main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests The Spring 2010 RPF Awards! Winners Announced!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by RPF_Awards_Sock, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPF_Awards_Sock

RPF_Awards_Sock RPF Awards Host VIP - Game Host

Apr 14, 2010
    Spring 2010 Role Playing Forum Awards

Welcome to the Spring 2010 RPF Awards!

Please be sure to review the entire post (even if you?ve done this before) to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible.

Purpose of the Awards
    Our role playing forums are very special ? unique in their quality and community. We come here to play, but also to work. It?s not easy to build a successful game or navigate through the galaxy with a character. It?s especially challenging now, with three distinct forums dedicated to different aspects of role playing. Many of you dedicate significant amounts of your free time to make this place the best it can be.

These awards have been established in recognition of the extraordinary efforts of you ? our users. The VIPships and publicity awarded to winners are meant to serve as both a reward for a job well done and a way to increase visibility. It is hoped that others will learn from their example, and that they will continue to serve as leaders of these role playing forums.

How it works
    Awards are held four times per year, in April (Spring), July (Summer), October (Autumn) and January (Winter).

The four categories for awards are:

Best GM
    Best Roleplayer
    Best RPG (Star Wars and Non-Star Wars)
    Best New RPG (Star Wars and Non-Star Wars)

New RPGs are defined as any active game less than three (3) months old and have over 50 posts at the time of nomination (once a game crosses the 50 post threshold, it may be nominated so long as the window to do so is still open). RPGs must be active (no locked threads may be nominated).

Voting will consist of two rounds:

[b]Round 1:[/b]
    [ul][li]Lasts for five (5) days[/li]
    [li]A time to nominate any active RPG or player[/li]
    [li]Once a thread/player has been nominated once, please refrain from nominating them again (one nomination is sufficient to save a spot on the ballot)[/li]
    [li]Users may [i]not[/i] nominate themselves for awards[/li]
    [li]All users may make a total of two (2) nominations per category[/li][/ul]
    Any RPG that wins an award becomes ineligible for next season's awards, to ensure fairness and variety. Any players who win awards will be ineligible until the next year.

[b]Round 2[/b]
    [ul][li]Begins immediately after the results of Round 1 are posted[/li]
    [li]A list of all the nominees will be compiled for members to pursue[/li]
    [li]You then have seven (7) days to [b]PM[/b] your votes from the choices to the host[/li]
    [li]Users have the option of voting for up to three (3) people in the Best RPer and best GM categories, and up to two (2) games in the Games categories[/li][/ul]

[color=red][b]***Campaigning (ie, soliciting votes and/or nominations) at any time during the awards, in any thread, in any forum, is absolutely not allowed!***[/b][/color]

[hr]
    [b]The winners will be announced at the end of Round 2.[/b]

[hr]
    [color=darkturquoise][b]Prizes[/b][/color]
    As always, the part you've all been waiting for.

The winning [b]GMs[/b] and [b]Roleplayers[/b] will each be awarded VIPship (with the ability to choose custom colors) for one week. In addition, they will earn a place in the "RPF Hall of Fame" in the Community Centre. The winning [b]RPGs[/b] will receive a special place in the introductory sticky thread, as well as the right to the title of "Best RPG," until the next season's winners are announced. Moderators are allowed to win Awards, but their prize will be limited to recognition alone. When a moderator places in the Best GM/RPer category, the top three contenders will be recognized, with the two non-mods getting colors. Two non-moderator users are guaranteed colors for every awards season.

[hr]
    [color=darkturquoise][b]The "RPF Stars" Awards[/b][/color]

Winners of the RPF Stars Awards will not receive titles or colors, but they are encouraged to place their titles in their sig or bio. The idea behind these awards is to provide recognition for exemplary members

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Is it correct that the "Best New Game" from last Season cannot be voted for as "Best Game" this season? It is locked for a year now?

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IIRC Game "Do Not Nominate" periods are only 1 - 2 seasons long, in contrast to player/GM which is a full year.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Only players remain on the "Do Not Nominate" list for a year. Games last for a season.

5. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, I was totally misinformed there, then. No prob.

My nominees are . . .

Nomination Ballot

Best GM:
    1. Winged-Jedi - A shame he got so little rivalry this season, but surely we all agree he is among our best and should therefore be mentioned first. I only recently began reading ManCubs and it´s hell of an entertaining story.
    2. Spycoder - Quarantine is a great game, that deserves to be recognized as that. And his Tropical journey into SW was one of the great fresh approaches around here . . . totally deserved a nom.

Best RPer:
    1. swbeauty - it is one of those one role, one win situations here. Vashti Schick is always a reason to read. Engaging, beautifully written and multi-layered. I hope enough people read her to give her that award that si so deserved.
    2. The_Dark_Overlord - And another one role one win thing. Seems to be the season. what should I say. The bremen incident was written by him, but posted by Fins. Beckfris is an amazing villain. He adds not only to the game, but to the very atmosphere of the game and makes it a richer place, especially for us GMs.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Tropical Terror - I think it deserved it last time to get more attention and I really liked what was going on over there . . . see GM noms.
    2. Chessboard - I might be alone in it, but I lvoe that game. that characters, that finale . . .

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Quarantine - See below.

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. -

Best New Non-Star Wars RPG:
    Quarantine - It is a lovely pieces and I only hope we get our 50 posts before it is voted . . .

YOU MAY ONLY MAKE ONE NOMINATION PER CATEGORY IN THIS SECTION

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: DarklordoftheFins
    2. Most Educational GM: DarkLordoftheFins - his newbie quota is amazing.
    3. Best Game Design: -
    4. Best Character Design: -
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Quarantine/spycoder
    6. Most Improved RPer: swbeauty
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: DarkLordoftheFins
    8. Most Social User: Sarge?
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: Me
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: Me
    11. Best Single Post* (include link):
    comes later . . .

6. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Best GM:
    1. Vangarian - Eccentric but incredibly entertaining, and concerned for his players. Constantly PMs updates and keeps me filled in should I be distracted and works with me a good deal in regards to the actions surrounding my character Lt. Colonel McNeil.
    2. Winged_Jedi - I may not be in Man Cubs but from the glances I've taken at it Its an incredible game, with a skilled GM and story, and if I can gauge anything by the times the phrase "MAN CUBS!!! =D" has been yelled in RPFchat its doubly so.

Best RPer:
    1. DarthRamza - Two words. Kyle Katarn.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. As Father and Son

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Halo Today: The Pacific Campaign

Best New Star Wars RPG:

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: DarkLordofTheFins
    2. Most Educational GM:
    3. Best Game Design: Fins
    4. Best Character Design: HanSolo29 - Greth Artrosk- Star Wars: Xenophobia
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Star Wars: Xenophobia
    6. Most Improved RPer: Sawn_Kassel
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: DarthRamza
    8. Most Social User: Sarge
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: LordT - Couldn't think of anybody, so since he voted for himself I'm helping him along :p
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: LordT
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): To be included later.

7. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    LordT and Kahn, I'm flattered by your praise! But Xan or Peng, I'd like to withdraw myself from nominations this season.

Couple noms of my own:

Best Player

1. Jabba-Wocky. A highly sophisticated and eloquent writer whose posts are always a pleasure to read.

2. SirakRomar. Consistent, reliable, model RPer. Elora's descent through the dungeon, culminating in her execution of the monster at the bottom, was a highlight of Man Cubs so far.

8. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Thanks for the nominations, I greatly appreciate it. Here are my votes!

Best GM:
    1. Peguinator: No Safe Haven is not only creepy, but also seems to be an exciting, thrilling game, and pleasurable, and he provides the greatest, creepiest setting.

Best RPer:
    1. Sith-I-5: In Tropical Terror, Silent Nights, and Resurrection, he has written up witty, fantastic posts which I personally enjoy reading.
    2. Sirak Romar: In Sin of the Saints, Man Cubs, and Silent Nights she has provided fully developed, entertaining posts, and deserves a good pat on the back and an award on the side.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. As Father and Son: Posts are both entertaining, well thought out, and well developed, along with a great GM to pull it all along.
    2. 129 - The Sith-Imperial War - Shadow?s Fall: While updates are far in between, they are well thought out, well written posts and are very informative.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Clue:
    Clue has always been such a fun game!

1. Quarantined:
    Just had to throw this one out there, as I feel my players each deserve a good pat for staying with me this long.
    2. No Safe Haven: Suspense. Terror. Nightmares. No Safe Haven is a great game, and needs to have its own shiny award for it.

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Anvil, Sin of the Saints, providing a frightening, exciting, and breathtaking adventure in Boston!
    2. Most Educational GM: Sinrebirth, Shadow?s Fall, offering much information on the game
    3. Best Game Design: Sin of the Saints, exciting and great to follow along
    4. Best Character Design: LordT, Quarantined, Jack Shaw not only happens to be in one game, but happens to be in two. . .
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: No Safe Haven
    6. Most Improved RPer:
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR:
    8. Most Social User:
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods:
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie:
    LordT (Following the crowd)
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): Dark Overlord, Sin of the Saints, Combined Post with Fins (Very exciting, emotional, and frightening at the same time)

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Woo nominations! Probably my favorite part of the awards process.

Best GM:
    1. Penguinator-176
    2. spycoder9

Best RPer:
    1. BartSimpson-SithLord
    2. The_Dark_Overlord

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. AFAS
    2. Silent Cities of Coruscant

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. ToF
    2. No Safe Haven

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Winged_Jedi*
    2. Most Educational GM: Saintheart
    3. Best Game Design: Sarge221/Xenophobia
    4. Best Character Design: BaSSiL
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Xenophobia
    6. Most Improved RPer: spycoder9
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: DarthXan318
    8. Most Social User: Sarge221
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: HairyWookiee12

*Not sure if the do not nominate request extends to the Stars Awards. If so, please consider blank.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Best GM:
    1. Bravo

Best RPer:

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Star Wars: Intervention - A good story telling game that deserves a nomination

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Already has been nominated or else is being kept down by the Mods[face_mischief]

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: DarkLordoftheFins
    2. Most Educational GM: Bravo - so many links to everything mentioned, follow half and your bound to learn something
    3. Best Game Design: Sarge221/Xenophobia
    4. Best Character Design: HanSolo29 - alotta potential in this ones
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Xenophobia]-}
    6. Most Improved RPer: spycoder9
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Sinrebirth-ask anything get an answer
    8. Most Social User: Sarge221
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: Nicklityouaflame - recent phoenix

11. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, well . . . the board does not want me to nominate. I tried three times now and hte board odes not post. If you read this, it means it allows me to post EVERYTHING else and therefore I believe it is cursed. :p

Looks like an interesting season, though.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, well . . . the board does not want me to nominate. I tried three times now and hte board odes not post. If you read this, it means it allows me to post EVERYTHING else and therefore I believe it is cursed. :p

Looks like an interesting season, though. My noms later . . .

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    And here they are . . . only what I have to add . . .

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Silent Cities of Coruscant

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Republic_Anvil
    2. Most Educational GM: -
    3. Best Game Design: LordTroepfchen/Silent Cities
    4. Best Character Design: swbeauty
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Quarantine
    6. Most Improved RPer: - (I can´t decide for one here, really)
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: LordTroepfchen
    8. Most Social User: -
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: LordTroepfchen
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: sorry but to givbe truth the honor this is again . . . Penguinator
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): later

14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Watch those triple posts, Fins. :)

15. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Quick note - the boards have been acting up a bit lately (again), so if your post doesn't go through immediately, check the thread before trying again.

(And, wow, it took a while for this post to go through. [face_frustrated])

Keep those nominations coming guys!

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I am sorry about these triple posts. When I did the second the first was not visible. And if it had posted all there would be five now. [face_worried]Strange things happen around here . . . really.

17. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I would like to withdraw from the nominations, too. I told the Mods for a while. Awards and rping don´t go well with each other in my soul and I feel distracted and irritated by the fact people vote for me. So, I think we got many names up there deserving an Award. You don´t need mine.

Thanks to Spy and Winged for nominating me, though. I feel flattered and appreciated. Thank you.

As I was told not allowing myself to be nominated does not disquaily for nominating :D So here they are my favourites this season (who can be voted for)

Nomination Ballot

Best GM:
    This list grows short this season, so no new GM to add. Serious. I read too little these days. Time is not on my side . . .

Best RPer:
    1. Spycoder
    2. Ben_Stormrider

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Silent Cities
    2. Chessboards (yes, that game HAS fans)

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Quarantine
    2. The Good the Bad & the Ugly (can I nom closed games?)

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    -

-

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: DarkLordoftheFins
    2. Most Educational GM: -
    3. Best Game Design: Xenophobia/Sarge221
    4. Best Character Design: puh . . . this Season . . . LordTroepfchen/Jack Shaw
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Silent Citiies/LordTroepfchen
    6. Most Improved RPer: swbeauty
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: -
    8. Most Social User: DarkLordoftheFins /for creating and defending the wonderful puzzling club Pieces is today
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: -
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: LordTroepfchen
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): DarkLordoftheFins Date Posted: 3/17 6:01pm Subject: Man Cubs for the simple request for a meal with the sentence . . . "And do you think, your body still needs his brain?" Cato added then with a broad grin. LOVED IT!

I would actually have two more posts for the last Award . . . too bad I can only do one. :D

18. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Well, nominations look good. Fin made his presence very, very clear . . .

So my only point I feel I need to support is:

7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: LordTroepfchen - Just because he is the guy teaching newbies for us how to play these days, and tries to make every game better that comes up in his path in the GDG he took over from Imp. And because he supports games he believes in even if they do not look like the next big thing. More or less the most supportive person in the RPF in my book. And he doesn´t deserve all the "Annoy the Mods" noms without someone reminding us all that he actually might do a few more things than that. [face_peace]

19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Really flattered Draco, but actually . . . I nomindated myself :p I worked so hard for that title, don´t water me down, please.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    About six and a half hours left people! Get those nominations in!

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    .......and wouldn't you believe it, your Friendly Neighbourhood Mods have decided to extend the nominations cut-off date by two days!

That's right, Nominations are now open until Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, at 11:30 PM, Pacific Daylight Time.

The reasoning behind this? We forgot the marquee. Sorry guys! [face_blush]

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I want to submit a request: The 50 osts rule should be lifted or modified to 30 or 40 posts at least. I believe the rule comes from a time when games were bigger. These days some GMs try to kick of small games. And it is simply hard to do 50 posts in three weeks with 3 players. But we should encourage their attempts and make it easier for them to join competition.

Otherwise we will have to go around the rule by posting many smaller posts in a back and forth to reach 50 posts. And that can´t be the idea behind the rule . . .

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The criteria is actually three months, not three weeks. If you're interested in discussing the criteria, though, the RPF Policies, Programs and Events thread is the best place to bring that up; alternatively, I'm open to discussing it via private message. :)

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    EDIT: Whoops, double post! [face_blush]

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for the nomination, Spycoder.

Best GM:
    All my choices are ineligible.

Best RPer:
    1. Corellian Outrider for Tycho Celchu and the rest of Rogue Squadron, Star Wars: Final Resurrection

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Silent Cities

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    n/a

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Star Wars: Xenophobia

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: LordTroepfchen
    4. Best Character Design: AMNDRAG_01 for his General Grevious in Star Wars: Final Resurrection
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Star Wars: Xenophobia
    6. Most Improved RPer: Skiara for Sin of the Saints
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR:
    8. Most Social User: Has to be Ktala for her year running the Adoptions!
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods:
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie:
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): Ktala playing Chewie at 3/17 11:37pm Subject: The Silent Cities of Coruscant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.