FF:VIC The Star Wars games thread!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Master_Damir, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Why pull guns out of their hands when you can just grip them and bash them against walls, or throw them up into the air and try and guess where they land?
  2. The-Lute Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cause then you chase the screaming wimps then grip them and bash their heads on walls. Its all about the balance of your powers.

Also use pull to pull them off ledges and crush next to you. Don't get me wrong grip is the best, but only at level 3.
  3. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Some of the powers were pretty useless though.
    I thought multiplayer was fairly average!
  4. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Multiplayer can be good fun, as long as you don't play with Lightning monkeys. Although it's often fun to see a newbie running around trying to zap everyone with their 1337 lightning skillz, then activating Absorb and pushing them down a big hole. Ah, the memories...
  5. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just thought that multiplayer was boring and a bit clunky. I loved single player but multiplayer, well......
  6. The-Lute Jedi Knight

star 3
    For a multi-player shooter you can't go passed Medal of Honor.

Jedi Outcast multi was pretty average.
  7. XtremeDean Jedi Youngling

I used to love playing "Return Of The Jedi" on the C64
  8. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    I still play all the Star Wars game on SNES, but now, i just got an emulator to play them on.

I've been playing Rouge Squadron lately, and I'm loving it. The graphics are good for such a small game, the music is pretty bad but the gameplay is great! I've got a few more mission to go but I'll be definately going back to try and get all the medals and stuff...
  9. Horseshack Jedi Youngling

Who remembers the C64 and arcade vector graphic Star Wars games. Classic!
  10. PolkaHorn Jedi Youngling

I remember at the old arcade playing that double seated version of Star Wars where one person was a piolt and another a gunner.
  11. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Damir and anyone else, do you go to CyberGames @ Bourke Street?

Or 'white house' Chinatown? Daytona USA $1 for 10 laps, as opposed to Galatic Circus' $2.50 for 4 laps. Very firm indeed!
  12. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont go often to those places, but when I do I usually go to Cyber Games on Bourke St or N2C, as I've found they're the cheapest there. I haven't once been to 'white house' but those prices look good. Galactic Circus has always been a rip off, but sadly enough, it's the only place where I can go for a game of pool. I've lost count of how many times my friend and me have been kicked out of that 'Barcode' in Crown just for wanting to play a game of pool...
  13. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    JE, this is a side of you I never knew about!

You'll have to take me for one of your interactive gaming jaunts, so I can also fling money away on cheap virtual entertainment! :D
  14. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I often go to Charltons in Chinatown to play a bit of pool. The atmosphere there is fantastic, all you need is the cigarette smoke.

If you're more into LANs, N2C is alright, but I generally end up in either 1337 or ProGamers. Can't remember exactly where 1337 is, but PG is just outside Melbourne Central station and it's reasonably cheap, plus it has decent hardware.
  15. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't figure you for the computer gaming type, PoT! Not that I waste hours playing computer games, but I'm partial to the odd game here and then and LAN and Daytona's the only way to go!
  16. PolkaHorn Jedi Youngling

I love Medal of HOnor on LAN, and also Battlefield 1942
  17. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhh yes. Good old WW2 LAN games.

Well, I'm happy to say that I finished Rouge Squadron! Not a big achievement since I only got 3 silver and 4 bronze metals :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.