main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The spoiler and TRAILER free club!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Trailer free is good, I gave in and watched clonewars trailer once, that wasn't bad, I watched it again the other day and caught on to stuff I didn't want to.

Stay Strong.

2. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Great guys, I'm glad you are holding out ;)

It will be so much more great for me as well, as I do know some of the next movie (unfortunately), when I wll see EPIII

MTFBWY

DD

3. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Oh, the woe, and the pain
    I fell weary, with little gain
    I stepped into gamespot to see
    What the news on Doom III would be
    Little did I know
    That on a banner they show
    A picture from the movie to come

I have been spoiled without my consent
    and I don't know from where it was sent
    I've seen a little more
    from the saga I adore
    And what to do I tell now to you
    Stay away from the site
    and feel the spoiler free might

Yes alas, my amigos, I have seen more, I must admit that it looked good, but ah now a new image have been burned on my memory.

Stay free

DD

4. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

KNIMBLEKNIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Excellent poem. Don't fret - it can't be that bad. I think I ran into a fairly big spoiler by some troll on one of those AICN talkbacks. I don't know why I go to that site - it wasn't even on a Star Wars related story. Nothing I can do except not let it bother me too much.

5. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

I know Knimbleknight, I won't let it bother me, I suppose it happened for a reason :)

It's getting close soon...

DD

6. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    My 3 1/2 year old son, who gets stoked when he sees the commercials, doesn't understand why I close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears, and hum to myself when one comes on.

"Look Daddy, Star Wars, Cool! Look! Yoda?!"
    "Be quiet, buddy!" ;)
    "It out yet?"
    "Soon, but not soon enough."

7. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000
    "My 3 1/2 year old son, who gets stoked when he sees the commercials, doesn't understand why I close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears, and hum to myself when one comes on."

How cute [face_love] How old are you?

"Soon, but not soon enough."

LOL, I know how you feel.

DD

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I really admire all of you who were able to go without any spoilers, OR trailers. I was always there refreshing StarWars.com to try to download the trailer as soon as they uploaded it. I hope to be a lot less spoiled for Episode 3.

You only have to avoid the media for the next week, and then you will be able to see the movie that we have been waiting so long for.

9. General_Lando

General_Lando Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    it's easy to be trailer free for a franchise product, but what if it was for some one time movie like dances with wolves or shawshank redemption. you'd never go see it.

10. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

"but what if it was for some one time movie like dances with wolves or shawshank redemption. you'd never go see it."

Why not?

I suggest you go to the theater and pick a movie you don't know what is about (more or less, as the title may reveal some) and then see it. Sure it may be good or bad, but the critique will be for the immediate experience, not some pre-conceptualized notion on what it is and what to expect.
    I went in a saw amovie about vampires, with John Malkovich, I knew it was about vampires, but because there had been virtually no pr on it, I didn't know what to expect. it turned out to be very nice. A different way of doing a movie. I saw another frecnh movie, but that turned out to be a little boring. But it was fresh and I had an unbiased opinion.

DD

11. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

So only a few hours, for our american brethren!

I wish you the best viewing in many a year :p

DD

12. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Hi everybody

I just received a mail from a friend who have seen the movie. he was very sceptical from seeing TPM, but said this rocked!!!!
    He even said, that now he is a star wars fan!!!

I am looking so much forward to the viewing of this flick :D

DD

13. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

KNIMBLEKNIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey DD - thanks for all the encouragement. Sorry you couldn't see the movie the same time as the rest of us, but you're in for a real treat. And I wanted to let you know that going trailer free was the absolute right thing to do. After I finally saw the movie, the first thing I did when I got back home was watch the Clone Wars trailer, and I'm so glad I waited to see all that stuff with the rest of the movie. It really made that first viewing all the more special. I'll definitely remain trailer free again for Episode III.

14. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Hey Knimbleknight

I'm glad for your feedback, I'm so much looking forward to seeing this movie :)
    And happy that it is actually worth it (I kinda knew....but still)

One question: If seeing the trailers before hand, would they spoil overly much?

In minimum 14 days, I'll still be in the unknown territory, but days are widning fast :D

DD

15. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    i am going to join this club, i will try my hardest not to get spoiled. i went and got myself spoiled rotten for AOTC. not this time, the last time i will go spoler free for ep3.

16. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

I am thinking of making a new thread/club called

The Episode III club for the spoiler and trailer free!

or

The "I am staying spoiler and trailer free, for episode III" club

Give me some input here?!

DD

17. MrSloth

MrSloth Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    count me in. For AOTC the only spoilers I allowed myself was the trailers and the odd add I'd see on TV. For episode 3 I don't even want to see the trailers. I want to go in there with a clean slate, sit back, and enjoy the ride.

18. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Any suggestions for a new name!?!?!?!

Else I'll come up with one when I am back in the DK!

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.