness one step further. And I hope some of you join me...

Starting today (May 2), I will not play any Star Wars trailers, commercials, etc. on my computer until the day of the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.