main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania The Stadium Australia Commentary Box [Australian FF Version]

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by epic , Apr 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I think he's there for more of an emotional lift for the Qld side. He's 34, so getting on in years, but I reckon he's still got a good game left in him. I hope the NSW forwards go a bit easy on him.
    :)

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Can't have the old digger ending up in a hospice now can we :p

3. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    We'll kill whoever Queersland puts on the field.

Congrats to you too Sil for the nod.

[face_clown]

I'll see if I can get a computer soon.

4. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Thanks! My computer is still in it's box, actually. I don't want to start unpacking in my new house!

:)

Lleyton and Pat are through to the 2nd round of Wimbleton as well...

5. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well i'm all happy at moment, I just watched the All Black convincingly beat France and not to my suprise at all the Lions just thrashed you Aussies. I haven't seen the Wallibies play that ordinary for a long time, and to be perfectly honest I enjoyed every minute.
    Jeremy Paul was a bit unlucky though, that's the rest of his season done.

Good Luck to NSW tomorrow :D

6. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Well, half an hour till roy and hg come on for the state of origin, if NSW can shut down lockyer then were in, but if lockyer can create some chances then we might lose, depends on how bad freddie wants to win.

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh Dear :eek:

That's the worst effort i've seen from a NSW side since ever. Have to admit Lockyer and Alfie plus others had a blinder.

The wallabies 'ill be asking themselves whether they should replace Gregan with Langer, Bourke with Lockyer, Roff with Sailor, they might have a chance against the Lions ;)

8. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    The Alfie Show!

What a great game! Sailor was a bit ordinary, but Lockyer, Tiquiri and Walker certainly made up for it. Way to go QLD'er!

:D :D

9. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    it looks like I guessed right, but I have to say that home crowd harragon gave the maroons / boncos 3 tries, don't try to deny it, so as far as i'm concerned it was boncos 24 blues 14

and if you call that a send off for freddie, then that just doesn't cut it i'm afraid, no support anywhere.

so the maroons won cos of four people, alfie, lockyer, the other guy and harragon

10. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You preach it brother! Why didn't everyone just line up and give Fitler a slap on the face as he walked back to the changing room, they may as well of done it.

The kiwi V Broncos game coming up will be interesting. Will we see Alfie? Sailor? Forget about Fitler I bet he's off to Japan to play league.

11. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    "Home-crowd Harrigan"????? What the hell are you talking about? This is the same guy who who couldn't spot forward passes and knock-ons that cost us Game 2 and all of the last series. Face it, Qld was the better team on the night.

12. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Exactly, harrigan favours the home crowd, you said so yourself.

Queensland were the better team, I won't deny that, we just didn't have any support. But if we had barrett instead of kimmorley we still would have lost, but not by as much, he was running about looking to offload before he got tackled.

Next year if they don't pick blacklock i'm gonna really get p***ed. (i'm also a saints supporter)

13. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    You forget, Tek, we had two home games last series, and we were still robbed in the first of them by Harrigan. So, please, don't cry about him favouring the home team.

14. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I'm not gonna complain, Harragon has made some shockers of decisions but thats the way the coin came up and there ain't nuthin I can do about it.

15. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Just thought i'd bring this up as there has lotsa sport lately
    First: Whats everyone think of souths winning their court case? They now have lots of cash but can't force the NRl to let em back in. I'm willing to bet that the first game next season will be sold out and then it will dwindle as the league will have to dilute the talent pool to get one maybe two teams in to the comp
    I wanna hear what other people have to say on this one so have a go!
    Second: Cricket, well it's obvious innit, we are going to win, win, win.
    And tonight Our Pat is going to play Goran for wimbledon and hopefully wee'll see a second aussie headband wearing player named Pat win wimbledon

16. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    What's the goss with Sth Sydney? If they're coming back into the comp then i'm all for that, I like SS and thought they shouldn't have gone in the first place.
    Yeah I think you'll take out the cricket, wasn't hard to see England were crap.
    As for the tennis I don't think Pat will do it, Goran's been playing the best tennis of his life and there's a fire in his belly that's burning, he's in the zone so to speak.

Also just heard Johns was named to play against the Kiwis, probably the right decision.

17. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    I don't like Souths getting back in as it isn't fair to balmain who merged. It also stuffs up the 14 team comp deal all teams signed. So I'm against.

The cricket is cool, I love us winning! It is very good to stick it to the Poms!

Rafter lost, but Goran's insane!

And the test team was good, except for Fletcher, becuase he's been crap lately. I woulda put Civonaceva (ha, sp!) in. And I'm NSW!

18. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    With souths the thing I can't understand is where are they are going to get enough quality players from to fill in the teams.

What will happen is that the comp will become will get a diluted talent pool, so some games will be totally one sided battles, and that just sucks. The game should be getting teams that have parity between clubs, so the matches are harder to predict.

And I also want to know where the 14th club will come from? If Norths split then the Manly eagles will survive but I don't believe that Northern Sydney Bears could last, they rely on the sydney membership base to move full time up to Gosford

And the cricket is just becoming a laugh, now england is minus Nasser Hussain with his finger injury,

19. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    //Rugby spew

Super 14 my bottom, what a load of crap that will be. Where are you Aussies going to find another state team? And the Sth Africans, 3 of their 4 teams are crap so why add another. They struggle getting players for the four they have.
    Now our national Provincial comp is in threat because the season is so jam packed of rugby. Cutting end of year tours is not the answer. I say move the tri-nations comp to every 3 years and continue with the old format of having tours.

//end spew

20. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Say who'll win the rugby league this weekend between australia and the kiwi's?
    My kiwi friends has been giving me heaps over our chances, but I cannot pick it

21. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Hello again, well australia won both the leagua and the union, the union was a very good game, a bit scary to, I was taking the train from Bondi where I work to home, I have never seen so many poms in one place, each carriage in the train had about 150 poms in lion's jerseys, carrying placards and singing songs , I could barely hear my walkman over the racket they made.
    But I got home and saw most of the match, it really turned towards the last 20 minutes, burke landed a few and we were equal and then we got 6 ahead due to england giving a few penalties, ( thanks england )

22. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I think they'd object to being called English but a good game none the less, I thought the Lions were going to do it in the last few seconds.
    League wasn't that great, it could have been worse. I think you Aussies have a great advantage with the Origin games, a good build up to the test.
    Warriors were pitiful.

23. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Just received this in my inbox. It's long, but worth it. :)

---
    London , Sunday : Following the crushing defeat of England in the first test, the International Cricket Council has imposed a new set of rules to make the contest more even.

The new rules were formulated in conjunction with James Miller, 9, of Enfield and his school chums .

As a result, England has been granted an electric wickie, freeing up wicket keeper Alex Stewart to defend the boundary. Under the rule, Australian batsmen will be deemed out "caught behind" if the ball snicks their bat and lands in the immediate area behind the wicket.

The rule is a compromise from the original English proposal which had pushed for electric slips as well. The ICC refused that request on the grounds that "someone has to go and get the ball when an Australian misses it."

In addition, Australia is under strict "tip and run" restrictions which require they take a run off every ball they hit.

Following his performance in the first test Australian wicketkeepe Adam Gilchrist has "six and out" restrictions imposed on him. As well, following complaints from English fielder, Gilchrist will have to get the ball if it goes across the road.

Instead of using a bat, Slater will now be obliged to use his arm with jumper wrapped around it.

New rules for England include "one hand, one bounce" while they are fielding, and the provision of "last man carries" when they are batting.

Australian captain Steve Waugh has vigourously opposed the "last man carries" rule and has launched an appeal. Waugh says Australia will only agree to the rule if there are electric wickets at the end, allowing Aussie fielders to throw to the stumps at either end.

A spokesperson for the ICC also announced that following six successive ducks "from now on Craig White can't get out for a duck". The English medium pace bowler will also be allowed to wrap the ball's seam with electrical tape when he's bowling in the second innings.

The spokesperson added there will be "no LB" for English batsmen unless "it is really, really obvious."

Shane Warne has conceded that its "fair enough" that he has to bowl underarm (but not molly grubbers) to the English tail end.

Despite the changes, Australia remains firm favourites going into the Second Test, paying $0.22, while an English win is currently paying $1.3 trillion
    ---

:D :D

24. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    HA HA!
    very funny, 'specially the bit about Gilchrist, you'd think they learn after his first game in limited overs, wouldn't you?

If we had Dean Jones and Gilchrist in limited overs, No one would have a chance against us would they?

25. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    :D :D :D :D :D

:eek: Don't tell me the Wallabies are human! :eek:

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.