main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Star Wars AOTC Promotional CD Kerfuffle

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by fuzzbox77, May 5, 2014.

1. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    Quick question to you collectors and general fans of SW music and rarities. I need some clarification on one particular CD.

*Across The Stars Promotional CD*

There are two of them - the CD-R Custom promotional 3 Track CD (and then) the 3 Track Official Promotional CD with artwork. I am speaking of the latter.

My question is: How many of these CD's were produced as I am getting conflicting information. I have been told by select soundtrack/music dealers that they produced as few as 1200 of these promotional discs and are pretty damn rare.

A number of fans have quoted (unless they are scamming to get a copy) that they are ten a penny and not worth more than £1/$2.

Now I know something is only worth as much as you want to pay for it (like the Kenner vintage line) but when I have seen one up for grabs at £80 here in the UK at MCM Comic-Con and it was unsealed. However, I have two copies and one is still factory sealed.

So can anyone clarify the rarity and numbers produced?

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I've taken a quick look over at the FSM boards and found nothing - do you mean actual 'promo' CDs (i.e. not officially for sale) or the CD single released before the album?

I remember nearly buying the Duel of the Fates CD single, didn't get around to it, then the TPM soundtrack came out, so I just got that instead - seem to recall it was the same deal with AOTC. Don't think there was any exclusive content on either.

I'll swing this over to the Collecting forum if no one has any answers here by the end of the week, someone there might have an answer.

3. fuzzbox77

Mar 31, 2008
    Hey Mr Nub,

The actual Promo CD for Across The Stars (3 Track Radio Edit Promo with Picture Sleeve). They never turn up anywhere. The closest I have got was the more common Sony CD-R Promo in a white sleeve. But the other isn't listed in many places.

I did see two posts on the Soundtrackcollector forums of people looking for it. Those posts were dated from 2004 and 2005.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    That's a tricky one, all I can find are sites with downloads for it (which obviously I can't link to), but one had a couple of screenshots plus a track listing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

01 - Across The Stars: Love Theme From Attack Of The Clones (With Movie Dialog And Effects) [04:33]
    02 - Across The Stars: Love Theme [02:39]
    03 - Across The Stars (Instrumental Edit) [04:26]

I'll move this over to Collecting now, and leave a permanent redirect in Music (which will eventually get bumped down the page).

Good luck!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I can't find this in any of my collecting books so no help there.

6. fuzzbox77

Mar 31, 2008
    Thanks, Darth_Nub!

That's the one. I can't even find my open copy now so all I have left is the sealed one. Bugger.