main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The Star Wars Expanded Universe Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I've been waiting for Labyrinth of Evil to come out on paperback for a while.

I may have to make a quick book run today! :)

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    So... Almost done with TJK...

Jaina and Zekk didn't do anything together, did they? That whole section was a bit surprising, and I couldn't tell what they were hinting at so good.

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I really want this book: Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels by Stephn J Sansweet and Pablo Hidalgo! But it is listed for $150. Does anyone know if it is going to be offered in soft cover (therefore more affordable?)

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    jedi_runya posted on 10/5/05 9:43pm
    I really want this book: Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels by Stephn J Sansweet and Pablo Hidalgo! [hr][/blockquote]

Sounds cool!

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=jedi_runya][b]jedi_runya[/b][/link] [b]posted on 10/5/05 9:43pm[/b][hr] But it is listed for $150. Does anyone know if it is going to be offered in soft cover (therefore more affordable?)
    [hr][/blockquote]

Not that cool! I hadn't heard a price actually, this is the first I have heard a figure. I haven't seen anything on the Lit forum about it anyway...

As for Scott's question: [hl=black]I think what was agreed on in Lit was that they just cuddled. The whole situation is creepy though, how they finish each others thoughts and such. It's sad too, since Zekk still loves Jaina and she does not love him, at least in that way. But they didn't do the horzontial mamba, no sir.[/hl]

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    It is listed at Amazon. Of course with their discount it is only $94.50... ;)

6. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Just finished the Cestus Deception this morning.

It was interesting, I was hoping for more of a fight between Kenobi & Ventress, but hey I still enjoyed it.

The short story The Hive was also cool with the booby traps and killer worms.

I'm getting ready to start reading Medstar I: Battle Surgeons.

Hope it is good! :)

7. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I also just finished Cestus Deception . I enjoyed it very much. Action, drama, romance and Jedi battles, deception. Wow a great read. The Hive was cool too, wished they elaborated a bit more. I could have read more of that.

Uh Spoiler....
    Wow I could not stop reading, near the end. I kept wanting to know more about the relationship of the Clone trooper Nate and the woman Sheeka Tull. that shocked me, but I kept reading, and not able to put it down. I almost cried when he died. This was one of the better books I have read in a while.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    The Medstar books are basically ER, in space, with a Jedi. ;)

9. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I finished/got around to reading, Last of the Jedi Dark Warning...It was ok..but not as good as the Jedi Quest or the Jedi Apprentice series. This was also the last book with Obi Wan in it and I am thinking what is the point of reading the series then... Ferus Olin and Trever are just not that interesting of characters to carry a series, IMO.

10. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    So true! But not a bad set of books.

Anyone know when Dressing a Galaxy is coming out? I thought it was to be released by now.

Plus anyone heard anything on, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Labyrinth of Evil Omnibusby James Luceno and Matthew Stover if or when it is still coming out. I wanted to preorder but could not find it.

11. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Just a FYI, in case anyone wanted to keep track of new releases. TheForce.net -> http://theforce.net/books/bookschedule.asp offers a list of books and what month they are due out. I find it invaluable... :D

Medic, it lists the Omnibus as due out in November.

12. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Just started the book this week. And chapter 4, wow wasnt expecting that.

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hmm.. It lists the Poster book to come out in December, when it is already out... LOL

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    It is ever changing... :p

15. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Here I am, for the first time in a decade, slipping back into the EU, and I can't find the darned book I want!
    I read part one of an 'old-ish' trilogy, and the next part now isn't due out until Feb.?!
    (Hard Contact, Triple Zero, etc.).
    Gah!!
    Nerd Angst! :oops:

16. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks, I go there pretty often. I cannot find them listed, I did see the 3 rd book of TJK for Dec.

I saw the poster book and knew it was coming out, and they have not changed that.

17. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    YES!!!!!!!! I got the email stating Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars shipped tofday! (I wonder if it comes with the CD?) I got mine through Buy.com

18. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Okay, while looking for something else this evening it required me to move several EU books. That in turn prompted me to count them. I have a current total of 67. I have some that are stored in another spot that I havent counted.

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    At last check I had over 80 in books alone, that's excluding TPB's and reference books.

20. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Just finished the second book of the Joiner King. Great series. yodaismygod....wow, chapter 4 was a shocker! Glad to see Jason doesn't just sit around and meditate all day long. :p
    Is it me or is Jason starting to have hints of being down right evil.

21. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    spideymj posted on 10/26/05 8:12pm
    Is it me or is Jason starting to have hints of being down right evil. [hr][/blockquote]

Um, yeah. I'm concerned that he is on a really slipperly slope towards Sithliness.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Jacen started having those hints way back in the NJO series.

And I do indeed think he's going to become the next Sith. But I won't go into my explanation of what I think the Legacy of the Force series is going to be like here. Too many spoilers. PM me instead. ;)

23. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm working on The Unseen Queen. Shocking developments so far.

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Dark Lord comes out tomorrow...

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Seriously? Awesome!!

Guess I'll have to fight people at the library for it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.