main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The Star Wars Expanded Universe Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Alright, here is the place to discuss new Star Wars books, comics, games, and all other things outside of the movie-verse. Spoilers are allowed, but please warn in advance so that they can be avoided. Please remain civil and debates on "Is EU Canon or Not?" is strictly prohibited. Basically, if you don't like the EU, don't post here, it's as simple as that. Also, if you don't like an author's work, don't bash. Write a critique, explain why you didn't like said work, but mindless bashing (ex. "OMG Zahn is teh suck!!1!") is just plain rude. Oh, and have fun. ;)

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I call declaring the first topic of discussion! (basically because I got here first)

What's your favorite SW comic line current or past? (ie Republic, Infinities, Union...)

I'm most fond of Infinities and Empire. I think I like them both because they deal with the OT characters. I just don't have the same love for the Jedi, even Obi Wan and Anakin, that I do for Han, Luke, and Leia. That and they leave Padme out too much.

Infinities is neat because it does what we all have been doing for years. What if this hadn't happened, how would SW have changed. It's rather fun. I just wish they would do multiple sets for each movie. If they call it Infinities there should be an infinite number of stories that can be told.

3. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    All time? I'd have to go with Tales of the Jedi (excluding the first two series chronologically, never much got into those). The Ulic Qel-Droma storyline is one of the most powerful stories in SW history, and still to this day remains my favorite.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    The Ulic Qel-Droma storyline is one of the most powerful stories in SW history, and still to this day remains my favorite.

I'm going to have to read this one.

I like Tales, and Infinities is pretty interesting too. I'm reading more of the Clone War comics nowadays, because I want to know more about Asajj Ventress and the Battle of Kamino and such.

My favorite Tales is when Boba Fett and Darth Vader get into a lightsaber duel over Han. :D

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I need to find those too. Maybe my Barnes will have them. I can read them whilst I sit there, for free.

6. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I haven't picked up the Infinities line. I probably will pick them up in trade paperback form. I do get Empire and Republic, and I like 'em both.

BTW, I'm currently working on customs of Corran Horn and Whistler. Without reading "I, JEDI", does anyone remember what color Whistler (R2 unit) was?

I can't remember!

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hmmm. I don't know the color of Whistler off the top of my head, I suppose I could go look it up in I, Jedi.

**go looks up**

Well, from the cover, Whistler looks like he is a white droid with greenish paint on him, like Artoo except a dark green. Hope this helps.

8. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Is it green or black? I couldn't decide just by looking at the cover. Is there any place to check?

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    On the tf.n main page there is a link to the unofficial SW encyclopedia. That might tell you something about it.

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I suppose I could reread the 500+page book to help out here.. ;) But that would involve me stopping rereading Destiny's Way. Decisions, decisions. :D lol!

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Probably mentioned in the first couple chapters.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I did breeze through the first three chapters, to my dismay, I didn't see anything about the droid. :( Maybe it's in the first Rogue Squadron book, which sadly, I don't have. I only have book 9 in that.

13. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I have all of the Rogue Squadron series.

Whistler is green and white.

Hope this helps.

14. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i believe it is in the book I Jedi

15. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    That helps a ton, thanks guys.

16. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Two books out today, Jedi Trial and Republic Commando: Hard Contact. Go out and buy them! :p

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Are they both Clone Wars novels or is one post-NJO?

18. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Both Clone Wars novels, with Jedi Trial being an Anakin story set six months before ROTS. It should be cool based on that alone.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I still can't get into those. I tried with the Med-Star books again. Zzzzzzzzzz. I guess I just like the original characters best. I have a better connection with them.

20. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    The only book I ZZZZZZZZ thru is the Planet of Twilight. For some reason it just seems boring. I can't bring myself to finish it. I going to go to Crystal Star instead.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    The only series that didn't bore me were of course the NJO and the X-Wing series.

I have not read any of the MedStar books yet...

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Want mine?

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Do I want to read them? Yes. ;) I haven't had time to go to the library to find them, and even if I did, they would probably be checked out. I don't usually buy books unless I have read them first, just so I don't waste money.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I hate libraries. I love to keep my books as little trophies. That and I always forget to return them so it's really cheaper. Scott if you want the first one it's yours. I can either mail it to you or wait until the next meeting. I only have the first, never bothered about the second.

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    For free??? You really didn't like that one, did you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.