main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***THE SQUALL*** Royal Guard fan and discussion thread.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by RogueRoyalGuard, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    They were blood colored Phantoms, one of them was worth a hundred regular stormtroopers ?Kanos.

I just wondered if anyone else shares my extreme fascination with imperial guardsmen.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    "Crimson Empire" was one of my favourite SW comic series.

3. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    the comic book was good, but I think the recorded sound tapes were better. the guy they got for Kanos was encredible! his voice was better than perfect.

4. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I think the recorded sound tapes were better. the guy they got for Kanos was encredible!

Oh, yes. Most definitly.

5. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    I think I would have given up on crimson Empire if not for the tapes.
    on the down side I still can't figure out if it's "kyle Honet" or Kyle Onet". The same with Yemet or Lemet Talk.
    but it's a small price to pay.

6. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I think that "Kyle Onet" sounds more Star Wars-ian, don't you?

7. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I really liked CE. Unfortunately my library doesn't have the second, and I have $0.

8. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    I loved Crimson Empire - although I think part one was better.

What do you think is Kir Kanos doing during the NJO? Where did he disappear to??

9. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    I was glancing through a comic book once at the book store ( I think it was called "union" or something) and some royalguard tried to kill mara, saying things like "thus die all traitors". She killed him, but I refuse to even wonder if it was kanos.

'_fishi, have you checked to see if your library has a web site where you can get stuff from other cities?

What are your favorite quotes from CE?

10. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
    It wasn't Kanos.

I don't remember the name of that guy, but it was definitely not Kanos!

11. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    so the dude had a name and it wasn't kanos.
    That IS nice to know.

btw what is the relation of kanos and that one guy (kinedy?) to each other?
    I thought it was something like Kinedy was kanos's instructor's son or something, but I'm not sure.

12. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
    His name is Tav Kennede, and yes, he is the son of Kanos' former instructor who was killed by the traitorous stormtroopers. He's also a Rebel pilot.

I read somewhere that all Royal Guards were Force-sensitive - is that true??

13. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm fascinated with the Emperial Royal Guardsmen as well -- I whole heartedly agree Crimson Empire is a top notch Star Wars trade paperback. :cool:

I've listened to the audio tape and have a few minor gripes with it such as: the Guardsmens' double bladed staffs "snap-hiss" like lightsabers. (This is probably because it's the only recycled film sounds they could find for the tapes.)

It's alot different dialogue and scene wise (not that this a bad thing but they left out tons of minor scenes). That's really not too important though.

Kir Kanos is probably located in the Emperial Remnant somewhere scrounging for traitors to elimanate. Geez, the Emperor really brainwashes these guys. [face_shocked]

<[-]> Saber

14. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm fascinated with the Emperial Royal Guardsmen as well -- I whole heartedly agree Crimson Empire is a top notch Star Wars trade paperback. :cool:

I've listened to the audio tape and have a few minor gripes with it such as: the Guardsmens' double bladed staffs "snap-hissed" like lightsabers. (This is probably because it's the only recycled film sounds they could find for the tapes.)

It's alot different dialogue and scene wise (not that this a bad thing but they left out tons of minor scenes). That's really not too important though.

Kir Kanos is probably located in the Emperial Remnant somewhere scrounging for traitors to elimanate. Geez, the Emperor really brainwashes these guys. [face_shocked]

<[-]> Saber

15. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    in terms of the snap-hiss stuff, that bothered me a bit as well, but they (the glaives) could be like vibro blades and make those sounds.

"Geez, the Emperor really brainwashes these guys"

that he did. but in kanos's case, I think he was so driven because of the deaths of Kyle Onet and the other guardsmen.

16. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    I agree, when the horde of Stormtroopers ambushed the Guardsmen it was a powerful scene. I liked the part when Kile Hanad and Kir Kanos made the pact and Hanad took out the battalion with him. :cool:

BABOOM!!!

<[-]> Saber

17. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
    Yes, I loved that scene, too.

18. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    ah, so it's Hanad.
    on the tapes it sounds like "onet"
    you have to love his lines (now mind you this is off memory so it's not perfect.)

Kyle: "I chose to stay. I'll play them long enough for you to escape."

I wonder if he lived by any chance. someone that cool can't die. :(

19. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    I don't think so. 8-}Judging by the explosion size that leveled the building he used a thermal detonator. [face_devil]He wen't down with a bang. :cool:

Who else thought Carnor Jax was awesome? A Force-wielding Crimson Guardsmen is probably one of the deadliest foes you could take on. :cool:

<[-]> Saber

20. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
    From what I know, the Royal Guardsmen all received at least basic training in the Force. They were taught to keep Palpatine's spirit alive should he die so he could change into another living body.
    Those who showed an aptitude for the Dark Side received a more special training and eventually became Souvereign Protectors.
    (please don't ask me where I read that, I think it's from one of the Fact Files. I tried to find the article, but because my collection is a bit chaotic, I had no luck so far.)

It would at least explain why Kanos was able to beat Jax.
    I also think his loyalty to Palpatine and the New Order saved him from the Dark Side. Luke Skywalker explained to Mara Jade in "Vision of the Future" why she was never really on the Dark Side even though she was Palpatine's personal assassin, and he gave her similar reasons.

21. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    they would have to be at least some-what force attuned to have re-flexses like that.

startrooper: didn't know he used explosives. I have the tape. But I would guess that only a bit of blood plasma remains of Hanad now. :(

22. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    A Force-wielding Crimson Guardsmen is probably one of the deadliest foes you could take on.

Most definitly.

23. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    but kanos never used the force as far as I can tell.
    If he could, why not just mind trick the customs dude at the port. I doubt he had enough money just to throw 1000 credit chits arounds.

24. Csillan_girl

May 6, 2003
    Mind tricks might be too difficult for someone who just has a basic training in such things.
    They were trained to keep Palpy's spirit alive should something happen to him - but they were far from being trained as Jedi, as far as I understood it.

25. RogueRoyalGuard

Nov 29, 2002
    I guess Palp was smart enough to see the dangers of full blown jedi running around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.