main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania The Stadium Australia Commentary Box v.8.0

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Dagsy, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    The Chucker is back tomorrow!!! Finally, I've been waiting for more Chucker debate for years now!

Unfortunately it looks like all the bent-elbow talk will remain off the field since umpires have been told not to no-ball chuckers from now on. Bloody hell the ICC have no idea!

I also wish Arjuna was still playing. :(

2. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It's going to be a tough battle tonight

Only solution; swap sides with Aus A :p

3. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmmm, its been a while between updates.

Sri Lanka is out of the one day series.

The Aussies have a few injuries here and there...

And Shane Warne has decided to retire from one day cricket after the World Cup.

Not to mention the fact that Sri Lankan players (or their board) are yet to sign their contract for the World Cup, due on 13 Jan. India have signed, but cut out key clauses.

Why does the ICC let them all have special treatment?

If they dont have to sign, if they dont have to have the same contracts, then it isnt fair to other countries abiding by the rules.

To tennis....great match between El Aynoui and Roddick last night. Amazing...went to 21-19 in the 5th.

The final 4 in the mens draw...well 3 of them...Agassi and Wayne Ferreira, Roddick and Rainer Schuttler. Womens side Serena Williams vs Kim Cljisters, and Venus Williams vs...someone.

And to basketball...the Kings are actually still near the top of the ladder...but are up to their old tricks of losing to the bottom teams in the league....hmmm.

4. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Well it's just under 12 hours till kick off in the Australia/England football friendly at Upton Park. I hope you're all getting up early to watch us get our arses kicked.

;)

Also, Warney... how long a ban do you think he'll get?

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I reckon at least until the end of the world cup, Ponting is right when he said Warne was either naive or stupid when he took the pill.

I personally he was experimenting with the performance enhancers in order to get that zoota of his working, he knows that he's getting near the end of his tether with that arm of his going bung and he's trying to get an edge over his competitors, nothing like proving that an old dog can learn new tricks to get his spot secured.

tough excrement i say

6. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I haven't seen an England team that apathetic since, well, their last friendly match. A deserved 3-1 win for Australia, but really, I don't think any Australian will believe that Sven put the best 11 (or 22) players on the pitch.

And Harry was an absolute star.

7. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    LMAO at the soccer. I'm loving reading the defensive Poms online this morning. But by all accounts they haven't really looked at all interested this week. Sven probably would've been better served by just playing his B-team and giving them a shot at impressing him for the big matches. Knowing your big names are only showing up for half a game is never a great attitude to take into a match of anything.

Sharid Latif is cleared of calling Adam Gilchrist a "White c..." just a month after Lehman is given 5 games for calling no-one a "black c...". The ICC lives in fear of the sub-continent. And why's their stance on touring Zimbabwe different from touring South Africa 15 years ago?

Warne is as guilty as sin on this whole thing. Blaming his mother is such a desperate and pathetic attempt to save himself that I'm not even going to give him a benefit of the doubt on this whole thing. Just cop it Warne, you're not going to be forgiven this time around by the Aussie public.

Good on Symonds for the other night too. Loved seeing him finally deliver on his promising talent. I'll admit I shook my head when I saw his name on the team list.

Super 12 trials: NSW vs Some Kiwi team, NSW lost 41-40. Heaps of tries scored and 11000 people actually showed up here last night. The Waratahs first ever game in the local comp here, not bad since they're supposed to be our team according to them. The crowd was said to be very ho-hum about the night too.

8. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Absolutely loved that match, nothing better than beating the Poms...again! Out of all the sports you'd think that they'd have a good chance of beating us in football: 3-1 is just inexcusable, best side or no! They're supposed to be the No. 8 side! I propose an expedition to the British Forums to give 'em some!

Here here on the Symonds sensation wedge, I've been waiting for that innings for a little too long. Who on this earth would have predicted an innings like THAT come from a man who, for the past 3 years, has seriously struggled internationally. I was a happy chappy.

9. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    I agree completely, Wedge...Latif got off because the ICC are afraid to stand up to people from the subcontinent. I was watching the game when the incident occurred, and Gillies reaction was crazy, running to the Umps. There was no way there would have been such a big reaction for any small matter. Add to that Wasim Akram saying "it should have stayed on the field". If nothing happened, then what needs to stay on the field? Its rubbish. And now Latif says he is going to sue the entire Aussie team. What a headcase.

The soccer was interesting. Even if its just a friendly, its always good to beat the Poms.

The Kings are now on top of the NBL ladder *Gasp*. OMG!

10. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    That Latif thing is so hypocritical of the ICC. Apparently, there is no such thing as racism towards a white person [face_plain]

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more press, actually. Lehmann says something and it makes headlines. Latif makes a similar comment towards an Aussie player and it is saved for the back pages. What a joke.

It's time to go, Warney. You've had 10 scandals too many. On your way.

11. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    I think you'll find the difference between Lehmann and Latif was that EVERYONE heard Lehmann, whereas only Gilchrist heard Latif. Hence, it was one word against the other, and not too many courts convict when it comes to that.

AUSTRALIA 3- eNGLAND 1. !! ! Random happiness. Australia throughly deserved it, Kewell is a superstar. The Poms have no excuse, they were beaten fair and square.

And being an unashamed Warne fan, I reserve judgement, only to say that he is an obvious idiot. Was he sleeping when the team was given that talk on drugs?? Ha. He'll be banned for 3-6 months, nothing more.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm excited! Socceroos, woo.

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    We can beat England 3-1, but we can't beat Uraguay? I know this was a friendly and the other was a World Cup qualifier but still... :(

13. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    A sentiment many have echoed...

Aus win over India, with Gillespie superb, 10 iovers, 3-13!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.