1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

Oceania The Stadium Australia Commentary Box [Australian FF Version]

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by epic, Apr 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Really? It's being delayed until 11PM in Melbourne.

I put my tip in for NSW. Don't forget to tip!
  2. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Say goodbye to Lang Park as well. It's going all art-noveau.
  3. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That won't stop you beer can throwing yobbos!
  4. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep we get it live every year on both pay and normal tv. I've been watching for about 10 years now. I wish they would re-instate a bit of niggle back into the series though it was always great to watch.

Tips are in.
  5. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Woo Hoo the games is but an hour away, i'm off to relax and enjoy watching some Aussies kick each others butt. :D
  6. Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Master

star 4
  7. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How pathetic. Joey on one leg would've done better than Kimmorley and Fittler combined.

Good on Hughes though.
  8. Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Master

star 4
    heh heh, kudos to Plum Daiquiri and Funnel 2, though. They really made the game worth watching.
  9. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh Dear :_| I was in tears. Where did that young chap Web come from? Well I have to admit NSW looked like they were playing club rugby for a while, actually most of the game. Mind you 1 month between games is a long time so things will change. Why so long?
  10. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Trying to get fans into the regular season comp I'd say.
  11. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nice to see some of the Roy & HG names being used, but NSW did get a few fuzzy decisions against them, two trys disallowed, and don't say that Home Crowd Harragon wouldn't favour the maroons. But in my opinion it was a NSW V Brisbane Boncos match. Not hard to pick the winner when you look at it that way
  12. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Poor football from the blues [face_plain]
  13. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Cowboys players were the best though!

Anyway, I've got my ticket all organised for the Second game. The money just has to be given to Ticketek in exchange for the small piece of cardboard with my allocated arse position.

I hear the Waratahs won this weekend... *yawn*. Obviously the Union wannabes are gonna take us over with their rep games.

LOL!

Memo to the wannabes: Get the current NSW team into the finals before trying to get another franchise setup.
  14. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    I've had a hangover since sunday, so that's why I haven't been here to say CONGRATS QLD! TAKE THAT BLUES!

:p
  15. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Come down to Sydney for Game 2 Sil!

We've got the blue body paint ready!!!
  16. Sith Interceptor Force Ghost

star 4
    yep, what a shocker! :(

Notice how the Blues picked up when Barrett came on? ;)

btw, Lockyer is a freak!!! He'd look good in red & white! :)
  17. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Yeah, even wedge would have to admit Lockyer had a good game. ;-) And Tallis, of course, and virtually all the rookies.

I can't believe they won so easily though. Watch out for changes for Game 2. Girdler, Gower, Peachey, Blacklock, Davico and maybe Britt could be possibilites, injuries pending.

18. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I loved when Croker steam rolled him. And Fletcher too. They both knew to run straight at him.

Or he caught that bomb with no-one on him and he fell over in the process, but Ray Warren still said it was the most graceful play of the game.

Blacklock won't be in the side. He's Aboriginal for one. And two, he defends as bad as Lockyer and the NSW selectors won't take the risk. DeVere and Priddas must go. They were so pathetic. Gidley needs more match fitness and Hindmarsh has to show up for the game.

Look for both of your centres to get a kick up the date for game 2.
  19. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Ooh, blue body paint. Now *there's* an invitation if ever I heard one!

I'll stick to my maroon colours, thanks. :D
  20. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    I don't know if anyone watches "The Fat" on the ABC, but I found this on the website, and it cracks me up.

I'm sorry
    ---------
    Damian Mori - 17/04/00

For: On December 6 1995, I was playing for Adelaide City against Sydney United. At the kick off I chipped the ball over the head of goal keeper John Perosh and into the goal in a world record 3.69 seconds. The Adelaide sporting public were robbed of the tension and finesse of a slowly unfolding goal and John, far from his home in Sydney, faced humiliation and ridicule. I'm sorry.

Paul Sironen - 24/04/00

For: In 1990 when I was playing for Australia against France I caught the ball from the kick off and charged 90 metres down the field leaving a demoralised trail of physically and pyschologically shattered Frenchmen. I permanently destroyed the game of rugby league in France. Je suis desole.

Rex Mossop - 1/05/00

For: After making a citizen's arrest in 1972 on an individual who was breaking the law by parading naked on a public street I commented to the media that I was: "sick and tired of having genitals shoved down my throat."

I now realise that, as a leading commentator and analyst of the game of rugby league, constantly using the English language as a tool of trade, I may have been able to phrase this particular sentence a little better. I'm sorry.

Dean Jones - 8/05/00

For: Losing control of various bodily functions during the famous 1986 tied test in Madras, now Chennai. Conditions were horrendous and during my innings I repeatedly soiled the playing surface which the Indian ground staff had worked indefatigably to prepare in the sweltering conditions. I'm sorry.

Jim Higgs - 15/05/00

For: On the 1975 Ashes Tour of England, the pinnacle of an Australian cricketer's career, when each player is called on to perform at their very best, I played 8 matches and scored no runs. I'm sorry.

22. Sith Interceptor Force Ghost

star 4
    you can always count on Rex! ;)

sadly, Blacklock will never make the Blues Origin side. Being leading try scorer for 3 consecutive seasons obviously ain't enough. Let's pick a rampaging drug cheat instead!

bah humbug!
  23. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's pretty easy when it comes to Blacklock. He can't tackle. And he'd be playing against Tiquiri! Every time the Dragons play each oppenent will invariably target his side. So I don't blame the selectors for not picking him at all.

Hell, Dany Buderus leads the competition in tackles and didn't make it. He's third for his position. So leading a catagory doesn't mean you should be automatically selected.

Girdler has been reinjured and will be out again. So DeVere looks safe.

Are you accusing MacDougall of being a drug cheat? Well he's not a drug cheat. He uses steroids to live. Much like Renouf uses puffers to breath. Their medication brings them to a level playing field and is legal. So he's not a cheat.

Besides, MacDougall is way better than Blacklock. Or do you want Blacklock to take on Sailor?
  24. Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm certainly not calling MacDougall a drug cheat. I fully agree with that sort of thing - if a person needs it to live, then it ain't cheating. It's just funny listening to Roy and HG calls him a druggie all the time, especially when you know it's a joke.
  25. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone interested in the FA Cup final this weekend. My bet is Liverpool, it's about time they lifted the trophey again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.