main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Star Wars Channel?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Cungr_Vanck, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Okay, this occurred to me while cooking dinner.

Movies, TV shows, video games etc...they are all moving toward being exclusively online. Its cheaper, you can leave out commercials, play the a show when you want to and then pause for a bathroom break, play games that are no longer readily available, and much more.

So how long before we get a Star Wars channel? Something like Netflix where you pay a small fee monthly to access the entire Star Wars video library?

Consider how much content you would need...there are 60 minutes in a hour, 24 hours in a day, and 7 days a week for a total of 10,080 minutes a week.

Adding up the six original films, 100 The Clone Wars episodes (projected), The Clone Wars movie, the other Clone War cartoon, the Ewok & Droids cartoons (not all of them, just the ones on DVD), Ewok movies, Spaceballs, Fanboys, Thumbwars, Robot Chicken, Family Guy Star Wars, and some (by no means all!) fan films and you come out with around 4,197 minutes or just shy of half a weeks worth of continuous programming. This is not counting documentaries, "making of" extras, other fan films and such. Now add in cut scenes from the videos games or just video of an orchestra playing John Williams works. You are getting close to over half a weeks programming.

In the future, lets say we get the Seth Green comedy show and the live action series. Lets say that the animation side of things make some direct to online distribution movies (I fully expect this) or more animated series. Getting close to a weeks full programming!

If you got yourself a laptop with a good wireless internet connection you could have the entire Star Wars library at your fingers tips, 24 hours a day, over most of the planet!

I would sign up for this! How about you?

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh yeah I thought about this this weekend when Spike was running their OT marathon. I thought Lucas should be running the movies on his own channel and getting the ad revenue from the commercials instead of Spike. I don't think it will ever happen though. For Lucas' history of being cutting edge he has been slow to embrace 3-D, slow to embrace BluRay and you can't Pay-for-Play/stream any of the Star Wars films currently. Imagine being able to (legally) watch Empire on your cell phone while waiting in line at the DMV. It seems Lucas is as slow to embrace technology as I am.

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Is there a "drop box" to be able to put bugs in our beloved Uncles ears? Cungr, your a genius. =D=

4. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    The moment this becomes a reality, I will be dropping my Netflix subscription and getting this. Great idea Cungr!

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

You know, I really wish that he would actually listen to the fans. I can understand that this is his baby and he does what he wants, but let's not forget that without us, he has nothing. WE make this what it is and has become, and we should have some of our wishes granted.

Help us fulfill thiese dreams Uncle George...you are our only hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.