1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

Oceania The Stadium Australia Commentary Box [Australian FF Version]

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by epic, Apr 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I put the loss down to the team being hungover from the farewell party they gave Rod
  2. Sith Interceptor Force Ghost

star 4
    South Sydney back in the competition is the best result allround for the NRL. They may not like it, but it was ridiculous to exclude them from the competition in the first place.

Blacklock has a mortgage on the leading tryscorers....AGAIN! He must really suck... NOT! :eek:

Newcastle concede that they are nothing without Andrew Johns. I tend to agree, as do most. There is no doubt he is the best player in the world, and the Raiders soon realised that fact on Sunday afternoon.

Jason Taylor becomes the most prolific point-scorer in Rugby League. Pity he's such a hack as Parramatta will soon learn come the semis.

The AFL competition is very even at the moment as Essendon aren't as dominant as they were last year. Still the flag favourites, but there are a few teams who can definately topple the boys from Windy Hill, noteably the Brisbane Lions, Port Adelaide, and Carlton.

The Swans continue to bring their opponents down to their level and manage to win games in less than convincing fashion.

Thorpe is just a freak and Hackett ain't far behind.

I clocked up a respectable 56mins in the 11km Sutherland to Surf.

3. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Just incase you didn't hear about the cricket... <must remain calm... :D > <can't hold it in :D ...> Mwu ha ha ha ha [face_laugh]

RATFLMAO

4. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes hampshire beat the aussies, nine balls to go, four runs to win, colin miller puts on one the leg side, a boundary is scored, game over
    bloody close game though, a win by two wickets and it went right down to the second last over

be careful though, you may be permanently damaged for life, if you going to laugh at a two wicket penultimate over victory, then if we lose by more than five you'll be in hospital with a heart attack,
  5. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not so much the 2 wicket win but "Hampshire" crikey I'd be down right distraught if the Kiwi's lost to those guys.
    But alas you learn from your mistakes and i'm predicting another win for the baggy green.
  6. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Warney played for hampshire and he even said they deserved the win, the declaration for the second innings from australia made the game a lot more exciting than it was up till that time, steve made the game lotsa fun by doing that
  7. Sith Interceptor Force Ghost

star 4
    well you know what they say:

ya can't win 'em all. ;)
  8. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, we won again :D
    nuff said
    but I hope steve get's better by next test
  9. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    New Zealand Warriors make the finals! WOO! The Broncos lose 6 in a row... will they beat the Eagles? Damnit, they better. Hopefully they'll face either the Sharks or the Bulldogs in the first round.

Essendon are getting their big guns back now... they're still the faves, but I do hope the Lions can go all the way this year.

England crumble again in the second innings. McGrath and Warne rule.
  10. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man so stoked about the Warriors, I was jumping around the room and nearly took out a light when Gyer missed that kicked. I think we are in for a decent shot at the title, a top 4 place at last.

11. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Whose playing who in the last round? I think the Eels and the Johns-lead Knights are the two best bets. The Broncos don't stand a chance on current form. Just making the finals, finally, is already a great season for the Warriors but if they can pull an upset in the first round, it'll be all the more merrier.
  12. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dragons versus the Dogs is going to be a close game, saints need a draw at least to stay in the top 8
  13. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    We've got some major playoffs coming up, it's gonna be a great weekend.

As for the rugby; don't expect a visit from me anytime soon. :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.