main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania The Stadium Australia Commentary Box v.8.0

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Dagsy, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    After having a good first day with 4-294, thanks almost entirely to Vaughans apparently lucky 177, England have collapsed so far today to be 7-325.

Lets hope they go for under 350, and we can teach them how to bat second...

EDIT: Make that 8-325

2. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    That seems to be England's biggest problem at the moment, keeping their minds on the game for the full match!

Warne and Gillespie are on FIRE today!

3. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, the test is looking pretty fun. England collapsed in their 1st innings to be all out for 342...in return, we got 9(dec)-552, with Punters getting 154...Martyn just missed his century, with 95. Gilchrist got a fast 50...and Bichel got 48. Australia leading by 210 on the first innings.

In reply, the poms are now 3-36 in their second innings. Rain is apparently forecast for tomorrow.

In the Aussie innings, Lehmann got all of 5 runs. He dropped a catch of Michael Vaughan too. He got 30 and 20no in the first test.

I hate to be harsh, but if he isnt contributing much, give his place to someone younger.

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Ahh Cricket!

Don't think the poms could put anything together even if the aussies let them. Nice play so far, have to give it to you Aussies you are playing very well at the moment. Great to see Gillespie back in action too.

I'm seeing 5-0 on the horizon...

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    There was a time on Sunday when I thought England had a chance, that would have been when Alec Stewart was scoring most of his runs off boundaries. Then it all went downhill from there, nuff said.

I'm interested if the selectors will take Brett Lee for perth, he could really wreak havoc if get's his line & length right

6. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Well, Lee's in the side and he's having fun with the england side right now.

The pom's won the toss and went in to bat, should be interesting if the pitch dries out any further

7. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Pity about Hayden. I was sure he was going to pile on the runs today.

:)

Another good day for the Aussies. Good to see.

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Give us the bloody urn!!!! We earned that urn!!!!

9. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Evidently they have a problem sending the urn because its too fragile.

Didnt stop them sending the Pommie team though, did it?

10. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    I'm loving how the Daily Telegraph is "leading" the campaign to get the Ashes here. That campaign has been going on since 1993, it's not a new thing.

But the Aussies rule more than the Poms suck.

And how boring will it be with these one-dayers, the poor cousin to test cricket.

11. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Argh! Sri Lanka is a good one-day side. Even if they do have a cheat for a star bowler and their character of a captain Ranatunga isn't back.

I sorta miss that fat bugger.

12. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Well the first of the one-dayers wasn't too bad. I was out there today. Sunny, Hot and loads of crazy beer-laden brits (and aussies), plus a fairly decent game of cricket.

13. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Very good and I'm very happy with us getting away to a good start to the series after last year's debacle.

Saw a bit of the New Zealand/India test match the other day. Nice catch to end the innings, BTW. And I'd just like to add that the graphics for the New Zealand coverage are much better than Channel 9's. It's much more viewer friendly and informative to see where the field is and the 3D view of where shots have been played really does go beyond the 'Wagon Wheel'.

Channel 9's new Hawkeye is cool and all, but it's more helpful to either a bowler or batsmen to see what the bowler has been doing. Who really watches a game and thinks "I wonder how well McGrath is grouping his deliveries today?"

14. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    How was Nick Knight not in the test team? If it was injury, he looks more healthy than most of the actual team have been. If its because he is pegged as a one day player...well, he is doing well enough to warrant test selection over their other players.

In short....get him in the Pommie team.

EDIT: Telephone call for Stuart MacGill.

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    What happened??? I've been out all night and most of the day and I get back to hear that Warney has a broken collar bone?!?!?!

16. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Dove for a ball going past him, landed badly, and popped his shoulder out of place. Anterior Dislocation. Perhaps 4-6 weeks to heal.

17. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I dont think MacGill will get in....
    The selectors seem not to make the best decisions, so im thinking they will go with Hauritz ( not that he is that bad, mind), using the excuse of needing youth in the team for when Warnie retires....

18. Ooryl Qyrgg

Feb 25, 2000
    On the contrary, the selectors have done pretty well in my view.

And yes, they'll pick MacGill, he's the natural replacement. But will they play 2 spinners in Sydney now? They probably should, but won't, instead relying on Lehmann I guess.

And MacGill shouldn't (and can't) go to the World Cup, and it looks like Hogg will be the prime replacement, but Hauritz will go also.

19. Ooryl Qyrgg

Feb 25, 2000
    4-0, although a little shaky for the Aussies. Steve Waugh's battles continue, almost comical his 3 dismissals today.

McGrath may be out of the 5th test also.

20. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Its all happening at the SCG!

You bloody ripper Steve!

21. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    If you didn't watch Steve Waugh's performance today, I feel for you. You poor, pitiful bastard.

22. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!!!!!!!!!!

That was bloody fantastic

23. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Agggghhhhhh!!!! That's why I love test match cricket. What a match this is and what an innings this is! And Gilchrist's little cameo was perfect.

Let's hope they both go on with it tomorrow!

And how good was it that a few selectors were in the dressing room at the time. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in there now.

24. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Agggghhhhhh!!!! That's why I love test match cricket. What a match this is and what an innings this is! And Gilchrist's little cameo was perfect.

Let's hope they both go on with it tomorrow!

And how good was it that a few selectors were in the dressing room at the time. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in there now.

25. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Well the australia a versus sri lanka game was just a walk over. It finished before I left work tonight, now that's an achievement.

I liked what Simon O'Donnell said about it. " I love commentating in adelaide, it's just a pity it won't for be very long"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.