main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Star Wars Fan Fic Writers? Silent Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Erin-Starlight, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Very nice, Miana. I like the view of Owen, how he perceived what happened to Anakin and Luke. Very angsty, as well. :)

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Mahalo, Musical Jedi.

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Mahalo? I'm guessing that's thank you in Hawaiian... Given your sig and all. ;)

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    oops, yeah, it was. [face_blush]

Oh, I just noticed your sig, TMJ! I just saw Lilo & Stitch, and I love it! Except it makes me miss Hawaii! :_|

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Here's a little one i just thought of...

~~~~~~
    Coruscant has always been my home, as well as my mother's. My grandma moved here when she was a teenager, after the Empire was overthrown. She had my mommy, who stayed here and got involved with the New Republic. She met my daddy, who was a pilot, and married him when she was older. Then they had me. Grammy would tell me about how things used to be when some bad guy named Palpyteenie ruled, and how Coruscant was full of bad men. Grammy died just last year, Mommy leaving off where Grammy's tales stopped.

My friend Leikele's mom was a polystitchin, just like my mommy, and would always tell me about these old battles and wars that were fought during the time of Palpyteenie, but Leikele and I knew she had just made them up. I mean, a whole legion of stormtwoopers couldn't have been beaten by Ewoks, right?

Anyway, somefwing happend just last week. I was playing at Leikele's house when her nanny got a call from Leikele's mom, telling me to go home. We live on the same floor of our building, so I walked down the hall to my section. When I got inside, I found both Mommy and Daddy sitting on the couch, watching the holonews. Both of them were crying. I asked Mommy what was wrong, but she wouldn't answer me, having our droid lead me to my room.

Inside, I asked our droid Fourdee why Mommy and Daddy were crying, and she told me that some guy named Wuke Skyaker had died. I didn't know who that was, so I asked Fourdee. Fourdee started telling me the same tales Leikele's mom had told me, saying that dis Wuke guy had fought in them. He was the guy who had killed Palpyteenie and saved the galaxy. Fourdee said he was a Dweadi Knight, and he fought against the bad people. I didn't know much about Dweadis, but I knew they had cool swords called life savers, like the candy.

We went to Wuke's funeral, which was held in front of Mommy's work, the place where all the Polystitchins worked. Since Mommy was a polystitchin, we got to be up front, so I could see real good. A big parade brought dis Wuke guy up, and everyone around me was crying. Even da people at the vewy front were crying. Mommy pointed out one of the ladies in the front, saying that she was Pwincess Waya, Wuke's sister. She told me da names of everyone else up there, but I didn't listen, I was watching them bring Wuke up onto the stage. A lot of people went up and talked, making more people cry. I didn't listen cuz I was busy looking for Leikele in the crowd.

After about an hour, people began to leave. Mommy and Daddy started to leave, but I had squeezed through the crowd and gone over to a little flower bush. I picked the pertiest flower there was and went up onto the stage. Pwincess Waya was still crying, being hugged by the people that were up there. She saw me up on the stage, her eyes stopping to watch me. I went over to the big box that Wuke was in, putting the flower on it. I bade him a silent goodbye, seeing Pwincess Waya kneel down next to me. I told her not to worry about Wuke. The Fork was with him.

6. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    sweet, realy swet.

the Admiral

7. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    Okay, so I'm a little late with this, but that's because I originally wasn't happy with what I wrote. I'm still not completely happy, but am happy enough to post. If anyone's still reading this thread, enjoy!

~*~

Pretense

Anakin switched off the holotransmitter and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. It wasn?t as if they Council deliberately waited for the worst possible moments to suddenly recall him, no matter what it might seem like at times. Still, couldn?t they have given him a day at least? He had only just arrived.

At the periphery region of his vision something moved, and Anakin turned to see his wife standing in the doorway. He opened his mouth to tell her the bad news, but closed it again. From the sorrowful expression on her face, he knew she must have overheard.

Padmé walked over and for a second time Anakin opened his mouth, this time to apologize, to beg forgiveness for having to leave again so soon after getting there, and for a second time he was stopped, this time by his wife laying her forefinger on his lip and shaking her head slightly. Words were not necessary; he didn?t need to explain. She had been through it before, many times. They both had.

Anakin gently took hold of his wife?s wrist with his good hand and moved it up slightly, bringing her palm to his lips and kissing it. She gently shook her captive wrist free and entwined her fingers with Anakin?s, then almost aggressively did the same with his mechanical hand. He recoiled slightly as he always did when she touched the droid arm ? he still couldn?t reconcile to the idea that Padmé didn?t find his disability as repulsive as he did, even after all that time, as well as numerous displays on her part.

His wonderment at Padmé?s willingness to accept him was forgotten when she brought her lips to his and he became lost in her. Anakin maneuvered his wife towards the bed and wasted any time, having none to waste. They were lovers with the knowledge that come morning, they would be forced to part ways. Neither of them wanted to accept that this might be the last time they saw each other ? nor could either of them help but remember that incessantly in the deep recesses of their minds. They fell asleep in each other?s arms, clinging desperately to one another, knowing it wouldn?t be long before the real world dragged them apart once more.

Anakin woke first. He lay on his side, propped up on his good arm, and watched his wife sleep. She really was an angel, he decided, as he studied every line and every surface of her image . . . not that he needed to, having had memorized every inch of her face years ago. Her profile was immortalized in his head and he wasn?t ever going to forget her. Shifting slightly, Anakin freed his good arm and gently traced his finger across Padmé?s face.

He didn?t know when Padmé woke, only that he gradually became aware of a change in her breathing. She was aware that he knew she was awake, but didn?t open her eyes. It was better that way; neither was good with saying good-bye.

It was time to go. Anakin quickly got dressed while Padmé continued to pretend to sleep. Anakin pretended not to notice the moistness on her cheeks. He pretended that the same moistness was missing from his own.

As he took one final longing look at his wife, he wished desperately that one day they might be free to live a life without all that pretending, to wake up in the morning and know that the only thing they had to do was to spend the rest of that day in each other?s company, and to do the same thing the next day, and the next, and the next; to be with each other without the all-too-real fear that this time together would be their last; to be husband and wife, openly, and not just behind locked doors; to let his love for her be known throughout the galaxy. He took one final look at her and knew that, however much he wished it, it would never be. Their lives were not first and foremost their own, and their duties to the rest of the universe would always c

8. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I was hoping this wasn't finished - anyone mind if I add to it?

Trade Off

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine stewed during the long trip to Naboo. He did it silently, both in his cabin and in his head. He had to be careful of any stray thoughts, and even of his use of the Force. Having the entire Jedi council on the Chancellor ship with him was cause for caution even from him.

The death of his apprentice had caught him by surprise, and he?d barely recovered in time to receive the news of the Trade Federation?s defeat. He would, when his visit to his home planet had been completed, sit down and begin to plan again. But as he considered, he realized that the occupation of Naboo by the Trade Federation wasn?t all that important. It had been the attack itself that had allowed him to manipulate the girl-queen into knocking Valorum from the position he himself currently held. The sympathy vote, as he had said to Amidala, had been what it took to get him elected. And once here, he would not let go. So, all in all, he was not so far off schedule. And the news was not all bad, he thought with a nasty smile. One of the meddling Jedi was dead, and that may prove good.

Finding a new apprentice would take time. Finding one that was as adept as Maul was may prove to be impossible, but he had the time to look, weigh, investigate, and, if necessary, corrupt one. Right now, the length of time he could take was variable. He still had time to maneuver.

He had calmed down when the shuttle from the ship touched down in Theed, and he waited serenely by the ramp to disembark. He knew which Jedi had been sent to Naboo the second time - since that fool Valorum hadn?t even told him he?d sent a team the first time - and as the ramp lowered, he searched for the miserable Jedi Master who had struck down his apprentice. His eyes moved quickly, dismissing Queen Amidala, the Jedi apprentice, the tag-along he?d seen at the Queen?s arrival on Coruscant, Panaka, Nute Gunray...

With a shock, his gaze jerked back to Obi-Wan Kenobi and noticed the tightness of grief in his usually placid, cow-like expression. This... This... Padawan? He had defeated Maul? He had cut off of the life of one of the most promising Sith Masters in years?

Only long practice kept the smile on his face, kept him from revealing himself and striking the upstart Jedi with a force blow that would shatter his ribs, or a lightning strike that would fry his heart in his chest. He didn?t know if he could actually do that, but he?d be willing to try it. Instead, he gathered the fury into a small ball and tucked it away, to save for later, when he could use it.

The ship lurched slightly as the ramp finished it?s descent, and Palpatine started down it, the Chancellor guards in dark blue right behind him. The Force showed him a glimpse of the boy, older, a braid behind his ear, a look of fury on his face, following behind Kenobi, and suddenly his smile was not so hard to maintain. He felt the tension leave his body. Apprentice for Padawan, he silently promised Kenobi as the Jedi bowed to him. You stole mine, I?ll take yours.

9. MrBoddy

MrBoddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    I just discovered this challenge. For some reason, an idea popped into my head immediately, and here it is. Note: a drabble is a work of exactly 100 words, not counting the title.

Title: An Ache and a Pain

Timeline: OT or after

Focus: Han Solo

Personal Drabble Tracker: 309 total; 6 SW

Han closed his eyes and waited for the pounding to become a dull throb again. Chewbacca understood about his headaches; the Wookiee always worked in absolute quiet when one came on.

The droids, though, they'd had to silence manually.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around. C3PO was waving his arms and fingers in intricate patterns. Right, Han thought. Six million forms would include some sign languages. But Han didn't understand any, and trying wouldn't help the pain.

He looked over to Chewie, who came over and, as quietly as possible, tore C3PO's arms from their sockets.

10. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    That was funny. :) Well done!

Just Jill

11. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    mr. boddy - i love your drabbles, as always. this one especially. chewie ripped his arms out of their sockets [face_laugh]

12. Angelic_Sith

Angelic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2000
    He was worn to the bone, tired beyond belief from the intense training sessions with Anakin and only longing for his bed in a quiet room and silently hoping that she would join him there. It had been nearly six months since he'd seen her last and had missed her every moment of the day. He missed waking up to her sleeping next to him, missed the vanilla scent of her hair, missed being able to look into her soft brown eyes, most of all though he missed being able to feel her in his arms. There was just something about holding her that made his worries over Anakin's training fade away, he even forgot for a time that he was a jedi that was in a sense braking the rules.

The council members were aware of his relationship with her, but he doubted that they really knew how attached he'd become to her. Who would've thought that Obi-wan Kenobi would fall so deeply in love that he was willing to give up his place amongst the jedi. He would have too, if she hadn't stopped him. She had known how much being a jedi was important to him, knew that he belonged with them. A soft smile caught his lips for a moment before he keyed open his door. Anakin's stuff was strewn all across the floor, his padawan obviously having forgotten to shed his clothing in his room not the living room. He barely registered the closed door to Anakin's room on the way to his own. The door was half closed, though his mind didn't really register that he had left it wide open that morning.

He'd shed his boots and left his belt on the chair by the door before he caught the faint outline of a person on his bed. He padded slowly forward curious as to how she'd managed to go unnoticed by his padawan when he noticed the subtle rise and fall of her chest, she was asleep. A soft gurgle penetrated his thoughts causing him to snap up right in surprise. For there nestled in the curve of her arm was a baby. A baby that was not only looking up at him but seemed to be studying the room around him. His hand slowly reached out as if trying to make certain that he was seeing what he was seeing and one of his fingers got caught in the soft grip of the infant. She, and he was pretty certain it was a she, giggled at her triumph and brought a smile to his lips.

Bright blue eyes looked up at him as if to ask whether or not he was going to pick her up and he tried to stifle a small laugh, but it escaped his lips anyways. It was suddenly quite amusing that this infant found capturing his finger funny. He knew in a glance that he'd had something to do with her being in the world and felt a swell of emotion like nothing he'd ever experienced. He was a father, something he'd never really felt like he was with Anakin. It was silly that a trained Jedi Knight could feel such pride, happiness, and contentment in just this little creature. He reached down and gently picked up the baby watching how the little girl just seemed to melt into his arms. Almost like she was meant to be there, as if just by his touch she knew she was home. Her mother shifted in her sleep settling into a more comfortable position, completely unaware that her love and her daughter were meeting for the first time.

He wanted to say so much to this little creature but found that words could not express any of what he wanted to say. Having neslted herself in his arms she gave a little yawn and fell right asleep, something only a baby could do. He found the weariness that had assaulted him on the way to his rooms had vanished replaced with a contentment. One that was caused by the little creature in his arms. After awhile of just standing there looking at her he moved to the window slowly reversing the polarity to reveal that nightscape of Courscant. He wanted to have the baby be awake so he could point out all of the sights of his homeworld and tell her all about the people he knew, but she was asleep though her hand still clutched his finger. A finger he was happy to let her have.

He was a father. He knew from his training that jedi did not have children or at least he didn't think they did. Though many

13. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Where in the world has then been burried - I may have to think of something to add - they are all just brillant!

14. Angelic_Sith

Angelic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2000
  15. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Jan 1, 2002
    uppity uppity

the Admiral

16. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Jan 1, 2002
    Just an Up !

the Admiral

17. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    This is probably worth resurrecting.

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    That The Rain Would Raineth Every Day

T
    ygon Jinnus sat on the bench near the entrance to the docking bays. Only moments ago, a ship that could only have been a Jedi transport had arrived from Coruscant. He waited now, staring uncomfortably at the ground, wondering how far away that transport had to have landed, how fast incoming traffic was being processed, how thick the crowds were.

Jinnus was a Republic Guardsman, now approaching retirement and holding a post on his home planet of Corellia. It was a mild day for the planet's summer, and had the skies had been overcast since daybreak.

The warm wind was barely noticable to the Guardsman.

He was thinking instead of the ship's passengers. How many there would be, what they would look like, if he would recognize any of them.

One in particular.

It had been nearly seventeen years since his sons, Richard and Tsion, had been tested by the Jedi Temple and taken for training at the ages of three and one. It had been eight since he had been able to come into even second-hand contact with them.

In those eight years, he had heard nothing of their progress. The boys, who were then called Richard and Josh Dijirrus, became distant memories, old acquaintances.

Until a few days ago.

A letter - hand-written, on paper - had arrived through the GalactiCo shipping company. A Master Rostov had tracked him down.

Rostov's name was familiar to Jinnus - before a Knight had taken Tsion as a padawan, Rostov had served as creche master to his clan. Jinnus knew Rostov to be a caring, wonderful example of the Jedi Order. He knew nothing about the knight who had claimed his son.

Joshua - as Tsion was still called - had passed a trial. The council had conferred upon him the order of Knighthood.

And, for some reason, Master Yoda had allowed him to break the rules.

Joshua Di'arris - he had altered the spelling of his honorific surname when he became a Knight - stood just beyond the security checkpoint, waiting for his companion to get through.

The companion was a Kameer, a weasel-like sentient, who went by the name of Master Ethe Rostov. The creche master, still tending to various clans in the Jedi Order, had taken leave for a day to accompany one of his former charges, now a Knight with few to turn to, on a trip to relocate a relationship from his past.

Josh knew well that he was breaking a rule. When padawans were identified before they are old enough to remember their homes, the only family they ever have are their Jedi Masters. Only in rare cases are family members even notified of their relative's name as a Jedi.

But sometimes rules truly were meant to be broken.

Rostov knew what had happened with Josh's master. Rostov knew that the Knight who claimed the poor boy was a Dark Jedi, trying to teach his former charge the arts of the Dark Side. He knew that a vital trust was betrayed when Josh resisted and this Master, Kevir Malus had abused him in return; he knew that it was why he had reconnected with Josh. He assumed that it was why Yoda allowed him to break the rules.

Outpacing Josh as he walked ahead, Rostov reached the turbolift first, and waited for the boy.

Tygon watched the corridor as a dozen more people walked out. None were Jedi. The walkway was left bare, the dirty duracrete planters covered in nothing more than filthy grass on either side and the walking-expanse quite bare in between. He stood up, stepped forward to the check-in point, the walked back under the overhang to sit down just before it began to rain.

It wasn't a downpour. It was a lazy, warm rain full of heavy drops that came down slowly, then quickly, now slowly again. Under the overhang, he was barely aware of it, though puddles that formed began running down the duracrete, around his shoes.

His mind was with anything but the rain.

Would his son be tall? Short? Would he still look like a traditional padawan? Would he have grown a beard, like some Knights? Would the hooked nose typical of the Jinnus family have developed?

Did he

19. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    This deserves another bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.