main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Spoils of War (A/P Mush Vignette - Ani/Ami Index July Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Lucasfilm Limited. I am not profiting from these stories in any way - unfortunately. Uncle George, please don't sue me.

This Vignette was inspired/written in response to the July Ani/Ami Index "Wow, Ani. You're all Grown up" challenge.

Enjoy :D and as always, comments feedback are encouraged and welcome!

The Spoils of War

The tiny woman sat at her desk buried under an avalanche of paperwork. Each bill or legislative article that she read seemed to spawn ten more pieces in their place that demanded to be looked over. In each article she read between the lines, hoping that some word of her husband?s whereabouts would be revealed. However, they contained a disappointing dearth of uncensored data regarding the Jedi war strategies.

?I?m never going to find anything,? Padme miserably thought. The bills she?d been perusing for hours seemed to be nothing more than empty fluff requests from bootlicking politicians pandering to the wealthy lobbyists who fed off of the Republic?s War Machine like leeches on an Opee Sea Killer?s back.

A deep and throbbing pressure announced itself in her front temporal lobe. The headache seemed to be her constant companion these days as she watched the Republic that she?d so valiantly defended for so long showing the strains and pressures from War. This past spring, Chancellor Palpatine should?ve stepped down from office, and new leadership should?ve been elected. Instead, the frightened Senate body voted him more emergency powers. They feared what might've happened if they elected a new leader during Wartime. She sighed, new leadership might?ve actually infused life and purpose into the chair and the new Chancellor might have discovered a way to end this war, instead of extending it further.

And bring her husband home, permanently.

Senator Padme Amidala Skywalker stared absently at her dour expression that reflected back at her from her computer terminal monitor. She noticed that her face, once chiseled, fit, and firm was now fuller. Padme had little time to exercise and her body had grown softer and curvier. Her older, form fitting clothes barely cinched shut anymore. She resorted to employing the use of painful gut shrinking corsets in order to squeeze into her gowns. New clothes were a luxury that she could ill-afford during wartime, she had to make do with what she already owned. Her fingers fell along the hem of a deep purple gown that she first purchased three years ago, the velvet was beginning to show signs of wear as the circular pattern on it began to fade from too many washings. She?d also taken to wearing her hair into simple buns, not wanting to waste hours grooming herself in the morning, opting instead for more time catching up on fleeting sleep.

Padme stood up, turned off the blinding lights that had caused the pain in her forehead to pound, and walked towards the large pane window of her Coruscant office. Outside night had blanketed the city hovercars sped by like twinkling red and white firebugs.

When did that happen? she thought and looked down at her wrist to examine her chronometer.

?It?s very late,? a throaty masculine voice announced.

Padme?s vision shifted from the city beyond the window to the internal reflections in the window. He?d materialized out of nowhere. The tall man casually leaned against her inner office door frame. Even in the dark office, she could see the oceanic depths of his eyes luring her into his soul. She had plunged into the bottomless sea of devotion that swam in those eyes just over a year ago and still, they took her breath away.

Headache completely forgotten, she turned and felt her heart hammer in her chest as he crossed the room and paused beside her lit up computer terminal. He appeared to be drinking in the sight of her through his eyes. The pale light illuminated his shoulders, which seemed to have doubled in width since the last time she?d seen him. She could?ve been mistaken, but he also appeared t

2. Moons_of_Iego_angel7

Moons_of_Iego_angel7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2005
    This was very cute, I liked it a lot. Can't really say much more than: PADME IS SOOO LUCKY!!! Ahem...anyway great story...

3. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    That was really good...i thought it was hot lol

Oh too bad real men don't look like Anakin,=P~ Padme is a lucky woman:D

4. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    That viggie was incredibly mushy (and awesome!)!!! I absolutely loved it and your description of Anakin!

jazz

5. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    That was hot! [face_love] =P~ The tension there was thick enough to cut with a lightsaber. I loved their innuendos too.

--MissPadme

6. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    *fans self*

Woo! It's getting hot in here!

Lovely visuals you presented there.. [face_love] Great job!

7. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    oh dear the temperature here is so warm and now even warmer and more humid with desire.. what happens back at the apartment?=P~

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved it!! [face_love] [face_love]

That was so beautifully written, and my heart ached for Padme at the beginning, longing for some tell-tale clue about his whereabouts. Then, their reunion was so lovely. Also, loved your descriptions of Anakin. *fans self*

9. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Yes! A new viggie! Incredibly good of course... [face_love] This is how mush should be. *fans self* I liked how you described the effects of war on something as simple as wardrobe and how you turned a moody, half-empty Padmé into a cheerful young woman in love in a second. :)

And Anakin leaning in the entryway? Someone has been watching ROTS again... ;) I could totally picture Anakin saying this "It's very late." =P~

10. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    That was great! I loved the playfulness between Padme and Anakin.

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was totally awesome! :D :D

Amazing job and descriptions. Especially the stuff about Padmé's "weight" problem. Anakin was just amazing. [face_love] Perfect description of him and made me look at the top of the page and drool. [face_love] =P~

Awesome piece! And lucky Padmé! :p

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee- I see there are a bunch of fogged up monitors in here [face_love]

I?ve been writing a pretty much mush-less epic fic for so long that I?d nearly forgotten how fun it is to write mush [face_love]

Moons_of_Iego_angel7

Yes, Padme is one lucky lady, indeed ;)

IloveAnakin7

Oh too bad real men don't look like Anakin

Yes, I think it should be an aspiration of all men to work out and be as utterly health/size/fitness conscious as society deems that women should be. Let them all think that they should live up to Anakin as an example ;)

Jazz

Glad you enjoyed :D Because everyone needs a little mid-week mush-fest sometimes [face_dancing]

MissPadme

The tension there was thick enough to cut with a lightsaber. I loved their innuendos too.

It?s actually easier in a lot of ways to write when people are ripping each other?s clothes off- it?s harder writing about people wanting to rip each other?s clothes off. Glad you enjoyed, and helped heat up your summer evening :p :D

Wook

Hee hee ? sorry, didn?t mean to make things ever hotter where you?re located =P~ Glad you enjoyed :D

Qingauk

what happens back at the apartment?

Oh, I think you plenty know what happens back there ;) Although, perhaps down the road I?ll have write a followup *ahem* PM chappy [face_blush]

Gina

and my heart ached for Padme at the beginning, longing for some tell-tale clue about his whereabouts.

I always got the impression that Padme?s life would?ve been very lonely without Anakin at her side, or at least on the same Planet during the War. Whenever I write these CW fics, I tend to heavily rely on the women who were left behind during WW2 as examples for writing Padme. She throws herself into her work, to help the cause, but at the same time, Anakin?s safety is always foremost in her mind.

Glad you enjoyed!

PadLei

I liked how you described the effects of war on something as simple as wardrobe and how you turned a moody, half-empty Padmé into a cheerful young woman in love in a second

I thought the clothing description was also a nice parallel in the saga, showing how the Republic is crumbling from within and the glory of its past is fading and can be seen even in the smallest of details ? like Padme?s gowns.

And what woman WOULDN?T be cheerful w/ that reunion? 8-}

Anakin leaning in the entryway? Someone has been watching ROTS again.

Actually, I haven?t seen it recently, which is why the images were swirling around in my head :p

TNPredsFan

Thank you, I think that?s why I actually enjoy the hair brushing scene in ROTS, even though most people think Padme looks weird, and the dialogue is corny, I love how it shows that these people are completely comfortable together and really, deeply are in love. I hoped to capture that playfulness here.

Jaina_and_Jag

Especially the stuff about Padmé's "weight" problem.

Yeah, poor girl ? 2-5 pounds and she?s suddenly fat ? oh to have such problems 8-} I wrote it in as a means of showing the contrast of how war was affecting both couple members. Anakin?s grown fit, and firm, whereas Padme?s worried, stressed and not always taking care of herself like she should.

Perfect description of him and made me look at the top of the page and drool.

LOL! [face_laugh]

Many thanks to all for reading! :D

13. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    You forget how to write mush? :eek: Uhh, hardly, sister. ;) I think this little viggie can attest to that. [face_love]

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when our favorite duo was in Padmé?s office together. The heavy breathing in there alone would fog the windows up tight.

?If we don?t quit now, I won?t be able to stop. Besides, I?d rather give you a proper welcoming back at home.?

*fans self* Whew, it?s getting kinda?warm in here.

I?ll bet those speeders broke the sound barrier getting to their destinations. If not, they should have!! Mustn?t keep our couple waiting. :D

This was a fun read, not to mention creating a longing for some serious A/P moments. I reminisce to the days of old when you were referred to as, ?The Nubian Queen?, and rightfully so. You did an outstanding job on this viggy, my friend, truly!!!

Long live the mush!!! :D

She spun in her seat and longingly gazed out the back window, watching Anakin?s lithe and muscular form spring into a second cab that sped off in the opposite direction. They?d meet back at her apartment shortly, and then, she deliciously thought, she?d unwrap her gift and see how else her husband had matured in their time apart. Blood rushed to her face as tantalizing visions danced in her subconscious. Something told her that she was not going to be disappointed with her present, and for once, this politician would happily partake in the spoils of War.

Yeah, you go for it, Padmé. [face_love]

Soooo, where?s the PM chapter, huh? ;)

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Very nicely written, PLJ. =D=

15. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Very much enjoyed the vignette PadmeLeiaJaine!

I had actually interpreted Padme's "weight problem" as the onset of her pregnancy, but I guess I had the wrong timeframe in mind.

~Doc_Bev

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Arriss

You forget how to write mush? Uhh, hardly, sister. I think this little viggie can attest to that.

Hee hee, yeah well, you know :p I?m a bad [face_monkey] [face_laugh]

I?ll bet those speeders broke the sound barrier getting to their destinations. If not, they should have!! Mustn?t keep our couple waiting.

Was THAT what that noise was? [face_mischief]

Soooo, where?s the PM chapter, huh?

Hummm?might have to think about that. I don?t think I?ve done a PM for this duo.

Sara_Kenobi

Many thanks :D

Doc_Bev

I had actually interpreted Padme's "weight problem" as the onset of her pregnancy, but I guess I had the wrong timeframe in mind.

Well yes, but I wasn?t really thinking that she?d gotten ?fat.? It?s more like I was thinking that she wasn?t as rock fit as she was in Clones. If you don?t exercise regularly like that, you get a bit softer..everywhere. So it would make sense that her clothes would be a little tighter than usual.

17. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Then, Anakin placed her gently into a cab and said, ?I hope you have a most pleasurable evening, Senator.?

Padme?s face exploded with a broad smile. She said, ?You can count on that, Master Jedi.?

[face_laugh] Oh that was fun! And hot! ::fans self::

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee- glad to help make your Summer evening even Hotter leia_naberrie

[face_laugh]

19. _Genivive_

_Genivive_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    What a fun post, I loved the interaction between them! Nice job:)

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    _Genivive_

Thank you, thank you! Glad you enjoyed! :)

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    *Punt* Anyone interested in some fun A/P mush for Friday? [face_batting]

22. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    I loves me some A/P mush! [face_love]

23. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005
    Yay! Padme and Anakin mush, the best there is! This was absolutly (sp) wonderful! More please :)

24. Zombie_Padme

Zombie_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Smoldering mush on the eve of all the forthcoming angst. If all men could look line Anakin, what a wonderful world this would be![face_love]

25. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005
    You can say that again! *sigh* I wish I was Padme.... haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.